City Channel 4, Published Jan. 21, 2014 (at 35:45):
Audience Question: I recently received a YouTube depicting radioactive contamination across the Pacific near to the U.S. West Coast as a result of the Fukushima reactor. No other news source appears to have acknowledged this scenario least of all the mainstream media. Is that fact or fiction.
Dr. Maureen McCue, founding member, faculty, and former director of the University of Iowa Global Health Studies Program and adjunct clinical professor in the Colleges of Public Health: I think it’s it fact that the mainstream media has not covered the phenomenon. I think we also experience regulatory capture in this country. I don’t know and I don’t think any of us know how much of the contamination is approaching the West Coast. It makes sense, when you look at ocean currents and wind streams, and the movement of marine life, that it will eventually reach the West Coast. In what concentrations, what amounts, nobody actually knows. It’s predicted that in fact it may concentrate as much on the West Coast as anywhere in Fukushima as it keeps coming wave after wave.
- Professor: New studies show radioactive materials being carried across Pacific relatively intact from Fukushima -- On West Coast we need to monitor these pockets of high contamination -- Parts of areas may be affected in a significant way (AUDIO)
- Study: North America's West Coast to be most contaminated by Fukushima cesium of all regions in Pacific in 10 years -- "An order-of-magnitude higher" than waters off Japan (MAPS)
See also: Newspaper ignores scientific models that show Fukushima radiation impacting West Coast — Fails to inform readers by only reporting on discredited tsunami wave-height map — “What illness of the mind must people have to lie about the threat?” (FORECAST MODELS)
Published: January 29th, 2014 at 2:35 pm ET
- Experts: Areas along West Coast “may be… affected in a significant way” by Fukushima plume in coming months — Impact cannot be accurately predicted, currents to produce complex results — Radioactive materials can be ‘fairly concentrated’ even after crossing Pacific February 24, 2014
- Fox News: Radioactive wave from Fukushima nears US… Is it safe? Expert: Risk of cancers or genetic effects ‘not zero’ for people on West Coast; Ongoing leaks increase the odds November 29, 2013
- VIDEO: Significant amounts of Fukushima radiation detected on west coast — Nuclear Expert: Levels are 30 times worse than predicted… “and it’s just the beginning of the onslaught”; Scientists have no clue about what’s coming, their real goal was downplaying damage to Pacific May 9, 2015
- TV: After seeing that map with massive amount of nuclear waste headed to West Coast… There’s going to be impacts — Reporter: And radioactive water still hasn’t stopped flowing from Fukushima into Pacific (VIDEO) January 27, 2014
- Fox News: Wave of ‘slightly’ radioactive water from Fukushima predicted to reach U.S. in 2014 — Cancer Expert: Current exposure guidelines are “far too high… a very low dose of radiation is dangerous” (VIDEO) November 3, 2013