(Subscription Only) Title: Group: Ministry may have manipulated Fukushima radiation readings
Source: THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
Date: October 06, 2012
Citizens and scientists have raised concerns that the science ministry manipulated its measurement of radiation levels in Fukushima Prefecture to show figures lower than they really were.
[The Association for Citizens and Scientists Concerned About Internal Radiation Exposures] measured radiation levels about 10 meters away from each of the posts.
The group’s readings at those locations averaged 40-50 percent higher than the figures reported by the ministry at the posts themselves.
“We are afraid that the ministry might have thoroughly decontaminated areas immediately adjacent to the monitoring posts or tinkered with numbers in an attempt to get lower readings,” Katsuma Yagasaki, professor emeritus of physics at the University of Ryukyus, told a news conference in Tokyo.
Published: October 6th, 2012 at 10:57 am ET
- AP Headline: “Japanese govt kept meltdown risk secret” — NISA spokesman replaced after letting it ‘slip out’ during press conference March 10, 2012
- Author, farmer expose manipulation of radiation data — “Employees wash monitoring post by high-pressure water and changed the whole soil” March 15, 2012
- Fukushima Press Conference: “To the people of the world… dangerous developments… we need your help” — I vomited blood, skin inside mouth peeled out… no limit to radiation damage… contamination is all over Japan — Speaker nearly cries when revealing babies in rain waiting for food after explosion, “Gov’t didn’t issue any warnings” (VIDEO) July 13, 2014
- Scientist holds press conference in Tokyo: Urgent need to share new developments from Fukushima — Very, very striking results show radiation injury to whole ecosystems — Significant implications for Japan (VIDEO) August 22, 2014
- Watch: Concern Japan gov’t is manipulating radiation readings — Levels nearby much higher than some monitoring posts indicate (VIDEO) October 23, 2012