At 1:45 in
Host: Well it’s kind of unprecedented to this level isn’t it?
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: It absolutely is.
Host: There have been sinkholes, you can go Google up and watch whole houses just disappear all of a sudden, but nothing like this, and nothing with the potential with all the bubbling methane and all the rest of this stuff going on.
Harrison: It is.
At 16:45 in
Harrison: Whether it’s safe or not, I cannot say it is, I don’t think anybody can, because even the scientists are really baffled as to where this thing is going […]
Most of these salt domes are very solid; the geologists feel confident and have for many years, but this an unusual situation. It’s one that’s going to be in the record books.
Published: February 19th, 2013 at 8:14 am ET
- Official: Chemicals coming up at Louisiana sinkhole “could be leaching from actually below the cavern itself” — May also be from “surrounding caverns in that area” (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- Official: All of these chemicals are coming out of ground by Louisiana sinkhole — Actually the chemical compounds are mixing together… some still not identified (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- Radio: New levee around giant sinkhole to eventually collapse? — Official: “It’s kind of frightening we don’t have a handle on this thing” (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- Official mentions possibility of “another major opening” related to Louisiana sinkhole — Wants monitoring system to give people warning (VIDEO) November 15, 2012
- Top Official Warns: Sinkhole could go ‘a lot’ further, potential is substantial — ‘A lot’ of information has yet to come out (VIDEO) November 8, 2012