Associated Press, Feb. 27, 2013: Unexploded First World War shell found near Belgium nuclear power plant [...] Electrabel spokeswoman Anne-Sophie Huge said the shell was found during drainage work [...] She said about 20 staff members in the office building were evacuated until a bomb squad removed the shell. [...] The spokeswoman could not say how close the shell was to the Tihange reactors’ secured area [...]
Power Engineering International: Belgian nuclear power plant closed after bomb find [...] The Tihange nuclear power plant in Belgium was partially closed on Wednesday after a World War 1 shell was found in its grounds. Electrabel staff were evacuated and the bomb was safely removed by military experts. [...]
Voice of Russia: On Wednesday unexploded ordnance from the Second World War was found during digging being carried out at the Tihange Nuclear Power Plant [...] all staff were immediately evacuated and army sappers were called in who then removed the ordnance and destroyed it.
See also: FOX: Nuclear reactor halted on "suspicion of cracks"; "We have found anomalies," says Belgium official -- AFP: Possible cracks in reactor vessel?
Published: March 3rd, 2013 at 11:41 am ET
- “BREAKING: Belgian nuclear power plants evacuated” after terror attacks — Multiple reactor sites cleared “amid heightened fears of another attack” — Military and armed police on scene — Capitol on lockdown after dozens killed — “Dismembered bodies everywhere… It’s like the apocalypse” (VIDEO) March 22, 2016
- FOX: Nuclear reactor halted on “suspicion of cracks”; “We have found anomalies,” says Belgium official — AFP: Possible cracks in reactor vessel? August 8, 2012
- Top Nuclear Official: Atomic bomb may be used to blow up large asteroid (VIDEO) March 13, 2013
- High Potential for Danger: Barrels of nuclear waste found by journalists — 60 trillion becquerels of radioactivity dumped (PHOTO) April 12, 2013
- Photo: Smoke coming from nuclear plant — Reactor shut down — “Smouldering lagging on a turbine” May 3, 2013