St. Mary’s Officials Warns Of Potential Dam…, WBFF FOX45 Baltimore, August 28, 2011 12:25 am EDT:
Officials in St. Mary’s County are warning of a potential dam failure at St. Mary’s Lake near Callaway.
They issued the Code Red notification at 10:40 p.m. Saturday after Hurricane Irene poured more than seven inches of rain in the area.
The county says a dam failure may cause significant flooding that could threaten people, homes and roads downstream. [...]
St. Mary’s Lake is less than 15 miles from Calvert Cliffs nuclear plant:
Published: August 28th, 2011 at 5:08 am ET
- Congressman: Emergency diesel generator was inoperable due to flooding at Maryland nuke plant where transformer exploded during hurricane August 31, 2011
- NRC Report: Transformer “explosion” near turbine building at Maryland nuke plant August 29, 2011
- ‘Unusual Event’ at Maryland nuke plant: Large piece from building hits main transformer, triggers reactor shutdown — Emergency response plan in use (VIDEO) August 28, 2011
- Quake rocks Washington DC area — 5.9-magnitude epicenter only 12 miles from Virginia nuke plant August 23, 2011
- ABC 10 miles from NJ nuke plant: We can hear gas lines hissing — Fire dept. says one spark and town could blow (VIDEO) October 31, 2012