Coast to Coast AM with John B. Wells, Nov. 9, 2013:
At 7:30 in
Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Chief Engineer: Unlike a cloud of smoke that passes over, Fukushima continues to spew cesium into the ocean and strontium too, I have to add. So the net effect is that the spigot hasn’t been turned off yet, and we’re contaminating the Pacific Ocean in the process […] It’s not heavier than water, it’s very, very small particles that sort of float almost like dust in air, so that it is moving in the entire water column across the Pacific. […] We’ve got contamination of the aquatic chain. […] the top of the food chain animals will likely become contaminated.
At 2:15:30 in
Steven Starr, Director of the Clinical Laboratory Science Program at the University of Missouri, Senior Scientist at Physicians for Social Responsibility: We’re looking at the whole Pacific is full of this stuff, and we have no idea how it’s going to build up. It’s a gigantic experiment, what’s going to happen.
John B. Wells, Host: Isn’t it amazing how many people are in denial about this? [...] This is a problem, and it’s not going away.
Published: November 15th, 2013 at 2:51 pm ET
- Physicians: ‘Interesting fact’ for West Coast in new UN report, 95% of Fukushima discharges transported in Pacific; Contamination to impact N. America with ‘uncertain consequences’ for public health — Chemist: Concern over recent releases, “They’re changing in character” (VIDEO) October 26, 2013
- Gundersen: Breaking news… Officials say U.S. nuclear plant operator “was going to do an experiment on the people of Southern California” — “That’s their words; they said it was an experiment” (AUDIO) May 16, 2013
- Professor: California bluefin tuna may have been contaminated by radioactive substances from Fukushima that traveled across Pacific, rather than contamination off coast of Japan — We don’t know exactly what is happening (VIDEO) October 10, 2013
- Gundersen: When the radioactive plume hits West Coast in a few months “it’s not like it’s going to end” — Fukushima still pumping contamination into Pacific Ocean 1,000 days after disaster began (AUDIO) December 7, 2013
- Report: U.S. West Coast to be hard-hit by Fukushima ocean contamination — North Pacific Gyre transporting radioactive material to America August 23, 2013