The Advocate: Another bubbling spot was found in a waterway along Bayou Drive in Pierre Part and is being tested, parish officials said Wednesday.
WAFB: Officials said a bubbling spot was noticed in Pierre Part and DEQ will take samples to determine if it is natural gas (swamp gas). OEP monitored the area and detected no harmful risks.
Assumption Parish Police: A bubbling spot was observed on Bayou Drive in Pierre Part. DEQ will take samples today that will determine if this bubbling is natural gas or “swamp gas”. Monitoring was done by OEP and there were no harmful risks detected.
Distance from sinkhole to nearest point on Bayou Dr. in Pierre Part:
Map of bubble sites:
Distance from sinkhole to bubble site that previously was the furthest away:
See the most recent official map of the 25+ bubble sites near the sinkhole here
Published: September 27th, 2012 at 4:56 am ET
- Now 28 bubbling sites associated with giant sinkhole — ‘Air releases’ at 3 locations outside area being tested (PHOTO) October 5, 2012
- Video: Huge methane bubble site found near giant Louisiana sinkhole — Within 100 ft. of Bayou Corne home May 8, 2013
- TV: Officials report more bubbling around sinkhole — Now over 20 sites have appeared (VIDEO) September 20, 2012
- Louisiana Sinkhole: Seismic activity now being reported in town miles away — Officials say no September 28, 2012
- Concern about new bubble sites near giant sinkhole — Resident: More bubbling emerged in past week… “I’m thinking gas is closer to surface than they think” January 19, 2013