Tri-CityHerald, Feb. 19, 2013: Donna Busche accused contractor Bechtel National and subcontractor URS Energy and Construction of working to fire her in retaliation for raising safety issues concerning the operation of the $12.3 billion vitrification plant — charges the company denies.
KLCC Eugene Oregon NPR (Anna King), Feb. 18, 2013: Donna Busche, is the manager of environmental and nuclear safety for URS. That’s another top contractor on the waste treatment plant project. This month she filed a whistleblower lawsuit against Bechtel and her own company. She’s especially concerned about the plant’s complicated pre-treatment facility. Donna Busche: “I think there are serious issues with the quality, throughout the design and fabrication of that plant. When you have quality indeterminate and safety indeterminate, in the nuclear business, those must be addressed – with unwavering commitment to do the right thing. So I do not believe we have a safety basis for the pretreatment facility.”
Fairewinds Energy Education, Feb. 17, 2013: Are Whistleblowers Being Protected By The NRC? Not Really! [...] Fairewinds Chief Engineer Arnie Gundersen and special guest David Lochbaum, the Director of Nuclear Safety for the Union of Concerned Scientists, compare experiences about how nuclear whistleblowers are NOT protected by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission if they bring safety concerns forward. They will also discuss examples citing instances of the NRC failing to support the legitimate concerns of whistleblowers in the nuclear industry, including inside the NRC itself.
Published: February 19th, 2013 at 1:41 pm ET
- *Listen to Fukushima Special* 1st Hour Guest Arnie Gundersen: When someone steps forward and publishes, we’re going to see higher radioactivity levels in California bluefin tuna (VIDEO) June 10, 2012
- CBS News: Worry about explosion of unstable radioactive material at U.S. nuclear site — “We don’t understand the chemical reactions” -Safety Manager (VIDEO) #Hanford June 20, 2013
- Conservative Radio Host: Fukushima could be going on for centuries — Nobody knows how deep fuel went after melting — It’s sad people not paying attention, busy watching TV and football — Interviews Arnie Gundersen (AUDIO) November 21, 2013
- 3 New Interviews Featuring Nuclear Expert Arnie Gundersen August 2, 2012
- Special Edition: Exactly what happened at Fukushima is going on at NJ nuclear plant, except now reactor is in refueling -Gundersen (AUDIO) October 31, 2012