Title: Without medical diagnosis, Utah sailor lives in limbo
Source: Deseret News (Utah)
Author: Jed Boal,
Published: Aug. 14 2013
[...] Over the last 21 months, [Lt. j.g. Steve Simmons, who served on board the USS Ronald Reagan with the U.S. Navy during Fukushima crisis] said his health has melted down, too, and he’s not alone. [...]
He believes he’s suffering from radioactive contamination [...]
After November 2011, Simmons said he went from being a fitness buff always up for a challenging hike to a shaking and withering patient who cannot walk on his own. He’s lost 25 pounds, down to 128 pounds, and lost 25 percent to 30 percent of his muscle mass.
“The muscle weakness has progressed to the point where he needs 24-hour care,” his wife said.
[...] doctors won’t provide a diagnosis, he said. [...]
Simmons is not part of the lawsuit [150 former sailors and Marines suing Tepco].
He’s especially concerned about the younger sailors and Marines. “Their lives are at stake as well,” he said. [...]
UPDATE: TV: Many U.S. sailors are suffering serious symptoms of radiation sickness after being contaminated during Fukushima nuclear disaster -- USS Ronald Reagan was as close as a mile away as reactors melted down (VIDEO)
Published: August 15th, 2013 at 1:20 am ET
- TV: Navy officer now confined to wheelchair after Fukushima radiation exposure — Doctors can’t explain “puzzling” ailments, leg muscles just gave up — Wife was in shock: “We don’t know how much time we have left together” (VIDEO) January 12, 2014
- Nun sentenced to years in prison for nuclear site sabotage — Sister Rice pleads with judge to give her life behind bars, “Greatest honor you could give me” — Yale scholar mentions her along with Gandhi, MLK — TV: Highly unusual hearing, judge repeatedly says how much sway they have to affect change February 19, 2014
- Gov’t Experts: Hordes of jellyfish 10 blocks long off west coast of Seattle; So dense it’s like you can just walk on them… Disturbing when all you pull up are huge masses of jellyfish — NPR: They seem to be replacing fish in food chain — Herring disappear, mysterious spike in salmon deaths (PHOTOS) May 14, 2015
- Official mentions possibility of “another major opening” related to Louisiana sinkhole — Wants monitoring system to give people warning (VIDEO) November 15, 2012
- Sickened Navy crew members have lawsuit dismissed — TV: “Sailors say they have cancer”… of thyroid, gallbladder, testicles — Unremitting headaches, rectal bleeding, tumors, bodies deteriorating (VIDEO) December 18, 2013