Title: Ex-TEPCO chairman quizzed on suspected negligence over nuclear disaster
Date: Jan. 24, 2013
Japanese prosecutors have questioned the former chairman of Tokyo Electric Power Co., Tsunehisa Katsumata, on suspicion of professional negligence over the nuclear disaster at the utility’s Fukushima Daiichi power plant that occurred in March 2011, investigative sources said Thursday.
The prosecutors were believed to have focused their questioning on Tokyo Electric’s anti-tsunami measures and on whether the utility known as TEPCO had properly anticipated such a disaster. [...]
Title: Former Tepco Chairman Said Questioned in Fukushima Legal Probe
Author: Jacob Adelman
Date: Jan. 24, 2013
[...] The complaint targets around 40 people, including former Prime Minister Naoto Kan and Haruki Madarame, the former head of the Nuclear Safety Commission, Kyodo said.
They are accused of being responsible for the injury from radiation exposure and deaths of hospital inpatients during their transfer to a hospital, Ikuo Yasuda, a lawyer representing residents who filed the complaint, said in an August interview. [...]
See also: Kyodo: Criminal complaint to be filed against top gov't and Tepco officials -- Says failures left many exposed to radiation -- Assemblyman: "Nonsense that nobody has been held criminally responsible for causing a major nuclear accident"
Published: January 24th, 2013 at 5:06 pm ET
- Kyodo: 1,300 people file criminal complaint seeking to jail gov’t officials and Tepco execs — Haruki Madarame, 32 others accused June 11, 2012
- Kyodo: Criminal complaint to be filed against top gov’t and Tepco officials — Says failures left many exposed to radiation — Assemblyman: “Nonsense that nobody has been held criminally responsible for causing a major nuclear accident” March 15, 2012
- NHK chairman named to Tepco board of directors May 15, 2012
- Chairman of Tepco Panel: “Future surprises” are in store at Fukushima plant — Everyone should be prepared for that (VIDEO) September 17, 2013
- NYT: New leak at Fukushima Daiichi — Tepco accused of cover-up April 7, 2013