Toxic truth about Japan’s ‘miracle’: Post-tsunami harmony is a myth and the reality is startlingly different, Daily Mail by Richard Jones, June 18, 2011:
TEPCO was able to control information through the age-old system of Press Clubs, where the government provides information to selected media.
But The Mail on Sunday spoke to sources inside the Japanese nuclear industry who knew that radiation readings spiked 155 miles south of Fukushima, immediately after the first explosion. They were told by officials to keep the findings quiet.
Published: June 19th, 2011 at 8:06 am ET
- Top UK Newspaper Headline: Fukushima cancer risk ‘played down to aid nuclear industry’ February 28, 2013
- Cesium-137 levels 100 times normal levels in Osaka, 350 miles SW of Fukushima — First-ever detection of cesium-134 May 19, 2011
- 392 nSv/hr today in South Korea (VIDEO) June 16, 2011
- Explosion Danger at Reactor No. 1? Worker says hydrogen levels over 4% in pipe leading to Containment Vessel — Mainichi: “Danger of explosion” if over 4% September 23, 2011
- 5.77 microsieverts per hour of radiation measured near Tokyo at ground level — Gov’t “is desperately trying to keep it quiet” (VIDEO) June 7, 2011