Title: Untold History/Fukushima
Source: Coast to Coast AM
Date: Oct. 27, 2013
At 1:34:15 in
Dr. Helen Caldicott, MD, pediatrician who taught at Harvard Medical School: There is no way to fix this situation. It’s going to be ongoing, as I’ve just described, for the next 50 years. What people need to know in North America is that air masses of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres do not mix at the equator, so you will get all the fallout. My family’s in Boston — my young grandchildren – and if there is a major release of radiation, I’m going to fly them to Australia. […] The high radiation doses, the plume of radiation traveling across the Pacific as I speak, is likely to hit the west coast of Canada, and Oregon and Washington early next year. And then California will be impacted later in the year by this huge plume of radiation. But what I want to stress is, people don’t know how to stop this. [...] This a global public health ongoing catastrophe and no one is attending to it.
George Knapp, host: Wow. […]
Caldicott: You can’t imagine a more deleterious situation in human terms, it’s kind of like a science fiction story, but the scary thing is its ongoing and the Japanese government is lying about it.
Published: October 29th, 2013 at 11:51 am ET
- Scientific Conference: Fukushima a global threat to human health — Radioactivity in food web off Pacific Northwest to “significantly increase” after one year — Salmon forecast to exceed Japan radiation limit — “Major concern for public health of coastal communities” (POSTER) December 31, 2014
- Report: The people of Japan are responsible for poisoning of world’s food chain due to Fukushima catastrophe — They have to stand up and take action — “The buck has to stop somewhere” (VIDEO) August 11, 2013
- Japanese Diplomat: We are facing global catastrophe over next 40-100 years because of Fukushima nuclear disaster (VIDEO) June 6, 2013
- TV: Fukushima nuclear waste increasing off West Coast each year since 2012 — Fish tested “fairly high for radiation” — It’s around for next century, even if reactors stop gushing into ocean now — “A danger to people living here?… Are officials purposefully holding back info?” (VIDEO) October 25, 2014
- Professors: Fukushima has emerged as global threat — Major health concerns along west coast — Bioaccumulation expected to keep rising for decades — Gov’t failing to inform public of looming long-term radioactive hazard… Instead, official gives tips on how to disguise radiation levels from public (PHOTO) October 8, 2014