Title: Downwind From Disaster
Source: NHK Documentary
Date Uploaded: Jan 1, 2013
At 24:30 in
Toshikazu Owada, Minamisoma City Official: They came in from the lobby over there. Self Defense Force personnel. Running and shouting, “The nuclear plant will explode. Evacuate to at least 100 kilometers.”
They were shouting in loud voices and rushing all around.
Outside a steady stream of Self Defense Force vehicles was already heading out of town.
Seeing them evacuate made me realize this was serious.
Published: January 2nd, 2013 at 10:12 am ET
- Video: Black radioactive material being reported 100 kilometers south of Fukushima Daiichi March 16, 2013
- Japan Expert: Second explosion was “more like a bomb” at Fukushima — Spent nuclear fuel flew 30 kilometers away, pellets collected by military — Very strange materials like europium were found — Should have evacuated out to 300 kilometers (VIDEO) October 7, 2013
- Wife of Fukushima Daiichi Worker: He said to evacuate on day of 3/11 and that the nuclear plant would melt down (VIDEO) January 23, 2013
- Video: Kids walk in park 3 times more radioactive than ‘radiation control area’ — 100 kilometers from Fukushima Daiichi — “Must be closed immediately” June 4, 2013
- Paper: “U.S. military is still keeping quiet about” it — Women and children ordered to evacuate base 300 kilometers from Fukushima when radiation alarms went off after 3/11 January 27, 2013