Dr. Helen Caldicott interviews Arnold Gundersen
If You Love This Planet Radio
May 8, 2012
Dr. Helen Caldicott: So what you’re really saying Arnie Gundersen is that the ocean will continue to be contaminated, kind of for the rest of time. Because there’s no foreseeable way to prevent water leaking out of containment vessels continuously into the ocean… We’re talking about continual contamination of the Pacific Ocean.
Arnie Gundersen: You’re right.
Download the broadcast here
Published: May 20th, 2012 at 2:50 pm ET
- Fukushima plant “to keep contaminating the Pacific Ocean for the rest of time” if fuel can’t be removed — No good solution, must constantly pump out water from under buildings (VIDEO) September 3, 2012
- Caldicott: Fukushima to be pouring radioactive water into Pacific “probably for the rest of time… forever more” — “There’s simply nothing anyone can do about it” — “Nuclear industry is covering it up because they know if truth comes out it will be end of nuclear power” (AUDIO) March 24, 2014
- Expert to discuss radioactive material being emptied into ocean from Fukushima Daiichi -Caldicott (AUDIO) January 16, 2013
- Gundersen: Image shows radioactive “thermal flare” was coming from Fukushima Reactor 3 — “Exactly where the containment should be” (VIDEO) March 25, 2013
- TV: All-time high radiation level in well at Fukushima plant 40 meters from Pacific — 1.1 billion Bq/m³ of strontium-90, other beta emitters — “Feared highly contaminated water leaking into ground” and being allowed to flow into sea (VIDEO) December 3, 2013