Title: Feds joining search for cause of Indianapolis blast
Source: WTSP, AP, CBS
Date: Nov. 12, 2012
h/t Anonymous tip
Feds joining search for cause of Indianapolis blast
[...] Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Bacon [...] said investigators had not eliminated any possible causes for the blast. But U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, who represents the area, said he had been told a bomb or meth lab explosion had been ruled out.
Dan Able, a 58-year-old state employee who lives across the street from the flattened homes, was puzzled by the blast.
“I’m wondering about all the possibilities it could be,” he said. “I don’t know how a gas leak could do that kind of damage.”
“We just don’t know” what the cause was, said police spokesman Kendale Adams. “We’re working to get to the bottom of it.” [...]
Carson said the National Transportation Safety Board and the federal Department of Transportation, which have oversight over pipelines, were also sending investigators. [...]
Published: November 12th, 2012 at 11:36 am ET
- Top Expert on Indiana Blast: “It looks like methane” … “Military ammo dropped from a plane would cause similar damage” — Company: No evidence of leak in gas lines November 15, 2012
- Fox News: ‘Video points to serious damage’ to Fukushima Reactor No. 1 — Nuclear Expert: Size of leak indicates ‘large damage’ — Caused by explosion? (VIDEO) November 14, 2013
- NHK: Tepco fails to reveal what caused so much radioactive material to be released — Amount of radioactivity released still unknown — Still no investigation into what caused meltdowns (VIDEO) June 20, 2012
- Another mysterious explosion demolishes home in Indiana — Captain: No fire with blast (VIDEO) November 14, 2012
- Multiple deaths after ‘gas explosion’ devastates Indiana neighborhood — “So big and overwhelming you can’t explain it” — Homeland Security investigating (PHOTOS & VIDEO) November 11, 2012