Interview with former General Electric nuclear plant inspector Kei Sugaoka
Uploaded by laborvideo
Filmed May 5, 2011
Uploaded Jun 6, 2011
At 35:45 in
Sugaoka: My friend the contractor, he works as like an assistant HP at the plant, one of the things he was telling me was he says, ‘Kei there’s been some people dying, young guys, of some weird cancers.’
And I says, ‘You know maybe radiation is [?] as safe as people think it is,’ I told him.
We were going back into Taipei [Taiwan] for dinner, and he says, ‘You know Kei don’t bring that up with Michael Chang, Michael Chang is the head of the division of the HP section at Chin San [Nuclear Power Plant in Taiwan]… at both units.’
I said, ‘Don’t worry I won’t bring that up, but thanks for letting me know’… (Shrugs Shoulders)
I can’t say for sure, ‘Yes that person died of radiaton,’ but when he tells me its puzzling him that normal healthy people are dying at a young age, maybe radiation effects their genes differently.
Published: July 23rd, 2012 at 7:29 am ET
- NBC News: ‘Biblical devastation’ from Fukushima disaster, says former official — TV: “When I was mayor, I knew many people who died from heart attacks… many people in Fukushima died suddenly, even young people… Tepco employees also are dying, but everyone is keeping mum about it” (VIDEO) April 23, 2014
- Crowd Gasps as Mother of Fukushima Worker Speaks: Many young people are passing bloody urine at plant — “I want you to know this truth” (VIDEO) September 14, 2012
- Video: Situation in Fukushima is beyond imagination — Many young and old people dead from heart attacks — Young woman died of leukemia April 28, 2013
- “Truly Frightening”: Doctors being threatened for linking illnesses to Fukushima — Strange tumors, kids dying, pets dying — Much higher incidences of whole range of health problems reported — Experts: 1,000,000 cancers, plus many other ailments possible (AUDIO & VIDEO) October 28, 2014
- Nuclear Expert: Fukushima risk underestimated — 5% of young girls will get cancer living in 20 milliSv/y for 5 years — “Actually worse than that” — Hot particles NOT included & only counts cancers, not other effects (VIDEO) January 18, 2012