Arirang News, Sept. 30, 2013: Seoul on Monday blasted Tokyo for its attempt to downplay and cover up the radiation leak of its Fukushima nuclear facility in 2011. Korea’s Minister of Oceans and Fisheries Yoon Jin-sook, criticized the Japanese government for its “immoral” acts and said Tokyo had a duty to inform its neighbors of allowing radioactive water to contaminate the ocean.
Yonhap, Sept. 30, 2013: [...] “We did not know that Japan would let the contaminated water leak. We thought this cannot be allowed while our people’s fears were growing,” Yoon said while meeting with reporters here. “Japan must have a responsibility to inform (us and others). (Japan) was not providing any information while letting all the contaminated water flow freely. It is just absurd,” she added. [...] Japan will not likely file a suit, she said, “because Japan is trying to cover up the whole thing.” “Japan appears to be glossing over its people, too,” she added.
Kyodo, Sept. 30, 2013: [...] “We wondered if we had to protect such immoral people under diplomatic protocols, and so we did it (placed an import ban) as soon as we could,” Oceans and Fisheries Minister Yoon Jin Sook was quoted as telling reporters. [...] there is growing concern over leaks of contaminated water at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant.
See also: Professor: Fukushima disaster "beyond a cover-up" -- Japan gov't thinks they can get away with tricking masses about extent of problem -- Officials and Tepco cannot be trusted, they are lying to the camera
Published: September 30th, 2013 at 5:38 pm ET
- ‘Absurd’: Intentionally dumping Fukushima nuclear material into ocean from land “is not considered dumping” — Allowed under international law? May 14, 2013
- Cover over Reactor No. 1 to be removed at Fukushima plant — Radiation levels expected to rise May 9, 2013
- CNN: Fukushima fallout ‘grossly underestimated’ says new Japan study — “Radioactive poison… contaminating the North Pacific Ocean” — Tepco: ‘Impossible’ to know how much really got out (VIDEO) May 22, 2014
- Tepco to demolish makeshift cover at Fukushima Reactor No. 1 — Trying to remove “radioactive material” — Will take 4 years for new one (PHOTO) May 10, 2013
- Fukushima plant “to keep contaminating the Pacific Ocean for the rest of time” if fuel can’t be removed — No good solution, must constantly pump out water from under buildings (VIDEO) September 3, 2012