Fox 13 Washington:
Anchor: [...] The worst is yet to come. Experts say northwest waters could be jammed with tsunami debris as soon as next month. 500,000 tons of it.
Curtis Ebbesmeyer, Retired Oceanographer. “It’s going to be a terrible thing if it does start coming ashore… Just so enormous that we just… it’s going to take everybody.”
Anchor: He says the debris is now 800 miles off our shores.
He’s hearing from fishermen who’s had school buses and houses tear up nets.
[...] State relying on volunteers to pick up what they can.
h/t Anonymous tips
Published: September 8th, 2012 at 3:42 pm ET
- Video: Fukushima debris “waist high” on Canadian island; “Catastrophic death” trapped in nets, it’s horrifying; 15-mile long lines of floating trash — Journalist: Radioactive tsunami debris found far from Fukushima plant — Global concern over spread of contamination July 29, 2014
- Researchers: Radioactive materials detected off California, levels spike to 400% normal — Crew then discovers ‘island’ of tsunami debris — Never seen so much garbage in ocean before — TV: “Disturbing new images from Pacific… looks like islands of plastic” 1,000 miles from coast — 7 tons and 80 ft. long, can walk on it as if land (VIDEO & PHOTOS) July 28, 2014
- TV: Very concerned about radioactive contamination on tsunami debris heading to U.S. and Canada — Floated through worst of Fukushima fallout — Will not wash off (VIDEO) March 15, 2013
- Huge increase in tsunami debris for U.S. and Canada on the way — Still over 100 times more to reach coast over next few months (VIDEO) November 11, 2012
- CBS: New photos from west coast show large amounts of tsunami debris — Field the size of Calif. headed toward US, says estimate (PHOTOS & VIDEO) December 17, 2011