Published: August 7th, 2011 at 5:58 am ET

Aug 6, 2011 Oklahoma City First Rain Since Drought Started, FireByNight, August 6, 2011:

Rain stopped long enough to go outside and see what came down in the rain. Got rain sample from top of plastic trash bin. Started raining again toward the end of the video. I had to stop and get out of it. You can come to your own conclusion of what is going on in this video. [...]

Published: August 7th, 2011 at 5:58 am ET

1. Report: 1.68 µSv/hr detected in Canadian rain water sample — Geiger counter display reads “DANGEROUS RADIATION BACKGROUND” July 18, 2011
  2. 30 microsieverts per hour in Nikko City, Tochigi — 150 km from Fukushima meltdowns (VIDEO) November 28, 2011
  3. Report: 3.5 microsieverts/hour inside Tokyo home — Later drops below .2 microsieverts/hour (VIDEO) December 22, 2011
  4. WATCH: Fukushima worker films as radiation spikes to 1.32 sieverts per hour (1,320,000 microsieverts/hr) November 16, 2011
  5. Cesium 137 Detected in Virginia Rain: “I have said from the beginning that there is Fukushima fallout in the rain water” — Can’t be detected with geiger counter (VIDEO) June 24, 2012

59 comments to Oklahoma City rain at 1.62 microsieverts per hour — “Dangerous Radiation Background” (VIDEO)

SEATTLE — A Seattle nuclear watchdog group is accusing the federal government of failing to keep the public informed of radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster.
    In the days following the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the U.S. began monitoring radiation from Japan’s leaking nuclear power plants.
    Most of the public attention went to the air monitoring which showed little or no radiation coming our way. But things were different on the rain water side.
    “The level that was detected on March 24 was 41 times the drinking water standard,” said Gerry Pollet from Heart of America Northwest. He reviewed Iodine 131 numbers released by the Environmental Protection Agency last spring.

[MODERATOR: Read the full report at the link above]

• Assuming a normal background radiation of .26 microsieverts/hr, 1.62 represents 1.36 above background. or 12 msv annual. Allowed is 0.1 milliSv. This is 120 times the ECRR 2010 allowed safe limit!

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

my sister and brother in law have been in oklahoma city all week. I tried my best to convince them not to go. I even told my sister the truth. “why is it not on the news”? She believed me when I explained why, but they still went.

• Tanuki San

So where do they think this radiation is coming from?

• Well they posted it here… so…

• irradiated californian

could be from fukushima….could be from los alamos…could be from the nebraska plants…plenty of suspects to say the least.

• Steven Steven

Does anyone know, are the (pro) nuclear energy websites full of videos like this showing no dangerous radiation? I suspect not, although I couldn’t stomach visiting them anymore. I get enough negative reaction from friends without going looking for trouble.

It just seems like a good compass in itself if those people who support nuclear energy have nothing to say at all on these findings. If they were in the least suspect (the findings) I’d imagine the pro-nukes would be in our faces with their shout-downs.

• kVass

Unclear nrg’tic

• This must be a local source, most probably Los Alamos. 1.62uS/h x 24h x 365 = 14,19mSv per year

For example one of officialy most contaminated japans Litate village 40km from Fukushima has 2.5uSv/h by “official numbers” which would equal 21.9mSv per year.

• irradiated californian

i agree, it is too high to be from fukushima in my opinion. not to say fuku radiation isn’t in the atmosphere, but for the numbers to be that high, it has to be from somewhere not too far away from the source of the vid. nebraska is only a few states above oklahoma.

• We did see the video of the rain in Canada a few weeks back of Dangerous Radiation Background and we know that it will continue to get everywhere and in higher degrees !
    What are you drinking today ???

: |

• We are all wise enough to know that as what happened in Japan, falling of fallout all the time the nights condensation of the air cooling and dew on the grounds in the morning will have concentration of same.
    As in the gulf, G O M lower and more concentrated in early morning hours !

• Note, Our crops next year and from here out will be grown in these contaminated lands/farms as Japan is doing !
    It’s accumulative !

• Bobby1

The high readings in OKC are probably due to a number of factors:

1. The Las Conchas fire burned vegetation from decades of nuclear dumping in the area. But deposited radioactive particles from Fuku were also involved.

2. Plumes of radiation from Fuku itself.

3. It is likely that there is a semi-permanent cloud of radioactive particles in the mid and upper levels of the atmosphere, covering the US. Researchers from Fukushima University showed that a large amount of fallout had reached the stratosphere (above 10km): http://www.sss.fukushima-u.ac.jp/sonde_data/

The number of deaths in this region of the country is up 7%. http://freepdfhosting.com/85cff00a17.pdf

• I have been checking the EPA’s radnet for beta levels in Nebraska and Iowa since early July.

They have been very high, up to 490 beta which may be 20 times background.

I have posted these levels on my blog. The can be seen also on Alexander Higgins blog.

Several days ago someone contacted me saying that the equipment was malfunctioning due to the heat and that the beta levels were off.

He asked me to post his reasonable sounding explanation on his blog. Now I wonder whether his explanation is accurate.

I suspected the radiation was coming from Fort Calhoun based on the patterns of dispersion because Omaha was highest in Nebraska.

Des Moines was always under review. Now I see the highest levels of beta were recorded in Iowa (using the EPA scatter plot)

Pierre SD also has had very high levels.

What do you all think?

• WindorSolarPlease

I think we are getting saturated with radiation from all over, it’s not only from Fukushima.

I believe that Fukushima is deadly on it’s own, even if we didn’t have our own leaks, waste dumping, and trouble plants.

I think for many years our plants and waste dumping have cause many to die from cancer.

• James Tekton James Tekton

Blessings and full hearted support to all you great researchers and positive contributors. This week is going to be an interesting one. Stay tuned, and Be Prepared!

We have a 65.4 CPM reading outside here in the Durango, CO area today. Possible causes are high altitude and intense solar activity. Still counting—>northwest of Los Alamos.

And to reply here, it’s not about think, WE KNOW that radiation in very high levels was coming down all over the country BEFORE the Mar 11th Japanese Disaster Event. We have the proof in the charts that were on the EPA web site before they took them down.

So, it is not what we think is coming at us from all these directions, it is about the FACT that we KNOW there has been seriously high radiation levels coming at us for many months and perhaps even years before the Quake in Japan. What we see on the doctored EPA cover-up site is appearingly a lot less than what was coming down in the weeks just before Fukushima. Go figure.

The door is also still wide open for the s-tux.net vir-.us having been executed and could be causing havoc in this country now. Thus, all the cover up and drive-around the subject lies and distractions in the lame stream media about the local situations. We even see the story about an “Unusual Event” shutting down a reactor in NY today. Unusual?? Hummmmm….

What we have now is a huge web of deceit and suddenly all these locations leaking radiation that IS killing us all off little by little. Population control in full swing with no stopping it. Goal: 90% population reduction. Stu(k)-x-(on the)net is still virally on the loose. (Unusual Events)

The muddier the waters get with more and more chaos, the more and more this huge Japan issue will go to the back burner. Nothing happens by accident. All is well planned and secretly executed.

Any one who values life, or has ANY compassion for the species had better get jiggity and very angry NOW to motivate and manifest action before it is too late and you are too weakened and sick to raise a finger. If you are going to perish anyways, why not go out in a grandiose way yelling and screaming from the wall-tops. Or rather, make noise all the way down the drain and refuse to ride the train.

But offhandedly, a good and great question really is, can a fully awakened populace actually change the direction the Earthship is going into? (Chaos vs. Peace and Harmony)

We all who have learned more than we want to know about radiation from all this information here over the last five months are part of the entire collective mind that is unconsciously/unknowingly committing mass suicide. Ignorance is the greatest sin in Creators View, it was never meant for you. Deceit is a weapon of war, we want no more. Division is a creation of the mind, not the heart. Greed is thankless, it is never kind.

It has all killed off many a civilization and is now doing it again. We the multi-dimensionally alert here seem powerless to stop this kill-off and cannot wake the populations that sleep in the haze of dis/mis-information/illusion fast enough. The mass in-action and do-nothing attitude will be the direct cause of the downfall of this Aeon of mankind. Just as before. The insane psychopaths are still in control and we are all slated for the mass graves or incinerators. It has always been a race between the constant Universal changes that come and the reptilian mentality of those who seek to destroy for the sake of racial control. Will we collectively ever learn from history? And where are America’s last real hero’s? Here at EneNews. Give thanks!

What can we do?

ALL WE CAN UNTIL THE LAST BREATH.

Are we breathing yet?

• patb2009

Bear in Mind the Midwest in in a major heat crisis. A lot of folks are dying from the heat right now.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Yes..living near Los Alamos that’s the assumption…the rate is a combination of the two.
    Someone else posted this yesterday…
    Everything east in the jet stream would be affected…….
    And this would carry to all areas…local dosing… add Fukushima…
    Gundersen ..I believe found extremely high radiation doses in the GOM..God help the people in the area.

• westcoastgirl westcoastgirl

I am wondering if anyone has done any testing of the SF Bay Area…I have considered getting a Geiger counter and doing it myself, but I always get lost when I see how many different kinds there are, and feel I lack the expertise in the subject to really know what I’m doing. I might try again, though.

But I am curious about the level of radiation around here. I spend a lot less time outdoors than I used to, and I now cover my nose when I go for bike rides, which I hope helps. The weather has been extremely foggy, hazy and cold this summer, so I don’t care about being outdoors much, anyway…I wonder if the fog is radioactive like the rain…

• Bob Hardin Bob Hardin

The dosimeter used in the video is pretty good. It’s a Soeks, made in Russia. The read-out is in microsieverts, and in English. Costs around $300. I bought one from a guy in Moscow on eBay.

• lam335 lam335

Hi,

I was going to mention the following link for real-time geiger-counter readings in West Los Angeles, but I just visited the page and, for the first time since I learned of this page, it says it is “off air”:

• 1984

westcoastgirl,
        i too live in the bay area. luckily there has been no rain here for some time. i’m at a age now where that i’ll probably not be a victim of the genocide. however i do have 4 children 25 to 17 and 2 granchildren. i am very nervous thinking about the first couple days of rain which as you know will be soon enough. and we’re going to get a payload of crap coming down. it just breaks my heart knowing that their lives will be affected most assured from all these sources of radiation and their lives will probably be shortened. i label myself as sorta the watchdog of all things that impact their lives. but as others have posted here most people, i’m guessing 90% are playing this “if it happens, it happeens” thing that unsettles me. afterall we were young once and felt we were immortal, i get that. i kinda feel like a farmer who after working a long hard day on the ranch sets out the feed for the herd and the gang just doesn’t come home for the feast. now at some point, and i really don’t want to, i’ll have to go on facebook and make an ass out of myself telling the sheeple i know to stay out of the rain and stay indoors. i’m so fed up with this crap. and it’s to late for me to go back to the “if it happens, it happens” baloney.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

You know..it would be cool..to just stand around wondering….. but there is just so many damn other things to think about and fight for.
    ..why is it dew? or just water on the leaves/..or are the leaves just shining?…sheesh.

• Bobby1

The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico also released radioactive substances, such as radon and radium into the gulf. Chris Busby estimated that 110 pounds of uranium was in the oil.

Chernobyl in the Gulf of Mexico http://www.stuarthsmith.com/chernobyl-in-the-gulf-of-mexico

• I so wish I had a meter to detect how high the radiation is here in the mountains of western North Carolina. My bet is that it is high, and my bet is that many more have higher readings than the gov’t wants us to know.
    Everyone I discuss this with without the internet thinks I am crazy. Yet I come here to read and follow the links each day.
    Thanks to enenews I at least know the score.
    God or gods help us all.

• Pallas89juno Pallas89juno@yahoo.com

Dear Mission:

I’m not in a great position to buy a geiger counter either. I recommend, if you have neighbors-family-friends who are interested in this (and I know that this may NOT be the case in the U.S. so just suggesting), see if a group purchase, kind of like a book club but for a single geiger counter, then the group takes turns working on the best calibration methods, the best data gathering/recording/dissemination methods and the best interpretation.

Otherwise, as to would radioactivity be higher where it rains more: yes, it would be. Often, not always, mountainous areas are where the radiation from fallout comes down most intensely. I haven’t fully figured out the reasons why; but you can see evidence of this in the fallout deposition maps from Chernobyol: http://www.environmental-studies.de/Radioecology/Radiocesium/Cs_E1/cs_e1.html AND http://www.tuurdemeester.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Chernobyl-map-Caesium-137-contaminated-areas-in-European-countries.jpeg In the first map you see deposition being high in Bavaria which is a higher elevation with a mountainous topography area of southern Germany. In the second, more complicated map, you see that nearest the Chernobyl event there was a lot of deposition on flat terrain. However, as the plume circulated first to the north and then circled around to the SW of Europe (not quite to Spain) to Italy, Switzerland, etc., you notice that the pattern with distance is for higher deposition totals in mountainous terrain, this was in a several days, totalling about one week, timeframe. I do not know the weather for the period, but likely rain increases deposition. However, as we can see from some of the data from Phoenix, rain is not always necessary for fallout to be high. In Phoenix, as in North Carolina, one is in the lower middle latitutes, which is an area of descending winds, particularly in the summer Therefore, fallout deposits can be higher in this region simply because of the larger circulation of the winds.

• Au Au

Like others on this forum I also have family members who aren’t buying the radiation story. They say, “Well, if we are getting bombarded all the time then why aren’t Radiation Network’s readings getting increasingly higher? Shouldn’t it be over 100 CPM by now in the USA?”
        Does anyone have an answer to that?

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

BBl…irradiated californian will return shortly … gasping…. with denial on the breath.

• selfsovereign

THANKYOU!!

I would appreciate everyones opinion on why obvious gatekeepers/shills/corporate whores and JUDAS GOATS to all of humanity are excruciatingly tippy-toed around?

Even IF the sysop isn’t able to exercise her free will and screen out judas goats to all forms of transcendental symbiosis……we could,without curse words,isnt it our right to not only defend the truth, but to hold it up CONSTANTLY in the face of those who would PROFIT/BENEFIT off this madness??

To me it seems obvious that stpaulscout , newton, irradiated californian and others are obviously indifferent to the planets plight and incapable of empathy.

I hope I havent offened anyone too much

• Some how some way at least here I feel folks know what is going on. I read all the comments and thanks all of the regulars here for teaching me more than I ever thought I would want or care to know.

• Altheasunlvr

This is not a surprise. Have been using the EPA data search and readings in Ark are high (there was no data for Tulsa). OK is known for dust and allergens, with many residents suffering from allergies and asthma. Family and acquaintences with allergies are now suffering from an unusual raspy cough. From the drought conditions or fallout? Is this fallout causing our extreme drought conditions? Not an expert – trying to self-educate.

• selfsovereign

Altheasunlvr

Ive begun growing an african coleus forskohli , whose roots have a dilating effect on vascularity and has been used for asthma, alergies , glaucoma and more. Could prove useful if we all get the lung inflamation from breathing gundersons fuel fleas that 30years of alice stewart studies indicate.

A simple plant,bright sun , little water, mint family

contains a rare molecule that effects every cell,, increasing cAMP levels within the body. Fascinating read

• Pallas89juno Pallas89juno@yahoo.com

Dear Althea:

Dust in hot, dry conditions, particularly where the soil is very fertile (biodiverse), can be quite toxic, naturally, but the radiation and the ag chemicals surely don’t help. All kinds of viruses take siestas in dust waiting for a nice persistent wind to carry them to a host. The lungs and immune systems of people are stressed in dusty conditions, pretty often. Though sitting here in Northern California, I’m freezing, as usual,in the foggy morning and am having a bit of grass is greener syndrome, except for the radioactive rain part of the Tulsa, OK City current weather.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Dear Althea..Much of the drought situation is due to government and private application of weather modification.
    Out West here..the clouds were seeded for record snow fall…many ski areas ..enjoyed an extended season.
    The rivers swell during run off..but hey..that’s down river.
    Out on the open plains..is severe drought…
    ..well..up in until recently…with the monsoon season and manmade weather..causing flash flooding.
    I’ve heard endless stories from land owners saying part of their land is flooding ..part is drought.
    Tremendous soil erosion is occurring.
    Either way the livestock suffer…ranchers go broke…farmers go broke…food goes up.
    PRIVATE companies..have been the right to dump toxic chemicals on us….this is very dangerous.
    The military ..is supporting the agenda of the military.
    Oh….that’s right..they are under orders…under orders from whom…..
    …our corrupt government.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

Texas Weather Modification Advisory Board or some such…

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

..even..indigenous weather modification…it just sounds more pleasing to the native peoples ..doesn’t it

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

In the meantime….the clouds look shabby today..maybe the “Air Maidens…I mean Air Maids….no… I meant Air Force…could do a better job.
    We want the clouds that are beautiful ..like they were.
    So shape up ..would ya..?

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

….another show of Man’s insolence to Nature and ultimately God.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

PS..Rep.Udall and Sen.Kay Bailey Hutchison..are the ones pushing for the leagalites of this in Congress.
    ODDLY..both their staes are suffering terribly due to extreme weather..

• westcoastgirl westcoastgirl

Okay, I’m looking into buying a geiger counter…I have a few questions, so if anyone knows the answers, please reply. Remember, I know almost nothing about these things, and even after following enenews for months I still have trouble understanding all the terms and levels (I have learned a few things, but not much).

So i want to know, is a geiger counter the same thing as a dosimeter, and if not, what’s the difference?

Is there any benefit to a digital device? I was looking into a non-digital one. In some ways I think non-digital might be better because I have found that digital things (thermometers, etc) break down faster.

The one I was looking at was called a DX 2b geiger counter from RDX Nuclear…any info about this one?

If I buy one, I will use it and let people know what I find in the area…

• Jebus Jebus

I have to add a warning here. Be sure that you want and need a geiger counter as they are expensive and there are unscrupulous characters, read ripoff artists, on the net right now and there are fakes. Do your homework and be sure before proceding. I am a geek, so the cheap one that I purchased on ebay, I am comfortable with. It has no display and hooks to a computer for data logging and conversion. The average user would want a self contained unit with a display. Again, do your homework and buy from a reputable source.

• bigisland bigisland

@westcoastgirl The dosimeter I know of from 30 years ago are shaped like pens. You look thru it and there’s a lil red wire that goes up and down the scale. They have to be charged into a charger. A geiger counter looks different and is bigger and has charged plates and whatever the air goes thru the charged plates, counts how many radioactive particles are inside.
    It’s all in the quality of the device that you buy (nondigital vs. digital..digital breaking down faster). I have no idea if the one you’re looking at is the best one. Perhaps it matters how device is measuring..whether in becquerel, sievert, counts per minute, rad unit, rem unit, roentgen, etc. Sure some folks here have mo’ imput and better answers.

• Jebus Jebus

Most geiger counters use a geiger muller tube.
      These are the types that we have access to and are the most inexpensive.
      Any geiger counter that uses a geiger muller tube only picks up the radioactive decay in counts per unit of time. Hence the name geiger counter. This is then converted to dose or exposure rates whether in the unit, by attaching to a computer, or using a stopwatch and doing the math. A digital device will be more reliable in the long run because an analog unit is more susceptible to damage in the meter movement. They are only as good and accurate as the care that is taken in averaging the readings and taking care to not expose the unit to contamination. The battery must be in good condition to power the high voltage regulator properly.

I do not have much info on a dosimeter…

• odiez1 odiez1

As bigisland said, the dosimeter is shaped like a pen.
        It doesn’t count individual decay particles like a gm tube, out count the cumulative exposure.
        So you can look at it, and find out after the fact that you got xxx retogens total for that time.
        My dosimeter pens are fairly useless right now, the first tic is at 10 retogens, up to 500. Pretty useless…

• westcoastgirl westcoastgirl

I was thinking that even if I didn’t need one right now, it seems like having a geiger counter is a good idea for whattever might happen in the future…and I’m now pretty sure that something else will happen eventually that would require one.

I’m also curious because it seems many areas are finding high radiation readings, far from Fukushima but maybe in other areas of concern.

I have not heard much of anything about the levels in the Bay Area, and I’m definitely wondering…I planted kale and chard in the garden, but after Fukushima I have wondered if it’s safe to eat, especially because we got a lot of rain after 3-11, right about when I planted it. I eat it anyway, but still would like to know for sure.

The one I was looking at was new, and around $260. the prices go from less than $200 to $1000, so I figured this was a fairly inexpensive one, but looked pretty useful. I’m sure there are better quality ones, but this one seemed like a good deal. I just hope it will be easy enough to use and understand, since I am an inexperienced user.

Anyway, I will look for a geiger counter, maybe a digital one instead. I always stop my search in confusion about the many different varieties and price, but this time I want to make a decision.

• StillJill StillJill

That is great westcoastgirl,…thank you from a fellow Californian who can’t afford one!

I appreciate your set of eyes for us-

• ion jean ion jean

OK, this morning in the Northeast mountain region I am also reading elevated levels in the rainwater. About 9 CPM over background with an old school handheld geiger counter…the levels of this seem even a bit higher than what I read here in March and April.

Just an alert for all honest, freedom loving patriots: wash your garden pickings REALLY WELL. Keep your children indoors during downpours. The Feds have left us to die, we must help each other. Remember to find a small miracle every day even if you need to create one for someone else, so your life stays filled with joy in these dark days.

To the elite…please don’t wash your fruits and veggies, do lots of bicycling in the rain on your summer vacations and if we’re lucky you’ll all rot in the sun like blighted tomatoes.

Obama’s agenda is more to do PR for Exelon Corp. than run a country. He needs to be thrown out of office along with most of Congress. The EPA, FDA and military all need to be defunded. So does any loan guarantees for the (soon to be defunked) nuclear industry.

THANK YOU ARNIE GUNDERSEN. fairewindsDOTorg

THANK YOU ALEX JONES. infowarsDOTcom

THANK YOU MIKE ADAMS. naturalnewsDOTcom

And also, THANK YOU ENENEWS!!! And the refreshingly intelligent discourse of your commenters!

All True American Heroes! God Bless You