Published: January 16th, 2012 at 12:09 pm ET

Title: UCB Milk Sampling Results
Source: University of California Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering
Date: 1/14/2012 (9:40am)

By integrating all of the milk data we have collected since March 11, we can estimate the total effective dose equivalent (TEDE) one could have received from exposure to fission product isotopes in milk to date. For someone drinking milk at the relatively high rate of one gallon per week, the TEDE could be nearly 1 microsievert, or the total effective dose equivalent for only 12 minutes on an airplane flight or 3.7 hours of the average person’s background exposure from natural sources of radiation.

Pasteurized, Homogenized Milk from the San Francisco Bay Area with Best By Date of 12/29/2011

• Cs-134: 0.068 Becquerels/liter (Bq/l) ±0.011 [MDA=0.044]
  • Cs-137: 0.075 Bq/l ±0.015 [MDA=0.052]

Total cesium is .143 Bq/l, or 3.87 picocuries/l (pCi/l) (1 Bq = 27.1 pCi).

The EPA Maximum Contaminant Level for radioactive cesium in milk is 3 pCi/l:

“EPA lumps these gamma and beta emitters together under one collective MCL [Maximum Contaminant Level], so if you’re seeing cesium-137 in your milk or water, the MCL is 3.0 picocuries per liter; if you’re seeing iodine-131, the MCL is 3.0; if you’re seeing cesium-137 and iodine-131, the MCL is still 3.0.” -Forbes.com

Current levels are about 40% higher than what was detected 6 months ago:

Pasteurized, Homogenized Milk from the San Francisco Bay Area with Best By Date of 8/22/2011

• Cs-134: 0.047 Bq/l ±0.010 [MDA=0.041]
  • Cs-137: 0.052 Bq/l ±0.013 [MDA=0.044]

See the data here

Published: January 16th, 2012 at 12:09 pm ET

1. Highest level of radioactive cesium in San Francisco-area milk since September 2011 — Now at 150% of EPA’s maximum contaminant limit (CHART) February 7, 2012
  2. 220 days later: Radiation levels in San Francisco-area milk remain above EPA’s Max Contaminant Level — Cesium-137 continues steady increase that began in August October 20, 2011
  3. Both cesium-134 and cesium-137 increase in latest San Francisco Bay Area milk sample (CHART) September 15, 2011
  4. Radioactive cesium in San Francisco Bay Area milk close to exceeding EPA’s Maximum Contaminant Level August 29, 2011
  5. San Francisco Bay Area milk sample has highest amount of Cesium-137 since last June — Almost double EPA’s maximum contaminant level April 10, 2012

107 comments to Over EPA limit: Cesium levels in San Francisco area milk now higher than 6 months ago

• WindorSolarPlease

This should be all over the news. It keeps going up and then they raise the safe limits.

• WindorSolarPlease

Kids, adults are drinking milk. Pull them off the shelves. Warn the public, or is this Japan?

Time to put the public first and corporations second!!!

• HoTaters HoTaters

Just contacted four local (and a couple large) dairy farms and cooperatives/creameries.

Sent a link to this article, and info. on WA and HI state dairy farmers using sodium borate and/or zeolite to counteract radioactive contamination in dairy cattle/milk products.

Please, if you have a chance, here’s your chance at activism on the grassroots level. Contact your local dairies/dairy suppliers, and provide them with a link to this article!

We need to educate farmers and diary suppliers about this risk to our food supply.

Am going to post this at “Activism” too.

• John316 John316

Funny how they don’t want us to drink raw milk or organic foods. Yet, they are trying to kill us. Why? Population control, they know there’s more than one way to (skin) kill a cat. Remember the arsenic in the apple juice? Every month they are telling us one thing or the other is no good for us to eat, only to tell us at a later date – we made a mistake…and now, Item B is the thing to stay away from. They mean to kill us one way or the other. Don’t count on the media to cover anything, the secret societies don’t want them to. Why do you think the government can get away with all that it’s getting away with?

• John316 John316

Take a look at both these videos and let me know what you think afterward. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC90447D3572156B6&feature=mh_lolz

And this one…. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3C2E8377885CBEFF&feature=plpp
      It’s vital to know what game is being played and who the major players are. It didn’t just start yesterday.

• One would think that UC Berkeley would know better than to compare an INTERNAL radiation dose with an EXTERNAL radiation dose. What the Fuku is going on here?

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

UCB has operated BRAWM –Berkeley Radiological Air Water Montioring Lab– since the start of Fuku disaster. But I have felt their findings to be suspect. I have no alternative proof; they just always seemed to be on the Tepco “nothing to worry about” page. This is just a feeling, no contradicting data here.
      To see their data (including water)click here

I doubt their accuracy, but what else would you expect from the University which played the major role in the development of all things nuclear.

Again .

• HoTaters HoTaters

I think they probably subscribe to the USDA (or is it FDA?) standards of harmful exposure, even though they report in terms of EPA maximums. Therefore, the contamination is of less concern until it gets to a much higher level. Just my “read” on the concern/lack of concern that is expressed from the UCB group.

• ion jean ion jean

Cesium 137 is still showing up in Vermont milk from the 60s or so the DOH says…this is probably pure spin, and so is the Berkeley dept comment about dose equivalents…3 hrs of natural background…give me a break! Gamma penetrates from the outside…beta in your milk RESIDES, sets up shop

In the breast, in the heart, in the prostate, and anywhere else it damn feels like…And remember, where there is cesium there must also be strontiums 89 and 90…far worse, binds with CALCIUM then your bones and teeth…

The way fallout isotopes read in milk will not be a marker for current releases…precipitation alone will skew the levels for six months with these long life betas…

Worse still: Strontium 90 fractionates in the atmosphere…more of it comes down then what went up…fkd up, Really Fkd Up!

• Bobby1

The cesium-134/137 ratio has increased from October. This is “new” cesium. Cesium 134 has a half-life of 2 years versus 30 years for 137, so the 134 level should have dropped.

• What about the strontium (/sarcasm).

• Cataclysmic Cataclysmic

Goes great with Oreos?

Hey TG.. we are expecting our first real snow over here in Spokane.. a foot! omg.. keep seeing Nuk’s video and thinking ugh… Do you know if anybody got a Geiger reading on the western wa snow?

• Cataclysmic
    Not that I know of.

We have snow here now in tacoma. I am not going outside all week:(

• Cataclysmic Cataclysmic

Gosh I wish I could afford one of those Geiger counters! I sure wish we had someone here with one locally….. would sure like to know what the snow pack reads.. gonna bunker down a bit… out to run errands before the precipitation comes..

• trinityfly trinityfly

A great place to monitor cpm readings is on RADNET. I own a geiger monitor and am part of it. I have been on it since the reactor crisis. The readings you see on-line are updated by the minute. It is worth bookmarking.

• pacific

? RADNET is run by a private contractor, for the US government, and very badly. As far as I know they don’t take input from individuals with geiger monitors. What do you mean that you have a monitor and are part of RADNET?

Also, the last I checked, RADNET hadn’t posted any of their testing results past April or May?

Hello trinityfly,

Do you mean you’re a member of Radiation Network, or RADNET? RadNet is the EPA site.

Would you please give a quick summation of the difference between RadNet CPM counts and what you see when you go to the EPA Radiation Monitoring site? As I understand it, the Radiation Network site reports in simple CPM counts. The RadNet site (EPA) reports in counts per milisecond (I think).

Would appreciate clarification on how to do the conversion from CPM to Counts Per MIllisecond, thanks.

• To get CPM, just multiply becquerels by 60. Or to go the other way, divide CPM by 60 to get CPS, a.k.a. becquerels. There is a conversion from CPM to Rem (concentration to dose), which is probably why American outfits still use CPM. When foreigners do CPM, it’s mostly to cleverly disguise (by diminishment) how many becquerels you’re breathing/eating and/or drinking. Though you can get from becquerels to Sieverts if you have to, but the exponentials on that one are daunting for ease of understanding. All conversions from concentration to dose are somewhat fuzzy.

If 50 Bq/kg is enough to cause organ damage, you’d want to say 6 CPM instead

• LetThemEatYellowCake LetThemEatYellowCake

I believe trinityfly is referring to radiationnetwork.com, not EPA’s radnet – the shortened name is the same is all.

• trinityfly trinityfly

I forgot to mention that I am on the west coast British Columbia. My own government refuses to post any readings to the public. Apparently there is “nothing to see people….run along now!”.

• arclight arclight

hi trinity fly!

you can leave the odd reading at the post you radiation monitoring here thread under the last comments on the right top of the page!!

hope to see you there!
      peace!

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

trinityfly you said “A great place to monitor cpm readings is on RADNET. I own a geiger monitor and am part of it.”

RADNET is the American EPA government radiation site.

Then you say “I forgot to mention that I am on the west coast British Columbia.”

Interesting…

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

@trinityfly had to jump in & give this warning about RADNET.

But an inquiry by the University of California, Berkeley (UCB) into a questionable radiation graph released by the EPA revealed that, prior to the Fukushima disaster, at least one detector in the RadNet system was so badly calibrated that it showed much higher radiation levels before the disaster than after it occurred (http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/node/2371).

As others began to probe the situation further, it was uncovered that a private company, Environmental Dimensions, Inc. (EDI), is actually in charge of maintaining the RadNet system. And the owner of this company, which received a no-bid, sole source maintenance contract, is none other than Patricia S. Bradshaw, former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense appointed by former President George W. Bush.

Why is this significant? Bradshaw’s connections to the former administration make her company’s government contract a clear conflict of interest. And the fact that her company appears to have negated its responsibilities in properly maintaining the RadNet system prior to the Fukushima disaster is both unacceptable and highly suspicious, considering her previous role.

• HoTaters HoTaters

Ugh, it just gets sicker and sicker ….

No “Doh!”

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

continued from above:

Many of the RadNet stations across the US were either out of service or not transmitting information to the public during and after the Fukushima disaster. In the days and weeks to follow, many of those same stations continued to supply either no or bogus data. And a review of the EPA RadNet website shows that the normal quarterly reports of station data have not been published since 2009 (http://pstuph.wordpress.com/2011/04…).

Clearly, EDI was not performing its rightful duties as overseers of RadNet. EDI’s negligence in this crucial situation is wholly unacceptable, especially since the company reaps in a base payment of $238,000 plus “materials and travel” costs from taxpayers for doing, at best, dismally poor work. At worst, the company has deliberately failed to fulfill its responsibilities in maintaining the RadNet system, and keeping the American people accurately informed about a radioactive fallout situation.

>>there are a number of additional links in that article for mroe info.

• HoTaters HoTaters

MaidenHeaven, check the RadNet data for S.F. and L.A. Are the wave forms still IDENTICAL? They were a couple of days ago, even to the casual observer. Clearly some of the data is being fudged.

• jec jec

RADNET contact for approximatley 238,000 a year..hey anyone on this site could baby sit the 100 or so volunteer sites posting to the web..and do backups..

• NoNukes NoNukes

Just want to add a bit about this Nuclear Engineering Department. I happened to see a clip on the local San Francisco news (the Fox affiliate of all places, I think), after Fukushima was raised to a “7.”

The professors interviewed (Vujic and Vetter I am guessing but would have to see it again) were not upset over the damage the fallout was going to do to everyone, they were very publicly ridiculing this decision to raise it to a “7.”

The female professor (Vujic, I think) was so furious that Fuku was raised to a 7 that she was literally shaking, you could see it. She pledged, not to fight for better safety methods, but quite passionately, to fight to get the rating lowered.

I think that when reading their results, it is important to keep in mind that this is the culture, that they have passionately expressed a vow to get the 7 rating lowered. I have looked for the clip and had no luck yet, but will post it if I find it.

I try to get my friends and neighbors to stop drinking milk (especially the kids) and they do for a while, but then start up again.

• My kids have adapted well to almond milk and other people I know have started giving it to their kids also.

We purchase the organic form.

I realize that the almonds are probably from CA and therefore will have radiation contamination; however, I’m hoping it is less than the milk.

Costco sells aged chedder cheese that is still pre-Fukushima.

The biggest problems in my household for food are butter (we ran out of stored pre-Fuku)and mozzarella (used on our homemade, beloved pizzas).

Wish we had accurate data on radiation contamination in food.

Personal geiger counters are not reliable for food analysis.

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

It is so very hard to discuss this issue with most people. I do however take advantage of those that do listen & ask questions while at my local coffee shop. I talk louder than I normally do to get others to hear me, & I mainly talk about children & pregnant women & their dangers & how we pay for the technology & staff but they are not sharing data with us. And to imagine a governments & elites willing to protect their own at our expense. It seems talking money gets a bit of attention too. At times I notice more strangers *listening in now.

• StillJill StillJill

I do the same thing Maiden,…when I go out, which is rare. I talk about FUKU to whomever I’m with loudly,…like most talk on their cell phones,…(Hey bimbo,…I’m NOT impressed,…sorry),…you keep talking from the rooftops friends!

• HoTaters HoTaters

I like to get into conversations with people at Costco when I go there to buy the latest 100 pounds of baking soda for home use. People are astonished, and someone usually asks why I’m buying all that baking soda. That opens the door to discuss decontamination. Most of the people I have told have been very open minded and have thanked me for telling them about what’s really going on at Fukushima. Most are also not surprised the media isn’t telling us what’s happening. People seem to be waking up.

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

@NoNukes. Kai Vetter and Jasmina Vujic are professors in UCB’s nuclear engineering department. I’ve dug up some really discrediting information, but can only post a snip:

This Spring, (after Fukushima) UCB Nuclear Engineering and Prof Kai Vetter-the lead for the BRAWM propaganda team- received MILLIONS in funding and an illustrious position from the Dept. of Energy: UCB nuklear PR

That’s how one ‘gets ahead’ in the industry folks. You ‘play ball’ or you get run over.

(5 million $$$ over 5 years and all BRAWM had to do was run defense for the NRC and look the other way)

“The Department of Nuclear Engineering is pleased to announce that a UC Berkeley-led consortium of seven universities has been awarded a multi-year grant ($25 million for a 5-year period) from the U.S. Department of Energy NNSA Office of Proliferation Detection.”

That seems to cover it! If you think this is bad, wait till you say how they debunk Arnie. do a search on the BRAWM site for “gundersen + hot particles.” This might even take you to the cornell Univ site where the ist sentence in an article about HPs & Fuku calls it “a natural disaster,” I kid you not!

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

BRAWM says eat your spinach and drink your wine!

“We are testing spinach, which tends to be high uptake relative to other vegetables. Given the amounts we saw in rain, we will most likely see a comparable amount in spinach. We are starting to test local spinach tomorrow. Results will hopefully be up by Friday or this weekend. I would be surprised if we did not see something.”
        -Dr. Chivers

“By all means, eat your vegetables (and some wine, too).”
        -Dr. Chivers

• NoNukes NoNukes

@dharmasyd, I have thought about going over to campus, hiding behind a bush and then springing up and yelling, “BOO!” as the BRAWN team, especially those two, go by. Asking them to sign a petition for the deformed babies of Japan. Something to just interrupt the banality of evil.

How is the money worth it? Go to Chez Panisse once a year instead of weekly, and many fewer dead babies. Skip the ski pass at Squaw with season rental, and a whole bunch of kids get to live. They must enjoy it.

I lay the future illnesses of my family and friends at their feet. Their words have convinced many, and done much harm.

• dharmasyd dharmasyd

@ NoNukes..Yeah! Sick! I’ve come to believe that these folks are so deluded that they don’t know they are lying. They’ve bought into it. They’ve drunk the cool aid and voluntatily convinced themselves of their delusions.

• HoTaters HoTaters

Meets the definition of a psychopath. Psychopaths often believe their own lies. “We are Fisheads.”

• NoNukes NoNukes

They know exactly the harm they are doing, but don’t want the general public to know, that’s why they were so furious about the level being raised to a 7. Anyone who has spent any time on it knows it is much worse than Chernobyl.

The analogy I think of is the slave owners. They would cause enormous harm to people who were slaves, kill them, rape them, destroy families, and no one blinked an eye, it was like any ordinary day. Sure they had different discourses that helped them to do so, just like these BRAWN ones do, but it is not like they don’t know. “Follow the money” explains part of it.

That is the brilliance of Hannah Arendt, how she highlighted the ordinariness of evil. We expect some monster, but it is the “good father,” “Christian gentleman,” helping his neighbors and raping little girls, destroying entire nations, on the side.

• NoNukes NoNukes

We are allergic to almonds, but I have grown to like alternating between Hazelnut and Hemp milk. Hazelnuts are grown in Oregon, so I ordered Hazelnuts to make my own milk that are from Europe, but they are still in my cupboard. So much time and money spent that Tepco et al. should be covering.

My daughter doesn’t like any of it. Important for us to remember to supplement with calcium, vitamin D, etc.

Just noticed organic butter and eggs from New Zealand at our local Andronico’s grocery (not even a health food store), the prices are double, wonder why there’s a market for that, hmmm? Did I buy it? You bet I did. Want me to mail you some, majia? I would be happy to.

• Thanks No Nukes for the sweet offer.

I think I’ll check into Whole Foods here and I bet I can mail order (I even have friends in New Zealand who could ship!).

I normally don’t shop at Whole Foods but I understand they have the best selection of organics.

I’m wondering if its safe to eat the oranges from our tree (here in AZ).

They would have been doused in our radioactive rain, but then everything growing in CA’s valleys would have also.

I gather from the Chernobyl apple pectin research that even if a food is somewhat contaminated, it may still have net positives for eliminating radiation or for helping our bodies cope with it.

Is that correct?

• StillJill StillJill

Yes Majia,…that is so much correct! I’m trying to find the article I just read on apple pectin,…someone here may be able to help,…as it was here. It said that apple pectin doesn’t get digested,…it rather soaks up ‘nasties’, and the whole glob gets a ‘free ride’ out. (Of course, the article stated IT a bit better, Yes?) But everyone knows WHAT I MEAN! :-)

• ShineTheLight

What is the consensus in grains at this point. Is current stock in stores still considered pre-Fuk? I am realizing at some point breads, pasta and cereals need to be greatly reduced if not abandoned. Thanks.

• pacific

I don’t know about the timing of 2011 harvests hitting the shelves, but

Here’s my understanding about grains: They’re the bottom of the food chain, much better than eating dairy/meat/fish that have bioaccumulated radiation. (Obvious caveat: wouldn’t want to eat grains from Japan without v careful sourcing.)

The other thing I’ve read about grains is that the radionuclide most prevalent in wheat, at least, is strontium, and that there’s more strontium in whole wheat than white.

But overall, seems like your energies might be better spent elsewhere than avoiding all grain products.

• VanneV anne

Better to avoid grains with gluten. Millet is alkaline, has B17, is eaten widely by the Hunzas who live to 120 years old. Also whole cultures for thousands of years who rely on millet as the staple grain have no cancer.

• jec jec

Thousands of years without a nuclear plant and fallout as well..

• HoTaters HoTaters

Most wheat in the West now contains bromine compounds. The iodine was removed around the 1950′s or 1970′s (?) and bromine was substituted. Bromine competes with other (healthy) minerals in the body. My M.D.’s have all (3 of them) told me not to eat any wheat for that reason. Some East Indian grocers carry non-bromated naan breads (flat breads).

Bromine is HIGHLY toxic. Methyl bromide is the most toxic pesticide on the planet, for example. It is used in my area to treat the wine grapes. Tourists were getting sick from the spraying, so now it’s done at night. Nice, huh? I learned that when I moved here, about a year ago. (I’m not far from Napa, CA, which USED TO BE a really nice, low-key place.)

The compound used in wheat flour is potassium bromide, as explained here:

• Bobby1

For American products, I am down to certain brands of rye bread and corn chips. Some of the rye bread produced locally now has iodine. A couple of brands of tortillas have had cesium. I mainly eat Indian basmati rice and Italian polenta. Imported tortillas are available, but expensive.

• Tanuki San

If you don’t mind my asking (and if you’re still around) how did you find out that these American products are contaminated? Did you find out what the level of contamination was?

• HoTaters HoTaters

90% – 95% of all corn is now genetically modified, even organic corn. But we have to eat something, right? Am consuming some soy myself, which is almost all GM, too.

• NoPrevarication NoPrevarication

@Ho Taters

“But we have to eat something, right?”

When my children were growing up, I used only natural food. I studied nutrition and never used mixes or prepared foods. I used fresh ingredients and cooked everything from scratch, even bread.

But, no matter what we do today, we will be harming ourselves with the foods we eat. Genetically modified foods cannot be avoided. Corn is in virtually everything we eat, one way or another.

Fresh, leafy vegetables (even home grown) are dangerous. Milk is dangerous, bread is dangerous. We must face the reality that our food supply has been contaminated and will eventually lead us, and our children, to a very painful, long drawn out, death. I see no possible way to avoid this.

Are there any agricultural experts reading this who can think of things we can do now to secure a safer food supply?

• CB CB

The Go Getters in the FDA fines Red Cross nearly $9.6 million for blood safety lapses.
    “They describe a blood collection system plagued with poorly trained staff and inadequate record-keeping where donated blood was mishandled”
    Nothing said yet of our contaminated food however.

• billyedtimmy

“..effective dose equivalent for only 12 minutes on an airplane flight or 3.7 hours of the average person’s background exposure from natural sources of radiation.”

WHEN OH WHEN will the media start recognizing the different between EXTERNAL exposure vs. INTERNAL exposure?!?!?!?!!?

• trinityfly trinityfly

Apparently I may not have given the correct information. I belong to “http://radiationnetwork.com/”. I abbreviated the link. As far as I know the readings that are on “Radiationnetwork.com” are valid. We are linked up by computer and give real time readings from all over the world. I doubted what I saw when I first discovered this site till I finally purchased an “Inspector+” counter. With this purchase I also bought the software to link up to the network. It gives me piece of mind being that my government is not reporting anything. I have also kept my passport current in order to bug out if needed to Argentina. Currently my friends and I are planning on eventually moving there to escape the future.

• StillJill StillJill

All good steps trinityfly! Sounds like you and your friends are quite savvy. Wow, is that encouraging! You must have good diets, and not eat too much ‘zombie food’! Way to go!

You kids are our hope, our future, Yes? :-)

• MaidenHeaven MaidenHeaven

Thanks for clarifying trinityfly. http://radiationnetwork.com/ is a much different & better site than the one I thought you meant. Thank you for adding to the much needed data. Please keep yourself & friends safe. I cannot imagine how you can possibly avoid breathing oringesting radiation in B.C.

• LetThemEatYellowCake LetThemEatYellowCake

Thanks for doing that too! I look at that site often and I also know it costs money for the software etc to belong and contribute – so thanks for sharing!:)

• Net

Hi trinityfly, Unfortunately, there is no escaping the chance of radiation. Argentina may be better right now, but they too have nuclear power and the potential of a meltdown could happen there. Maybe their plants are in better shape than the US and Japan’s. They have a new one scheduled for completion in 2012.
      http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf96.html There is also the radiation from ozone loss.

The Argentine Republic is one of the very few countries whose southern territories come,each spring under the direct influence of the Antarctic Ozone Hole. Furthermore its northwestern
      territories, at the edge of the Andes Altiplano, register some of the highest levels of UV radiation in the world. Thus ozone and UV monitoring as well as scientific research in the field are very relevant to its society, despite budget limitations. In recent years the developing evidence demonstrating the existence of ozone-climate interactions has become a growing concern.

• HoTaters HoTaters

We are thinking of going to Uruguay, but it is apparently downwind (or could be) from the Brazilian or Argentinian nuke plants.

• trinityfly trinityfly

LOL! All of our informed friends are on the program. Lots of Spirulina, Chlorella, Zeolite…etc. And the occasional ice cream….

• chronic chronic

Hi All,

From Seattle. Knew that we were going to get dusted, with the coming of radioactive snow, when my CO2 detector went haywire at 2am. CO2 detectors are an ion-measuring device, and it got blasted. We had to unplug it because it is “malfunctioning”.

The daughter wakes up in the morning with a huge bloody nose. Uncontrollable. Can’t even look or help because I would say something. My wife doesn’t believe any of this.

After a huge fight, I went for a walk and got caught out in the snow. So hot I could barely see. Umbrella barely helped. Felt fried afterwards.

More’s coming. Probably need to take some bentonite tonight.

Snow’s bad, but spring will bring the apocalypse, when the radioactive pollen starts flying.

• chronic chronic

You guys would love the screenplay I am working on.

Fukushima and Me – A Radioactive Comedy.

Think the early loser comedies of Woody Allen – mixed with the ennui of Charlie Kaufman.

A neurotic writer ( imagine the Seattle passive/aggressive type ) has been calling for Doomsday for so many decades now, so that when it finally arrives on the doorstep, even he has his doubts.

Doom comes in the form of a Japanese nuclear engineer.

• HoTaters HoTaters

Please try to work in something along the lines of “Bananas!” You know, the part where the new dictator announces, “from now on, everyone will wear his underwear …. on the OUTSIDE!”

In nuke-speak, of course. Like it’s coming from our Fearless Leaders.

• NoNukes NoNukes

chronic, I am a fan already, where do I buy a tickets? Can you sneak in a UCB nuclear engineer somewhere, too? It would help me sleep at night.

I’m so sorry about your daughter’s bloody nose, and your lovely walk, and your wife’s disbelief. My husband’s first reaction was, “Well, I die here then,” which just seemed crazy since he’s from 3,000 miles away (we really like it here in the SF Bay).

Show her some of nuckelchen’s videos, the one he posted today from October could be helpful

“nuckelchen
    January 16, 2012 at 10:48 am · Reply
    @ jec:
    the last ten days of october was the last high-peaked time before the new shit since newyears-eve grows out.

2011-10-22,
    four layering to help the viewer to understund what he see:”

Also fukushima diary has some postings about bloody noses, and compelling images. I find the visuals are most persuasive.

I have my daughter taking apple pectin, calcium, magnesium, vit d, spirulina, etc. Please keep us posted.

• HoTaters HoTaters

No Nukes, I’m in the Bay Area too. Am following basically the same protocol plus taking detox baths, house cleaning calls for Borax and baking soda. It helps, it really does. Less fatigue and other radiation poisoning symptoms when we do this. I’m getting burns on my hands when I get into contact with rain water, so that’s something we’ll all need to watch out for. Ichi at YouTube did a video discussing this a couple of months ago, and she was right on the money!

• Net

HI HoTaters: I live in the bay area also. I wash all our clothes with Borax. I have a supply of apple pectin, but need to start using it! I guess I can add it to my son’s apple sauce. It doesn’t seem to mix well in liquids. I don’t mind the texture but my son does. I don’t think anyone here(in the Bay Area) knows or cares about the radiation. My husband thinks I am overreacting. :( He insists on drinking milk, and gives it to my son. I stopped buying organic because that would have more cesium and iodine than regular milk. I have some pre-fuku powered milk I need to try. Do you have a radiation detector/geiger counter?

• NoNukes NoNukes

@Net, have you seen the Bay Area contingent on the Radiation Monitoring thread? Since Westcoastgirl (Marin) is the only one with a geiger counter, we should probably be over on the Anomalies thread, yet since we are “monitoring radiation” with our bodies, we starting talking about things there. Thanks for your information about ozone and Argentina, that is yet another issue that I haven’t been thinking about.

@HoTaters, I have been thinking about Uruguay, too. It seems to have a lot going for it, especially its immigration policy. Disappointing about the NPPs in Argentina and Brazil, but still nowhere near the amount in the U.S. I just googled “Uruguay ozone” and saw this http://www.nytimes.com/1992/03/27/world/ozone-depletion-threatening-latin-sun-worshipers.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Thanks for the reminder about baking soda and Borax!

• sophiesChoice

Where are you getting apple pectin and how are you getting your kids to take the spirulina (I’ve tried with honey and in a smoothie but she wan’t take it)?

• ruth

For TrinityFly.
    Before bugging out to Argentina check out http://ferfal.blogspot.com/ The blogger runs a site named Surviving in Argentina. He has tons of survival information, has published a book titled Surviving in Argentina, and just two weeks ago managed to escape Argentina with his family. He is now in Ireland. He tried for years to get into the US. He has some compelling reasons why Argentina is not a country to run to but away from.

• trinityfly trinityfly

Thanks Ruth for the link about Argentina. Much appreciated. I do know that really anywhere we go will not be perfect. I do feel almost anywhere is probably better then here on the west coast of Canada. Our own government REFUSES to test fish or our water. What does that tell you?? So which leads me to look elsewhere. We discovered some great web sites that help you get easy free info on places down south (escapeartist.com and Internationalliving.com). I know these are only an intro. So we sit and monitor and plan. Oh, for Chronic, you might consider buying some powder Zeolite. Thanks everyone for the sharing of information.

• NoNukes NoNukes

trinityfly, I have been looking at Uruguay, because their immigration policy is more welcoming to people like my parents. Also has a little more progressive, less fascist past, though everyone seems to agree that Buenos Aires trumps Montevideo in every category. Would be interested to hear what you have discovered about immigration. Great to hear that your community is more aware than in the U.S., I bet it has something to do with the superior educational Canadian educational system.

• Auntie Nuke

They compare the radiation level of drinking milk w/background radiation or riding in an airplane. BUT — drinking milk leads to internal radiation exposure, while the others are external exposure. Like comparing apples and neutron bombs.

• striker578

Milk can be decontaminated using ZEOLITE which captures the radiation by filtering it though it. It will capture all radiation and then compressing into bricks & the Radiation CANNOT escape!. The radiation will then be TRAPPED. Just filter the milk through it and Remove the radiation & the milk will be SAFE for human use with NO Contamination.This has been known for years so why not filter the Milk unless they Want to kill off a few billion people. Research this yourself & learn the Truth!!