Official: We were told “evacuate to at least 100 kilometers” after 3/11 because Fukushima Daiichi was going to explode (VIDEO)
Title: Downwind From Disaster
Source: NHK Documentary
Date Uploaded: Jan 1, 2013
At 24:30 in
Toshikazu Owada, Minamisoma City Official: They came in from the lobby over there. Self Defense Force personnel. Running and shouting, “The nuclear plant will explode. Evacuate to at least 100 kilometers.”
They were shouting in loud voices and rushing all around.
Outside a steady stream of Self Defense Force vehicles was already heading out of town.
Seeing them evacuate made me realize this was serious.
- Video: Black radioactive material being reported 100 kilometers south of Fukushima Daiichi March 16, 2013
- Wife of Fukushima Daiichi Worker: He said to evacuate on day of 3/11 and that the nuclear plant would melt down (VIDEO) January 23, 2013
- Paper: “U.S. military is still keeping quiet about” it — Women and children ordered to evacuate base 300 kilometers from Fukushima when radiation alarms went off after 3/11 January 27, 2013
- Strong typhoon headed for leaking nuke plant — Over 1 million Japanese told to evacuate — Due at Fukushima in 48 hours September 20, 2011
- Jiji: Footage reveals Tepco made plans to evacuate Fukushima Daiichi August 19, 2012