Published: August 23rd, 2012 at 3:30 pm ET

Atomic Age Symposium II: Fukushima, May 5, 2012 – Session II
Published: August 22, 2012
Published by: University of Chicago

At 1:44:15 in

Jeffrey Patterson, MD, Physicians for Social Responsibility board member: Chernobyl today is still a mess [...] The levels of cesium in the soil have stayed the same, and in some areas gotten higher. We don’t know why — what’s happening.

Published: August 23rd, 2012 at 3:30 pm ET

1. Official: Calls to my office ‘going crazy’ about tremors in areas far away from giant sinkhole — Resident: “A lot of big quakes everywhere, like big ones” — USGS says it’s not happening (VIDEO) November 14, 2012
  2. Mother Tells Official: “Lick that soil! Please lick it! Children lick the soil — Please take the soil in your hand and lick it” after being told it doesn’t need to be removed from Fukushima school (VIDEO) October 3, 2012
  3. Tokyo Bay cesium even higher than levels reported off Fukushima — Nearly entire sea floor contaminated by 2014 (VIDEO) November 4, 2012
  4. Doctor for Fukushima workers: When going into danger areas they don’t use radiation meters — It’s hiding amount of exposure — “Real radiation count is much higher, that’s a fact” (VIDEO) August 19, 2011
  5. Photographer: You can’t fix what’s happening in Fukushima — Silence was something that I’ve only ever heard at Chernobyl (VIDEO) October 14, 2012

36 comments to Physician: We don’t know what’s happening — Cesium levels in soil not going down after Chernobyl, some areas have gotten even higher (VIDEO)

• Flapdoodle Flapdoodle

Uh, well… Cesium levels will be going up all over the World.

• weeman

That's because it is still leaking and can not be stopped, it does not take a brain surgeon to figure that out and will be for the unforeseen future.
    Why do we exist because we are protected from solar radiation or we would not be here.
    Nothing can survive in elevated radiation, first requirement of life.
    Now you get the picture hopefully.
    We are screwing with our existance and all life, to survive we need to rid ourselfs of all fission.
    Let me show you the light, become aware do not criticize what you don't know or follow, we need help how can I enlighten you, please take note, time is precious.
    At your service and always will be. Peace and tranquility to all and one.

• TheBigPicture TheBigPicture

The world didn't want nuclear reactors. A few men forced it on us. So lets outlaw it. Now.

• American Phoenix57

I'm a newbie on Enenews, I hope this is helpful, I have a friend who designed a product to help his daughter after she was exposed to major radiation from Fukushima. He is making it by available to those who truly understand the situation first. I think it's only available in the U.S. for now.

detoxicproductsdotcom

Good Luck, God Bless and Godspeed, Ap57

• Atomfritz Atomfritz

Shove your pills up your ass, quackspammer.

• Insight

ATOMFRITZ..
        Your emotions are evident. While your concern may carry a measure of blessing,(as an attempt to protect people from anything that would hurt them instead of help them)ahhh… however listening to your choice of words… that would make you a bad mannered knight wouldn't it. I prefer knights to have a stronger, more pure, and less offensive dialog. Each person must disern by research and analysis what is "healing" and helpful from what is not, before presenting opinion to humanity at large.
        Now… more than any point in the history of mankind, people need to find the deeper truths. The natural man does not discover the things of greater understanding without the supreme effort of research.
        To know the real truth of our existance today … do not be foolish. Truth is sweeter than honey. Do not discard what may save you without finding out all of the elements of knowledge it sprang from before it presented itself to you.
        Keep your sword by your side but don't brandish it in front of the innocent unless you know for a fact they intend harm and are not innocent.

• Sickputer

Insight sez: "Each person must discern by research and analysis what is "healing" and helpful from what is not"

SP: Yes we can.

Who is their sidekick in Canada?

Anytime you find a new website that does not have an About Me link then you better run quickly the opposite direction.

Whois:

Domain Name: DETOXICPRODUCTS.COM

Registrant:
          PrivacyProtect.org
          Domain Admin

ID#10760, PO Box 16
          Note – All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
          Nobby Beach
          null,QLD 4218
          AU
          Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 20-Feb-2012
          Expiration Date: 20-Feb-2013

Domain servers in listed order:
          ns1.strawberry.arvixe.com

Note – All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
          Nobby Beach
          null,QLD 4218
          AU
          Tel. +45.36946676

• Insight

Sickputer has a sharp sword and a keen eye.
            Thanks for the info but what do we know about the product?
            I have not researched it yet. I have no opinion of it.
            Sometimes products are blocked online and made to appear suspicious to prevent competition.
            Companies pay for position in search engines… a lot of money… what if they were allowed to pay for the discredit of a competitor to prevent them from gaining a following? I do not trust the internet anymore. Everything we say and attempt to do online is subject to review and exclusion.
            Soon the internet, as we think it is now, will be a fond memory.

• Sickputer

Insight sez: "Thanks for the info but what do we know about the product?"

SP: Not much other than it is 4 oz (119 grams Canadian vendor) and looks like a white powder in a bottle (no capsules).

The Products page lists about twelve common supplements many of us already use from reputable health food stores. No mention of amounts for each element and the drug instructions are as ridiculous as it gets: brush your teeth with it OR eat it OR drink it with a beverage. Probably two dollars of supplements sold for $35.

As I like to say: "I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night".

• TBOA

There really is no need to resort to crude remarks like this. It only taints the entire site and causes distraction. I understand how emotions run high due to the seriousness of the situation. Is not our goal here intrinsically worthwhile? Personally, I place a very high value on this site… and I don't always have time to read through an entire story. So, I learn a lot from the comments … when the comments are on-topic. Let's not "go nuclear" in our social interactions. This site is TOO important. We don't want to risk driving away visitors or commentors who may ask a silly question or who even ignorantly cross a line… do we? The problem is not going away anytime soon. Many people will trace their awareness to the horrible situation at Fukushima directly to this site. Let's not chase people away through crude language, personal attacks, insults. Come on! This is life or death for the world. We cannot fight chaos with more chaos! Let's raise the bar… Please! Please! Please! Let's stay focused on attracting visitors… not repelling them!

• VanneV anne

AmerPhoenix, I apologize for StomFritz. He is a newbie also and doesn't realize that unkindness is not tolerated on this website.

• VanneV anne

I hope his daughter will be all right.

• VanneV anne

I couldn't actually find a website that you were referring to.

• Atomfritz Atomfritz

Just replace the "dot" in the address with a ".".
        Spammers like to avoid dots in links to circumvent spam filters.

• arclight arclight

hi atom
          check yer local water quality recently?? :) lead PB is a bit rich in europe this year i see..! hmmm! i feel like a roman.. all that lead!!

• arclight arclight

block it with dark choclate.. high in zinc, blocks the lead..

had no headaches during recent contamnation episodes using that rescue remedy.. back to a world with no headaches.. of course the nuke plants could stop spewing their filth and i could give up choclate.. maybe.. suppose their will be alot of lead for some time, bioaccumulating its way into our blood streams.. oh! the HORROR!

peace
            gnight

• Insight

HAhaha… really like dark choclate, glad to hear it is as good as it tastes!

Ever heard of "Mad as a Hatter"?

"Mad as a hatter" is a colloquial phrase used in conversation to refer to a crazy person. In 18th and 19th century England mercury was used in the production of felt, which was used in the manufacturing of hats common of the time. People who worked in these hat factories were exposed daily to trace amounts of the metal, which accumulated within their bodies over time, causing some workers to develop dementia caused by mercury poisoning. Thus the phrase "Mad as a Hatter" became popular as a way to refer to someone who was perceived as insane.:):(:)!!!!

• American Phoenix57

Atomfritz, I'm sorry if I cause any confusion, I was only trying to help. My friends daughter developed several symptoms months later including swollen lymph nodes in her neck, armpits and groin, extreme fatigue, weight loss, etc. He put her on the product and they went away within a month. She's fine for now and still in college. He will be adding this information to the site based on your observation. Thanks for that and again I apologize for poor posting.

• Sickputer

AL57: I would like to buy 500,000 of your 4 oz. $34.95 bottles. Please send them immediately from Nobby Beach, Gold Coast Australia and I'll pay shipping. I just got an inheritance from a long lost dead Nigerian king so I will sign that checque over to you. Or maybe you would prefer title to a nice bridge I own in Brooklyn.

Cheers! ;-)

SP. (sometimes I go by Craig Shergold)

• Insight

Wait a minute! I have a certified document in a drawer on the left hand side of my dresser that claims I inherited that money
        from that enormously wealthy and stealthy Nigerian King!
        I ran over to the bank to wire you money as soon as I read this. As I pulled into the bank parking lot, 4 m..lims grabbed me and forced me into their car demanding my money, my pin number and credit cards. I started screaming and slamming my fists at the assailants. Luckily a cop saw what was happeniing and came to my rescue. I am now being sued for battery and will need all my money for a lawyer. Two of the m..lims are demanding that I be stoned to death, 2 are wanting to off my head. It is a split decision to be worked out in court. Since Obama is allowing Sharia law to take precidence over the constitution, I guess they can have my head mounted over the fireplace.
        Good luck with your situation. Does the US still have an embassy in Nigeria?…. I think I heard all Americans were told to leave, except Christians that are invited to stay for the massacre.

• Sickputer

Be glad that they didn't get after you with a golden sword. Three whacks and you won't be wearing any neckties soon.

Kidding aside…In 1978 Houston I sold a few dozen gold watches to one of the princes of Saudi Arabia (and his entourage) and I told him I was sorry that King Faisal had been murdered by one of their own princes (seems like there is about five thousand).

I had always been told (from newspapers) that the public executions were with a golden sword and that they did three strokes…one through the flesh, second through the bone, and the third decapitated the person.

But this 9175 newspaper article about King Faisal's murderer said it was just one whack:

One thing about the Arab justice system, they only took about 2 months from the murder to execute the convicted prince. I personally feel that life in prison for a murderer is an appropriate (and cheaper) punishment. But I might change my mind for certain genocidists.

Ontopic: Yes, they may be amazed that the first half-life for Cesium-137 seems to have expired in Belarus and it doesn't seem to be much lessened in danger. But they shouldn't be surprised…monitoring posts inside Japan never recorded the large quantities of radioactivity that blew out over the Pacific Ocean, and eventually reached North America and Europe. They also probably never got the levels right in 1986.

• AGreenRoad AGreenRoad

We will buy all the stock you have… We just printed up a couple of million dollar bills in the basement, and will send it over post haste.

We figure since the Federal Reserve, a private corporation, can print up TRILLIONS in fake fiat money, created out of thin air, so can we…

ALEC Exposed; How Corporations Buy, Corrupt, And Control The Federal And State Governments; via A Green Road http://agreenroad.blogspot.com/2012/04/alec-exposed-how-corporations-buy.html

The Psychopathy Of Corporations; "I Am Fishhead"; via A Green Road http://agreenroad.blogspot.com/2012/04/psychopathy-of-corporations.html

• Time Is Short Time Is Short

It's called 'bio-accumulation', moron.

• arclight arclight

Symposium 2012
    Atomic Age II: Fukushima
    日本語の情報はこちらからどうぞ | にほんごの じょうほうは こちらからどうぞ

The Atomic Age: Fukushima
    took place on May 5, 2012 in Social Science 122, the University of Chicago.

We are sincerely grateful to all who came to attend the symposium.

For information on Atomic Age Symposium 2011, click here.

• arclight arclight

the corporations of the world think its ok for the environment to have a "little something extra"

NRDC, EWG Sue to Protect Millions of Californians from Contaminated Drinking Water

and this little article too

Fish found to have record radiation levels, near coast of Fukushima

"…The previous record of radioactive contamination in fish was 18,700
    becquerels per kilogram detected in cherry salmon caught in March,
    according to the Fisheries Agency.Wakao Hanaoka, a Greenpeace Japan
    official, said the government now needs to carry out a full
    investigation of radioactive contamination in a wide range of sea
    areas off Fukushima, which has not been done yet.
    The organisation’s surveys show higher levels of radioactive
    contamination were found in fish and seaweed sampled in areas further
    from the Fukushima plant…."

• Lacsap Lacsap

A half life is based on a average time (lab results) a isotope lives and so the half life could be more or less. A half life means ones the half time has reached that on average 50% of the isoptope remains and the other 50% decay's into another isotope. So it is possible that in this case the Cesium remains after one half life for lets say 80% and not just 50%.

• Lacsap Lacsap

Half life = half truth. The nuclear industry is based on lies otherwise it had never been granted.

• Half-life is a misleading technical term.

The word Half-life would suggest that the hazardous material is only half as hazardous. This would NOT be true.

What Half-life really means is the DECAY RATE. A much better description. One I wish we could all start using.

Here's the calculation: (approximately)

DECAY RATE (half-life) x 10 = HAZARDOUS TO LIFE (time frame)

The "Hazardous To Life" number is the important one and it's not misleading.

Note: The people from Beyond Nuclear suggest the x10 factor is actually closer to x20. I guess maybe we'll find out in about 600 years who's closer on that one.

Example: Cesium-137
      Decay Rate = 30 years

30 yrs x 10 = 300 YEARS (or longer)
      [[ Hazardous To Life!!! ]]

• haizedustrium-1234 haizedustrium-1234

I couldn’t agree more. Try to triangulate the GPRS coordinates of a scuba diver 40m under the sea coming up twice or run down a mountain twice as fast as you can in the same footprints. The uniqueness is overwhelming. This places doubts behind all units
    of measuring radioactive materials of mass collection – sad to say. Everyone thinks the catfish in his pond is the biggest
    Not a 30yr disaster but 300yr disaster.

• Jebus

I'll have my Wagyu steak rare please.
    But sir, we no longer have rare steaks.
    Well, why not?
    Because we can't get'em here fast enough to be rare…

U.S. Resumes Beef Imports From Japan [Aug 24, 2012]
    Two-Year Ban on Japanese Beef Lifted

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has given its stamp of approval for Japanese beef to re-enter the United States. Beef exports from Japan to the U.S. were halted after a two year period where Japan was managing a foot-and-mouth disease outbreak that occurred in April 2010.

• RichardPerry

The soil is becoming more radioactive because the plants are still spewing radioactive material for maybe 10 years , it is washing off roofs and from high land areas to lower areas, the burning of radioactive material will go on for 2 years, radioactive ground water maybe rising near surface, radioactive mist off the ocean like it is happening in California, years from now radiation from the polar ice cap (Chernobyl, TMI, bomb tests and Fukushima), air born radiation is being concentrated in all life including insects and small creatures and then through death some are deposited on or in the ground.