Published: July 20th, 2011 at 8:26 am ET

Radiation dose measured at 1 or 0.5 meter height, MEXT and local governments, July 19, 2011:

Tokyo-area

Kawauchi

Minamisoma

h/t Anonymous tip

Published: July 20th, 2011 at 8:26 am ET

1. 25km from Tokyo: Radiation now 10 times higher at many locations in Kashiwa compared to pre-Fukushima levels — Only includes external dose (INTERACTIVE MAP) February 20, 2012
  2. Tokyo gov’t finds at least 5 times higher cesium levels than Japan gov’t — Over 50,000 Bq/m² near city center (PHOTOS) October 8, 2011
  3. Report from Tokyo: 6.5 microSv/h at Japan’s busiest train station — Equal to 57 millisieverts per year, 10 times Chernobyl evacuation levels — Near Imperial Palace (PHOTOS) February 25, 2012
  4. Tweets from Fukushima worker: Trees dying around nuke plant… Pine doesn’t wither in Autumn! — Similar reports in Tokyo area (PHOTOS) October 5, 2011
  5. “This is really bad”: Tokyo train radiation dose at 10.6 microsieverts per hour — “Geiger counter was off the charts” (VIDEOS) September 26, 2011

26 comments to Radiation dose near Tokyo higher than some locations inside 30 km evacuation zone (PHOTOS)

• ‎100,000,000 becquerel ongoing daily release just acknowledged by TEPCO and Japanese govt.

• cossack55

I guess they will catch a clue when they weigh in at about 60 lbs.

• Heart of the Rose Heart of the Rose

..It’s kind of like BP telling us how much oil is spewing…low-balling.

• Whoopie Whoopie

Earthquake Date: 2011/07/20 21:58:43
    epicenter: Fukushima beach as
    the depth of the epicenter: 10km
    Magnitude: M3.2
    largest intensity: depth of 2
    SHALLOW

• Whoopie Whoopie

It’s all over Tweets Fuky Stabilized
    Does this look STABLE? No

• StPaulScout StPaulScout

If by stable you mean ‘melt through’, ‘ready to fall over’, ‘looks like a war zone’, and ‘too radioactive to work on’ then yes, it is stable…..

• alasanon

Ok, that was fun… TIME TO LEAVE!!!

• tepcowhofukyushimawho tepcowhofukyushimawho

240 Children in 3 Nursery Schools in Yamagata Prefecture Ate Cesium Beef; http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2011/07/240-children-in-3-nursery-schools-in.html

This is tragic. For everyone but especially the children. Pure negligence. The worst thing is how much contaminated food has already been consumed that we are not aware of. I suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg. That could have been my child. She lives with my estranged wife very close to that area. I can leave this country and could take my child with me but her mother won’t allow me! This is driving me crazy! Knowing that I could save her is driving me insane but run for cover and save myself, abandon my beautiful child, not a chance!!

• Find ways to share information with her from links in Japan posts here and elsewhere, esp. about children — perhaps through other people — sorry about this. Similar things happened in my life. I’ve lost it but there is a link here somewhere to a vid about nurse counseling with kids in a high-rad zone, those bags under their eyes NOT GOOD, hopefully it’s at least better than that where she is.

I have three granddaughters, age 12, 10, 8.

• arclight arclight

pet subject of mine this…heres a suitable comment with the link….
        The results of his research are mind-boggling. “Apathy, passivity, paternalism, lack of initiative, loss of future, fear of suffered environment, loss of belief in support from the side of authorities, syndrome of [feeling] doomed, fear for health and future of children is the uncomplete [sic] list of typical characteristics of the suffered people” (Sayenko 1996, p.1).

“The most striking unexpectedness of Chernobyl has been its socio-psychological strike at the population. Ecological, economical and medical post-effects could be foreseen, to some extent. …However, it has been Chernobyl that has demonstrated tremendous destroying impact on socio-psychologic sphere of vast masses of population – up to 6,000,000 of people (including Kiev inhabitants, suffered, in fact, but not recognized officially, as such ones)” (Sayenko, 1996, p. 3). “The residents of ‘clean’ areas do not differ in the least, in their socio-psychological self-appraisals, from the residents of radioactively contaminated territories. This fact indicates that the radius of socio-psychologic impact is vastly larger than the radius of [the] radioactively suffered territory” (Sayenko, 1996, p. 5).

Some of the more alarming statistics from Dr. Sayenko’s research include:

· 60% reported being fearful of eating food

· 60% reported feeling fearful, helpless, unable to sleep and short of temper

· 20% noted a lack of appetite

· 30% reported they had lost interest in living

· 45% answered the question, “What do you intend to do to find a way out of this difficult situation?” with “Nothing.”

· The majority of the population is in an “infantile” emotional state; they have become a “community of the doomed,” relying mainly upon God, sometimes on themselves, their close relatives, and state aid, for their life.

· 90% are only able to concentrate on their own health, and the health of their children and other close relatives. “The population, irrespective of residence area and degree of its radioactive contamination, is fully concentrated on the problems of elementary survival” (Sayenko, 1996, p. 5).

unfortunately, the japanese are following the same responce to contamination so it follows that japan will follow! :(

• ItsJustMetal ItsJustMetal

law has no place in an emergency

• CB CB

There is the unwritten Law, the common universal laws that are self evident, and the laws of God. The same laws that tell a grown man to fight for whats right, the same reason your here on this page. There’s questions here needing manswers, and we are here to get them, to ask the hard questions, and face obstructed justice for the @*&#tards in office.

• CB CB

Well being asked to bring a solution with every problem I have, know the powers that be are viewing our every post, my immediate recommendation is this,
          1-Remove the Military industrial complex close association with the Government at all costs.
          2-Remove the Nuclear Power influence on the Government at all costs.
          3-Create a new entity witch is not associated with government influence to monitor government relationships with the power industry.

• Those wishing to fall in love with Yamagata may wish to see Omohide Poro Poro (region 2 only; I will not post link of online access, as the legality is dubious):

A wonderful movie. It’s worth pointing, over and over, that this disaster has happened among some of the world’s best farmers, with hundreds of generations of skill-building and respect for the land and nature. It’s beyond sad.

• J.Tuisku

Song for Tokyo, Bruce Cockburn.

They’re getting prepared to haul a car out of the river
    Noise and smoke and concrete seem to be going on forever
    Grinding gears and drivers getting high on exhaust
    I’m thinking about the water down below and what got lost

Pachinko jingle and space torpedo beams
    Comic book violence and escaping steam
    Grey suited business men pissing against the wall –
    Cut to crumbling guardrail, slow motions car fall

Oh Tokyo — I never can sleep in your arms
    Mind keeps on ringing like a fire alarm
    Me and all these other dice bouncing around in the cup
    Did you have to show me that accident scene
    Didn’t I get enough shaking up?
    Still I’m gonna miss you…

Dragon of good fortune struggles with trickster fox
    Energy and patience and the power of the buck
    Tonight I’m flying headlong
    To meet the dark red edge of dawn
    I know somebody will be crying
    And somebody will be gone

Oh Tokyo — I never can sleep in your arms
    Mind keeps on ringing like a fire alarm
    Me and all these other dice bouncing around in the cup
    Did you have to show me that accident scene
    Didn’t I get enough shaking up?
    Still I’m gonna miss you…

• arclight arclight

just wondering if the radioactive sewage wasnt caused by rainwater/groundwater (sewage systems run seperately to rainwater run off) but by the summer feed given to livestock and/or the fish and or the drinking supply? jams and other concentrates/preserves, recent canned produce…the list is endless!! they need to concentrate on food testing, ive put some info on the latest cow article about testing, agencies etc!