Safecast Draws on Power of the Crowd to Map Japan’s Radiation, PBS Newshour, Nov. 10, 2011:
Transcript Excerpt at 8:30 in
- MILES O’BRIEN: But down the road, at the exclusion zone checkpoint, the police officers ordered to be here are hoping for the best. You don’t worry?
- POLICE OFFICER (through translator): They have told us there that we’re OK, so we just need to trust them.
- MILES O’BRIEN: Do you trust them?
- POLICE OFFICER (through translator): That is what our bosses say, so we need to trust our bosses, yes.
h/t Anonymous tips
Published: November 11th, 2011 at 12:18 am ET
- Japan Today: Police especially needed in Fukushima evacuation zone — 750 officers will be assigned to disaster area — Gov’t asking for ‘volunteers’ who are single January 23, 2012
- *Watch* Protest still going strong as riot police go on offensive at restarted Japan nuke plant — May have forced Ooi workers to arrive via ocean and officers to climb up mountain after road blocked (PHOTOS & VIDEOS) July 1, 2012
- CBS San Francisco: “Widespread distrust” of scientists over Fukushima — Official: “People are worried, people want to know what’s going on” — UC Berkeley professor admits much of his funding is from gov’t: If you don’t trust us, who is it you want to trust? Says man-made cesium-137 is “natural background radiation” (VIDEO) February 1, 2014
- Japan TV: Gov’t officials discover nuclear material flowing into ground at Fukushima; Releases thought to be ongoing for months — Expert: “No end” to problems with radioactive waste at plant; Public does not trust what they are being told (VIDEO) June 6, 2014
- NPR Affiliate: Fukushima cesium detected in Alaska salmon sample — Radioactive plume has already reached West Coast — Concerned fishermen forced to pay for tests since officials not doing it — “People don’t trust gov’t… they don’t trust corporations” (AUDIO) January 16, 2014