Title: Bayou Corne Resident Meeting With La. State Representatives (Informal)
Date: Nov. 8, 2012
Published: Nov. 10, 2012
At 22:20 in
Resident 1: At first the tremors were located here. I felt them myself. Other people have felt them in Pierre Part. They’ve been feeling them in Brule [15 miles southeast of sinkhole] now. The thing is USGS says it isn’t happening. It’s happening.
Resident 2: They said it wasn’t happening when it was happening here [in Bayou Corne?] too.
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: That’s why I’ve asked for congressional help on this. [U.S. Senator] Mary Landreau and [U.S. Senator David] Vitter’s office. Mary West who works in Mary’s office told me whatever comes out of this meeting that they can assist they’re going to do it. She assured me of that.
At 26:00 in
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: We had calls in my office going crazy, calls with tremors as far as Terrebone, some in Upper Lafourche Parish that they’re checking out now.
Resident: They’ve had a lot of big earthquakes everywhere, like big ones.
Published: November 14th, 2012 at 5:43 am ET
- Watch: Local resident filmed how close giant Louisiana sinkhole is to SR 70 — “It is much bigger, and closer to the highway now” (VIDEO) December 2, 2012
- Official: Chief geologist not allowed to speak about giant sinkhole — This guy knew everything — The question is why? (VIDEO) November 18, 2012
- Officials: Quakes increasing near sinkhole — “It’s unknown what this may mean” — “USGS is continuously monitoring this activity” September 13, 2012
- Officials Confirm: Crude oil is flowing to surface of giant sinkhole — USGS reporting seismic activity November 28, 2012
- (UPDATED) TV: Giant sinkhole to more than double in size? “It’s probably going to take out Highway 70″ — “You could look at loss of life” -Resident (VIDEO) March 9, 2013