Official: Chemicals coming up at Louisiana sinkhole “could be leaching from actually below the cavern itself” — May also be from “surrounding caverns in that area” (AUDIO)
Title: Spud talks w/Joe Harrison about the sinkhole
Source: WWL AM 870
Date: February 14, 2013
At 5:15 in
Host: Now all of a sudden all these different chemical compounds are coming out? [...]
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: That’s part of what we’re dealing with right now is the unknown.
We’ve been told it could be leaching from actually below the cavern itself or from surrounding caverns that are in that area.
Again Spud, it’s the unknown and that what these people that have homes there are suffering through this.
- Official: All of these chemicals are coming out of ground by Louisiana sinkhole — Actually the chemical compounds are mixing together… some still not identified (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- Louisiana Sinkhole Briefing: Essentially, the earth is fractured from the salt cavern all the way to surface — Crude oil coming up through fracture zone (VIDEO) October 26, 2012
- Texas Brine: “Total area of sinkhole including surrounding subsidence band is about 14 to 15 acres” (VIDEO) December 19, 2012
- Official: Louisiana sinkhole going to be in record books — The scientists are really baffled (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- NPR: Strange things happening near massive sinkhole in Louisiana — “Doors pop open by themselves” — You can hear the cracking (AUDIO) March 21, 2013