Published: November 12th, 2012 at 11:36 am ET

Title: Feds joining search for cause of Indianapolis blast
Source: WTSP, AP, CBS
Date: Nov. 12, 2012
h/t Anonymous tip

Feds joining search for cause of Indianapolis blast

[...] Deputy Fire Chief Kenny Bacon [...] said investigators had not eliminated any possible causes for the blast. But U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, who represents the area, said he had been told a bomb or meth lab explosion had been ruled out.

Dan Able, a 58-year-old state employee who lives across the street from the flattened homes, was puzzled by the blast.

“I’m wondering about all the possibilities it could be,” he said. “I don’t know how a gas leak could do that kind of damage.”

“We just don’t know” what the cause was, said police spokesman Kendale Adams. “We’re working to get to the bottom of it.” [...]

Carson said the National Transportation Safety Board and the federal Department of Transportation, which have oversight over pipelines, were also sending investigators. [...]

Watch a local news broadcast here

Published: November 12th, 2012 at 11:36 am ET

1. Top Expert on Indiana Blast: “It looks like methane” … “Military ammo dropped from a plane would cause similar damage” — Company: No evidence of leak in gas lines November 15, 2012
  2. Fox News: ‘Video points to serious damage’ to Fukushima Reactor No. 1 — Nuclear Expert: Size of leak indicates ‘large damage’ — Caused by explosion? (VIDEO) November 14, 2013
  3. NHK: Tepco fails to reveal what caused so much radioactive material to be released — Amount of radioactivity released still unknown — Still no investigation into what caused meltdowns (VIDEO) June 20, 2012
  4. Another mysterious explosion demolishes home in Indiana — Captain: No fire with blast (VIDEO) November 14, 2012
  5. TV on U.S. Nuclear Waste Leak: Feds “just trying to figure out exactly what’s going on here” — “This has a lot of people saying, ‘What is going on out at Hanford?’” (VIDEOS) February 22, 2013

108 comments to Police: We just don’t know what caused massive Indiana explosion — State Employee: I don’t know how a gas leak could do that kind of damage — Feds joining investigation (VIDEO)

This are might be on the New Madrid fault area. SO FAR BIG DARN MYSTERY

was not gas
    was not Meth Lab
    Not any gas Mains because no creator except for the basement of the one house.

Cruise Missile?
    UFO EXPLOSION?
    Anyone important living in these homes that the feds might not want as a witness or anything.

Markww

• WindorSolarPlease

I am curious if these home are on a fault area.

• sheri sheri

No but there is an army base near by and there were numerous reports by locals of seeing large black army helicopters over explosion immediately after which makes sense. DHS on scene immediately. For me the strangest aspect in this strange explosion no one has ANY answers to is why so many people have has heart attacks. Clues?

• patb2009

is it just me, or does there appear to be a directional shock wave through the two houses?

Seriously is it possible a small meteor hung together, and hit these two houses?

If it's not a gas main or gas leak, is it possible the houses are built on some sort of unstable fill that is letting methane bubble up from the ground?

Has anyone looked for radiation signature? Any odd short lived isotopes?

• sheri sheri

If you see my comment that was consensus in packed to the brim chat room I was in last night. In addition to what I said in comment several people online from neighborhood were there and all reported symptoms of feeling dizzy.

• dosdos dosdos

First off, the house across the street was left standing, so it's not that big an explosion. There are a lot of home use chemicals that can explode that big under the wrong conditions. Fertilizer, granulated pool cleaner, plenty of possibilities. And if you start adding exotics, like benzine, the possibilities go way up. Have it happen next to a hydrocarbon, like gas, propane, etc, and you can get a massive flame in a big hurry. There are plenty of possibilities without considering the unlikely possibilities.

• markww markww

remember no gas smells or fumes no one coming out even smelled anything that is why this story gets really weird. Markww

• dosdos dosdos

You don't need fumes for an explosion, and you don't smell fumes if the hydrocarbons are contained and ruptured during the explosion. How many tin buildings go up in a huge roar each year in the US? Flash chemical explosion/fires are all too common in the US.

One thing it could have been was bottled oxygen that leaked and filled a building. Furnace on a thermostat sets it off. No odor, huge fire that burns everything without any trace of fumes.

Lots of possibilities.

• razzz razzz

Remembering 'natural gas' has the bad smell added in versus methane gas which is orderless (before the bad smell is added), I vote for a methane gas explosion as it gets trap inside living spaces.

Any fracking been done in the area? Any recent quakes?

The explosion was a complete leveling of the houses directly affected.

• sheri sheri

Hi everyone. I am always here but rarely comment. I was in a fully packed chat room last night with 150 smart people trying to figure this out. KNOW: meth lab, gas, bomb all RULED OUT per police. No definitive answers but all seemed to feel more research on TELSA needed to be done. I am not an expert on that subject. Several people online from neighborhood all described feeling something strange but did not feel earthquake. There have been a dozen HEART ATTACKS at least since explosion.

• amberlight amberlight

I'm 68 years old & live in a sparsely populated rural area of northern California. Last Thursday, Nov 8, at around 4:30 a.m. I was awakened from a sound sleep by an extremely loud ringing in my ears. I have suffered from varying levels of tinnitus for the last decade, more or less, and most of the time I am not even conscious of the incessant ringing unless something draws my attention to it. This time the volume was full blast and it was accompanied by a rapid heart beat and light-headedness. Keep in mind that I had been completely at rest, but my pulse clocked in at 120 beats/min! The symptoms gradually subsided, aided by a cup of herb tea and by about 5:30 a.m. I was fast asleep and slept until almost noon.

I went online that day to see if there were any reports of that set of symptoms experienced by others at any time, but could only find information about medical conditions that did not describe my brief episode. I have never had a heart attack or stroke, but if what I experienced is the result of directed beams or pulses (HAARP, Tesla, EMF, whatever) and this ramps up, unexplained cluster deaths may increase. By the way, my analog electric meter is chained down with a strong warning that any attempt to install a Smart[sic]Meter will result in a lawsuit! Also, there are no electronic devices in my bedroom, only a battery operated analog clock and a couple of ordinary lamps.

• richard richard

with all respect amberlight, when was your last complete medical checkup?

before casting dispersions at extraneous systems, please do consider your health.

when was your last half hour walk ?

I am genuinely concerned and I am not meaning any offense.

If you have not done either question recently can I kindly you suggest you at least have a medical.

i'm not discounting external causes, but just like to check.

• VanneV anne

cell phone traffic from a cell phone tower can cause tinnitis. I don't know what GWEN towers do, but one went off near Pueblo,CO just before James Holmes or whoever opened fire on the audience at the movie theater in Aurora, CO. Supposedly the GWEN towers are to facilitate communication in the event of an EMP attack, but Dr. Becker said the GWEN towers are for mind control.

• sheri sheri

MARKWW forgot to say one of the people associated with the house is head of aviation company. I am sorry I don't remember his name. He was not there and not hurt.

• wideawake wideawake

@markww Nasa microbiologist? …"Monserrate R. Shirley http://oeop.larc.nasa.gov/hep/lwon/LWONbios/msfc-MRoman.html …lives at the other destroyed home, 8349 Fieldfare Way, according to records and Burnett, who lives across the street. Shirley was contacted by telephone Sunday but also declined an interview." Not sure about this info,could be something or nothing, found on a forum. http://www.indystar.com/article/20121111/NEWS/121111013/Teacher-husband-presumed-dead-in-Southeastside-Indianapolis-explosion?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|SPORTS02

• KONDY KONDY

FAULTY FURNACE is probably to blame. See link for more info on this from the actual owner of the house….

• jec jec

Remember there was a earlier explosion in the local area that destroyed one home-as in week or so ago. But Heart Attacks..a dozen..in a cluster? Unusual..am looking for the news articles…

• markww markww

Do not think the gas furnace did this explosion too big and if people were home they would have smelled gas and so would allot of other people.

Markww

• KONDY KONDY

Mark – According to the article, the people who lived in the house that exploded have been staying in a hotel for at least a week because the furnace wasn't working. The family that owns that house is alive and well, the next door neighbors are dead. Nobody was home to smell the gas in the house with the broken furnace and it had over a week to build up and fill the house with fumes. Makes sense to me……

• markww markww

You could be right but here is a thought lets say they did have a gas leak it would not take but a hour or less for people to start smelling the gas coming from the home. Gas only takes about 10 minutes to spread from a home to other areas and be smelled and someone would had called the gas company but I will keep this thought for the board There might be something bigger,I have been around gas leaks many times and just a small leak from a lie or home can be smelled 12 houses either side of a home.

Markww

• KONDY KONDY

Thanks Mark. I really have no idea, and I might be niave for even considering the "furnace theory". Maybe they are just trying to cover their asses with this story? We may never know…..

• guezilla

The only evidence for the furnace-theory is (so far, unless you've head something else) the say-so of the woman's ex-husband, who's got a restraining order on him, and is saying stuff like "knowing my ex-wife, she probably compromised on the fix". So while the furnace story might be true, it's HIGHLY suspect unless other evidence is presented.

On the other hand we KNOW gas can cause this kind and level of damage (unlike all the people quoted as saying it can't), and has many times even in the recent past, even without people calling in reports of gas leak smell.

And on the other hand, Homeland Security is saying (very mysteriously, and I'd say suspiciously) "There's a lot of possibilities out there. … There's a lot of possibilities that could trigger an explosion like this." IMO muncipal gas is about the only thing publicly known to cause this kind of damage without explosive traces being found, unless you want to bring in black helicopters and secret alien-wars.

Indianapolis Fire Department is cautioning the cause won't be known for days, "You're talking days — it could be weeks". This is perlexing, as gas explosions seem to generally be pegged as such immediately, or at most within a few hours. I suppose if a gas mains was not damaged and the explosion was from leak from a gas-appliance, it could be kind of hard to tell, but still what will they know after weeks that they don't know now?

• markww markww

One thing left out of the whole story were sonic booms before the homes blew up.

Something big this way comes.

NEW INFORMATION seems something fell from the sky see the link.

I in my personal opinion do not think homes could be thrown off their foundations away from the site I still say no gas explosion here is what I found from a police officer

MARKWW

• lickerface lickerface

I was listening to the Marion County MECA scanner feed and got the impression that DHS (who was there VERY quickly) didn't treat the issue like a gas explosion. They even said it'd be a good idea to call the utility company to see about getting the gas turned off as a preventative measure. It still did not seem to be an urgent issue to them. It was loosely stated once. Their concern was knocking on all doors in the neighborhood and searching homes. One local asked about getting the coroner to come out but the authority said no not yet – situation was still too dangerous for that job to be called. Seeing how fast DHS took over the scene makes me think they were following events that led to the incident. There was no mention of gas leaks. Seriously. There was a great effort to move residents from that hood to the elementary school NW of there asap.

• Maggie123

Has anyone seen these 3 locations plotted on a map?

Also – it *is* possible that none are related to the others, or that 2 of the 3 only are related. The restaurant one sounds like it could involve the kitchen (so gas could make sense and the one a true coincidence to the others.)

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

There are people suggesting that this was the result of a drone attack, see the video on youtube by idahopicker regarding the russian early warning satellite that says that they have proof of it. Sure hope that this is not the case however it is a possibility. There is a previous comment from sheri in this thread that there was an aviation company ceo that lives there. Coincidence? Hope the truth gets out about what really happened. We will probably never know as if thats the case it will surely be covered up by another explanation. I would imagine that with the sophistication of the military's weaponry they could pull this off without leaving a trace. Hope there is no validity to this theory.

• PurpleRain PurpleRain

I just watched that youtube video by idahopicker. Very interesting. I do think that he makes a good point. It's very suspicious seeming. It really does look like more is going on.

• markww markww

NEW INFORMATION seems something fell from the sky see the link.

MARKWW

• guezilla

I hope I am not the only one who feels Coast to Coast AM should not be referred to as "information". Regrdless, the linked but unsourced eye-witness comment states "I am begining to subscribe to the notion that something fell from the sky."

He does NOT say he saw something fall from the sky, in fact he's quite clear about that he didn't see the whole beginning of the incident. Nor does he says he has any evidence that something fell from the sky. He's just "beginning to subscribe to the notion", whatever that means. The only comments to that effect I can find from actual witnesses are saying debris fell from the sky AFTER the explosion, which is what you'd expect.

Like other witnesses, he also states "I sat in my house when around 11 pm I experienced an explosion", ie. a single explosion. But this unsourced and unknown witness "knows somebody" (again unnamed/unknown) who heard a sonic boom. Any eyewitnesses describing the actual event in any detail seem to be speaking of a single explosion.

I have posted links to several gas-explosions where neighboring buildings were "thrown off their foundations". Here's a non-exhaustive list of notable gas-explosions, many which involve substantial damage to large number of houses:

(Of course the fact they haven't just declared it a gas-explosion and be done with it means it might not be, and also lays doubt to consiracy-theories)

• Maggie123

Guezilla – re "I hope I am not the only one who feels Coast to Coast AM should not be referred to as "information". You're not the only one! Too 'hypy' for me, different politics, and I'm not fond of commercials. But because of their wide explorations, every so often they are well ahead of less speculative information. They were onto bee colony collapse maybe 2 yrs ahead of wider public discussion. :)

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

There was also report from a neighbor that called the police when it happened that there has been a plane crash? Mabey he heard something incoming before the blast?

• markww markww

A plane crash would have left debris all over the place sonic booms reported would not be a plane they would have torn them selves apart on the way down. Or if it crashed there would be debris all over the streets and seats and other plane parts.

This story smells of something HUGE.

Markww

• guezilla

Was waiting for this, although I'd like to see some of the actual seismograph/barometric graphs so as to see if they picked up secondary explosions or supersonic booms:
    Large explosions, even natural gas ones, often register on sensitive seismographs. These could be used to rule out multiple explosions, get bounds on the explosive force etc. There's not enough useful detail on this article though, but it's a start as well.

• richard richard

there were (close to) no plane parts at the pentagon

• richard richard

could've been a Death Star. I understand it was secretly constructed behind the Sun.

That could have been the planned trial shoot. It's still not very accurate though, they intended aiming for a small isolated island off the coast of cuba.

It's full release is planned for December 2012. The 21st I think.

• markww markww

The pentagon pictures first frame shows a small smoke trail of a missile not a jumbo jet a big jet never it the pentagon at all. The hole was 9 foot around what a missile would have caused.

Markww

• richard richard

i could probably agree there markww. It's a very curious issue that one.

this case is also very curious. I think you've also been right that it's bigger then a gas main problem.

• guezilla

It's bit unclear if this is the latest word or days old info, but first I've heard it stated this clearly.

"[Indianapolis Public Safety Director Troy] Riggs said investigators continue to treat the blast area as a crime scene, and they're looking through the debris for clues.

Riggs said it appears so far that natural gas played a role in the blast, but it's not yet clear whether it was an accident or intentionally set."

The guy speaking of the faulty furnace seems prime suspect if it was arson/intentional, as he's himself proved method, motive and opportunity in his media-statements. I sure hope the authorities are at least looking into that.

If it were drone-strike or aliens, why did they strike the empty house of some unknown family who weren't even home at the time? And why would they have done it with enough force to devastate entire neighborhood, normal drones can't even carry that huge bombs.

And if they still did all that, why not declare it a gas explosion within hour, have all the news-networks and public simply go "Oh right a gas-explosion, another one of those" and turn their attention back to American Idol or what have you.

The multi-week investigation, residents being allowed back in only under police escort etc. make sense if they're treating it as crime-scene.

• richard richard

thanks guezilla. when we were chatting about this last night, i still reckon the blast field is from the inside out, like a bon-bon squeezed in the centre.

the house that blew probably had stronger walls north and south, which saved the close neighbours, but the blast field carried east and west, probably the weaker facsade walls.

i think you're right about the 'furnace' guy. by making a public statement and the other associations, this smells more and more like sabotage.

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

Heres a possibility regarding the sonic booms reported. There could have been an SR71 blackbird or other fast flyer aircraft that took over or was handed over control of a drone. Again this is mere speculation and I am no expert nor claim to have any knowledge of these matters other than what I have read in news articles and past declassified military operations. I have to believe that there is a more scientific explanation or we are in deep doo doo. I do kmow that there have been american citizens executed in the recent past by the govt without being charged or convicted in court just because it was decided by washington to be in the best interest of national security so it is not out of the realm of possibility, but you gotta ask yourself, in a residential neighborhood with so much collateral damage? Hopefully there will be a rational explanation backed by scientific evidence confirmed by reputable sources in the very near future. TTFN

• richard richard

looks like the cat is in on this.

John Shirley, 50, who has been divorced from Monserrate Shirley since this summer, said she and her boyfriend were at a casino the night of the explosion. His daughter was at a friend’s house and the family’s cat was being boarded, he said.

It starts to look like an insurance job that has gone fatally wrong. I suggested yesterday, a secondary fuel has been combined with the gas and created as fiercer then expected explosion.

Not that an arsonist could very well know what to expect.

Unless this home was a trial run a few weeks ago …

Gas line explosion destroys unoccupied home

r: the suburbs are across city from each other for each of the explosions.

google map it and get directions.. they're fairly close, 30 minutes apart.

• markww markww

Richard this CAN'T BE A GAS EXPLOSION, the explosion of a home is so fast and instantaneous it does not start a fire. Look at the pictures in your article no Fire. Its almost supersonic. To do the fire like in Indiana it has to be something else. Like I said it is something bigger, things that produce blue flashes below.

Copper
    Transformer explosions
    Missiles
    drones
    Meteors > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Bolide.jpg

Markww

• richard richard

Thanks mark, I agree, it's not just a gas explosion. I believe it's a cocktail of gas and a secondary fuel. That's why it was bigger then your average gas explosion. Anyway, I've nothing to use as evidence on that point, just speculation from the obvious intensity of the blast.

• rambojim

How about a soon to be X husband markww…

• markww markww

Here are some things that show could not be a gas explosion,usually confined space area

1. Interesting here > Deputy Code Enforcement Director Adam Collins said as many as 31 homes were damaged so badly that they may have to be demolished. The explosion damaged a total of 80 homes, he said. He estimated the damage at $3.6 million.

that's 2 to three blocks from the blast target

2. Dan Able, a 58-year-old state employee who lives across the street from the two homes that exploded, said his first thought was that a plane had hit his house.

The blast was "a sound I've never heard before, it was so loud," he said. His windows blew out and a bedroom ceiling collapsed on his wife, Jan. He pulled her out, and they went outside.

A BLAST HE NEVER HEARD BEFORE

OK HERE IS THE SAME TYPE OF MYSTERY 11-12-2012

Loud booms reported in southwestern Ohio and Indiana

According to the DCS, earthquakes, blown transformers, gas explosions, and sonic booms from jets have all been ruled out, and they are coordinating with the Ohio Emergency Management to try to find an explanation for the boom. Geological experts in Columbus, along with various departments in Indiana, are working hard as well to get to the bottom of this mystery.

There has also been one report of a bright blue flash being seen going across the sky from Arcanum at approximately 4:45 am. Are the two related? I think so.

In March of 2007, an article about almost the exact same circumstances…

• markww markww

Check the date on article above also here is the police officer's comments from Steve Quayle report

Initial speculation was that it was a gas explosion. The fire side stated that it didnt look like the normal gas explosion where a house is lifted up and set back down. This had a massive debris field that looks much more like a bomb. The blast was higher than a normal gas explosion. The tree limbs were sheared off at an upward trajectory, not straight out from the house that exploded.

We have had a police presence since Saturday. Today NTSB Haz Mat members arrived at the scene. WTF, for a gas leak? I am begining to subscribe to the notion that something fell from the sky. A couple that lives north of us was outside and said that they heard a sonic boom.

Limbs sheared upwards like a massive explosion like a bomb remember back in ww2 they used bombs to burn out buildings.Also a couple say they heard a sonic boom. And the mention something fell from the sky. Like Minden La.

Markww

• Radio VicFromOregon

@markww, the Earth certainly goes through periods of higher meteor hits and long lulls. No way to see them coming if they are small or coming in straight on. If they exploded just above the ground or even hitting, there would be upward shearing, but wouldn't there also be some crater formation? Interesting and sad and scary all at the same time. I also just read a headline that i need to get to the story about from NASA complaining that the satellites are starting to descend and change their orbits as the outer stratosphere alters from the increased CO2 levels thinning it. If that is happening, for whatever reason, then our normal atmospheric defenses against meteors has changed. It would be worth analyzing if it becomes easier for meteors to punch through as opposed to skid off or get burned up in the upper atmosphere before hitting the Earth. I'd really like to not have to add Looking Up For Falling Rocks to the various things to watch out for in our interesting times.

• markww markww

AS to Satellites Sun Explosions can also push satellites closer to earth like a outer space cosmic sail

Markww

• Radio VicFromOregon

True, but hasn't that been the deal since we sent satellites into orbit? The sun flares are basically at the same rates since we've been tracking those, too, solar winter, solar summer respectively. We just finished with one of the most quiet solar winters in history with one or two big flares and otherwise, very sedate, and are entering the 11 year solar summer cycle that should peak in about 4 to five years from now before it starts to wane again. So solar flares, if they are pushing satellites into the upper atmosphere of Earth, may be pushing against a mushier atmosphere since the flares are no bigger than before. Additionally, satellites orbits should be able to be corrected from the ground if they are functioning unless their orbit has decayed, which eventually happens, of course. I thought the pushing from solar flares was compensated for in the orbital programs and the folks monitoring them from the ground. But, they do fall, though usually they take several rotations around the earth as they make their way closer to earth. I think your thoughts on a meteor, itself, is probably the best explanation of what happened so far, especially given the upward shearing you talked about. Your experience in fire fighting also detailed the fact that meth lab explosions and gas mains are so fast, they don't support fire. Here in Portland, there are plenty of meth labs ad the occasional blow out. And, yep, you are right on the button, you can smell a gas leak for half…

• Radio VicFromOregon

con't…gas leak for half a block or more, especially when the air is still or calm at ground level. Any house explosion from a gas leak or a meth lab always destroyed the house, maybe broke the neighbors windows, and people would be standing around right out on the sidewalk taking a look in. Boom! It's done. So, i'm betting on the meteor. And, as you pointed out, the meteors in the South just 2 weeks ago? We ARE in a meteor shower as well. Just at the tail end of the Orionid meteor showers that peaked Oct 19, 2012. It's the tail debris of the Halley comet. Quite a few rocks in there!

• hbjon hbjon

Beginning of WW3? This is intentional and I just hope the good guys win. The good guys always win.

• DisasterInterpretationDissorder DisasterInterpretationDissorder

Now the duopoly election is over and democracy lost , they can continue preparations for the absolute dictatorship .
      Like testing weapons on civil houses , i mean , clearly , a rebel can not hide behind a house from this ,
      and getting practical experience with femacamps. Not saying its like that , but i keep it in the back of my head
      as a possibility.

• hbjon hbjon

Women nowadays are smart. That is why we have them in positions of power and control. Their husbands are not able to tell them anything and they believe their womens intuition. 9 out of 10 will see that explosive gases were pumped into the sewer system and bubbled up through the drains. A school science fair can be organized to back up this theory with scientific facts.

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

This was no meteor. Nasa would have said something by now,

• rambojim

A vindictive EX husband seeking revenge?

OR

A stray neutron laser beam from the planet X

Or

Whatever your mind wants to dream up..

• markww markww

Allot of mysterious goings on Hope it is not rouge country shooting at us.As to below.

This could also be the Blue Light Sonic boom like right after lightning Thunder. In The article Russia was supposed to have had a satellite radar picture or something hitting this area.

markww

Another Breaking News item more people reporting blue flashes from Indiana

• Radio VicFromOregon

@timemachine2020. Well, it's not always quite so easy to tell, even for NASA. Meteor strikes on Earth are rare cuz of our atmosphere, and very few meteors can actually be seen or tracked as they enter the atmosphere until some kind of lightshow ensues, usually when they are skidding in the Earth's atmosphere and burning up from the friction. But, if they enter the atmosphere at certain angles or approach the Earth straight on or are fairly small, say the size of a small car or less, then no one knows about them until after the fact. NASA will usually make the call that a fiery object was either a meteor or falling space debris based upon eyewitness accounts, and really like it when something remains of the meteor to show for any certainty. In this case, if it was a meteor, it's going to be very hard to find if it exploded accept as levels of dust mixed into the earth and debris with one element or another more prevalent in space than on Earth. That will take some time to measure. Here's a link to NASA's Near Earth Object watch list of those objects large enough and far out enough for them to detect. Too small, too close, or not at a good viewing angle and they can't be detected. Some astrophysicists are trying to drum up support for a 360 degree vigil cuz they believe a very serious strike can happen any second and no one would know before hand to try and get people to safety if possible. http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/

• rambojim

What do you make of it or-well

• or-well

Hi rambojim
          Make of it? In a word, nothing. That is to say, I have no opinion as to what actualy happened.
          I don't think a drone accident/failure/misfire – anywhere – is impossible.
          I also think the arson idea with some accelerant is possible.
          Why DHS? Because they can…
          Meteorite? I'd go with a rock thru the roof and structural damage or if bigger an airburst but that's not what happened.
          Raw methane leak accumulating, then triggered by malfunctioning furnace? Possible.

Will there be a concluding statement? Yes.
          Will it be definitively verifiable as accurate? I don't know.

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

Markww, this sounds to me like war games were happening over Indianapolis. The explosion was just horrific. The MSM has laid this off as a gas explosion, rather than a drone attack gone wrong. Will the Airforce admit fault, when this much death and damage occurred in an urban area? Keep it up, Mark. Good catch.

• Sickputer

I am very skeptical. If US military drone missiles hit a civilian neighborhood there should be definite debris and burn evidence. Covering up such an accident would be typical operating procedure for a few other countries, but if a coverup happens here, then we are in deep dookie. Nobody would be safe from the nucleocrats.

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

Sickputer, If this were, as the Russians say, a hellfire missile from a US drone, the resulting debris could have been easily identified and removed by DHS and other feds who appeared onsite immediately after the incident, under the cover of darkness. If so, one would expect to see conclusive proof in the MSM that the incident was caused by the home owner (insurance fraud) or an opportunistic neighbor (with a fascination for incinderaries).

• Sickputer

PuN sez…."If this were, as the Russians say, a hellfire missile from a US drone, the resulting debris could have been easily identified and removed by DHS and other feds who appeared onsite immediately"

SP: Let's don't give the feds too much credit for quick thinking…they aren't exactly MIB. *;-) Seems like they spend more time sexting instead of protecting the USA.

Get out of the Middle East Mr. President…we have long worn out our welcome. Bring our troops home and let's not lose another single soul to useless intervention into the affairs of other cultures. Nobody has conquered those tribal troops in 2,000 years and even if you did…what have you gained?

• PhilipUpNorth PhilipUpNorth

"Bring our troops home and let's not lose another single soul to useless intervention into the affairs of other cultures." Words of wisdom, once again, from Sickputer. Many thanks. 100% agree. :) . We have trucks and ships and aircraft. Bring them all home today. No need for even one more death in Afganistan. Afganistan was a hell hole way before the Russians went in. It was a hellhole before the US went in. Afganistan is a hellhole now. In 100 years, guess what? Afganistan will still be a hell hole. Not our problem.

There is a lot of trouble throughout the world. Sooner or later, the US must decide how much, if any of it, is any of our concern. (With thanks and love to Paul Harvey, who said it so elequently years ago.)

I don't know what ordinance was involved in the Indianapolis incident. It just seems to me, from all the evidence from all quarters, that a military exercise went horribly wrong over Indianapolis last Sunday, and that a missile with live ordinance was inadvertantly launched, causing needless destructuon of property and loss of life. What say you, US Air Force?

• guezilla

Hellfire missile is simply not credible, they're 100lbs missiles carrying at most 20lbs of explosives.

But, the short story is, the HEAT anti-tank missile is capable of destroying a single vehicle, the thermobaric MAC is designed to kill everybody inside an enclosed space (one floor of a building typically) with minimum collateral damage.

Hellfires wouldn't really be leveling two modern, western building-code buildings any more than throwing neighboring buildings "off their foundations" as has been claimed here.

A Reaper drone could carry 500lbs bombs, but more than half of that is shrapnel – and DHS would not be clearing that up, especially in middle of the night. Plus I've seen no claim or evidence that feds have cordoned the area off, quite on the contrary with crime scene investigation and multiple parties present.

Quite simply, no drone-based weapon in US arsenal is capable of causing the damage seen, nor would they be able to hide it.

For completeness it's perhaps worthwhile to feed all the conspiracy-theorists with the notion that accidents involving Hellfire missiles aren't exactly unheard of: http://www.inquisitr.com/238118/army-training-missile-accidentally-lands-in-texas-town-residential-area/

• Sickputer

The more I follow the trail of this off the freako shelf rumor I begin to think it's a John Bircher-type reaction to the two things: losing the presidential election to Obama (again) and firing a very popular general who fell victim to his own personal "surge". (Down boy, down! Quit acting like a gorilla with his harem).

That's my theory and we'll see how it plays out. BTW… The Russian satellite can detect ICBM rockets, but unless Werner Von Braun has been cloned in Moscow…this dog won't hunt.

another building explodes in Indiana

GREENFIELD, Ind. – Emergency crews were battling a huge blaze at a restaurant in Greenfield Monday evening.

The El Rodeo restaurant on State Road 9 was engulfed in flames around 6:30 p.m., and the fire was under control shortly after 7 p.m.
    A witness who works at the Wal-Mart next door to the restaurant told RTV6 she heard an explosion before the restaurant went up in flames.
    Another witness working nearby had a similar story.
    “I heard a big boom from the kitchen over at White Castle,” said witness John Short.
    This video below was put out after the house explosion and does not take the latest explosion into account. What is causing these explosions in this New Madrid fault line state?

• 16Penny 16Penny

BP gas must be migrating north fast! Natural – natural gas of course doesn't have the odorant added.

Didn't I hear that in Indiana one house blew up first then the second?

Natural gas explosions would also explain DHS.

It's kind of like using UV light to see the piss and poo trail left behind after rats play.

• Radio VicFromOregon

I'm still not ruling out meteors. They tend to come in at the same trajectory if they are swarming. We are almost through Halley comet's tail meteor shower – the Orionid Meteor Shower that's been going on. The further back, less packed meteors will leave the tail more easily and be pulled into planetary orbit. Lots of stuff up there falling from time to time. I recall similar issues when Hale-Bopp came so close. On it's way out, meteorites broke off from the tail and came in.

On November 14, 2012 there were 1350 potentially hazardous asteroids. Recent & Upcoming Earth-asteroid encounters: Asteroid. Date(UT). Miss Distance …

Meteor shower from Halley's comet peaks this weekend – CBS News
        http://www.cbsnews.com/…/meteor-shower-from-halleys-comet-peaks-this- …Oct 19, 2012 – Orionid meteor shower, a giant cloud of debris left behind by Halley's … In recent years, this shower has been rather active for a few days before …

• timemachine2020 timemachine2020

@markww by the way you posted the wrong idahopicker link the other day. This is the video I was talking about
    A chilling report circulating in the Kremlin this afternoon released by the Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) states that Kosmos 2479 detected the firing of two AGM-114 Hellfire missiles from a MQ-1 Predator drone yesterday being operated by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) over the United States city of Indianapolis that resulted in a massive explosion [photo 2nd left], and from local US media reports resulted in at least two deaths.

Kosmos 2479 is an early warning satellite launched in 2012 as part of the VKO's Oko programme and monitors the US from geostationary orbit for all possible threats, including the tracking of American airspace for US Air Force and CIA fighter jets, bombers and drones.

The CIA's MQ-1 Predator drones, equipped with two fearsome AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, have been described as President Obama's “weapon of choice” and are currently most noted for bringing to Pakistan the same horror that Hitler's doodlebugs inflicted on London during World War II.

According to this report, after the firing of these drone-missiles, two distinct trajectories were recorded which were “near simultaneously countermanded” by countermeasures employed by an AN/ALQ-99 airborne electronic warfare system aboard a US Air Force EA-6B Prowler electronic warfare aircraft that had been dispatched from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to track this CIA…

• richard richard

"Prosecutor charges 3 with felony murder in Richmond Hill explosion"

Monserrate Shirley, whose Southside home exploded, killing two of her neighbors, was charged, along with her boyfriend, Mark Leonard, and his brother, Robert Leonard. They were taken into custody this morning, prosecutors said.

Authorities say the trio released gas into the house by opening or removing the regulator valve on the home’s gas fireplace. Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said a microwave oven set on a timer was used to ignite the gas.

Curry said they also tried and failed to blow up the house the weekend before the explosion.

r: there was some crazy speculation on the cause of this explosion in this thread.

• Sickputer

In case you missed my Sunday post on one of the other November Indianapolis mystery fire threads…

Ok folks. Please deep six any theories previously held about underground methane explosions…the Indianapolis fire was arson:

"The people have been charged with deliberating setting off a deadly gas explosion that decimated an Indianapolis neighborhood in the hopes of collecting an insurance settlement.

The house's owner, Monserrate Shirley; her boyfriend, Mark Leonard; and his brother, Bob Leonard, were arrested on Friday and charged with murder, arson, and several other counts for their role in the Nov. 10 blast that killed two people.

Authorities said Shirley, 47, was motivated by mounting financial worries including $63,000 in credit card debt and bankruptcy proceedings. Mark Leonard had allegedly just 'lost a ton of money' – roughly $10,000 – at a casino just three weeks before the explosion."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252115/Three-charged-murder-setting-deadly-Indiana-house-explosion-killed-young-couple-destroyed-homes.html#ixzz2Ft6Hz5A4