Title: Dr Chris Busby: radioactivity in apartment in central Tokyo
Uploaded by: drdrwoland
Date: July 25, 2012
- Apartment on 20th floor located 300 meters from the Tokyo Tower
- A gamma spectrum of the sample scraped from the filter
- According to the sample information at the bottom of the spectrum:
- Taken June 15, 2012
- Collected June 18, 2012
At 4:45 in
So what we can say about this sample is that its extremely radioactive… It contains high levels of uranium and lead-210 and cesium-137.
All substances which are inside an apartment on the 20th floor of a block 300 meters from the Tokyo Tower. Isn’t that quite something? It’s quite something.
Rhodium-102 this is a fission product from Fukushima.
There’s far too much uranium there, there’s about 3,000 becquerels per kilogram. There should be about 20.
So this is from Fukushima as well.
Which means there’s particles of Uranium floating around in Central Tokyo.
Scary stuff. Scary stuff.
It’d be interesting to know what the radiation health specialists think about these findings.
Published: July 25th, 2012 at 2:26 pm ET
- Uranium detected in Tokyo soil sample — “That needs more study” says nuclear expert (VIDEO) May 9, 2012
- Researcher: Tokyo sample had radioactivity levels higher than in Chernobyl exclusion zone — “There’s a very, very high level of contamination even as far south as Tokyo” (VIDEO) August 17, 2011
- Neutron ray measured in Tokyo — Uranium-235 found in Chiba — Can’t be detected by most geiger counters (PHOTO & VIDEO) October 19, 2011
- West of Tokyo: 24,000 Bq/kg of radioactive cesium in soil sample — 250 km from Fukushima (VIDEO) September 14, 2011
- Report: Air sample in Tokyo 270 times more contaminated with Cesium-137 than global weapons fallout peak (VIDEO) July 18, 2011