Arnie Gundersen on Five O’clock Shadow with Robert Knight, WBAI, Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:00 pm EDT:
Excerpts from interview with nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen, at ~22:00 in
- Obviously Japan is a messs, but we also found in the Cascades, that’s in the Pacific Northwest… Local contamination throughout the Cascades on the order of 100 disintegrations per second in around 2 pounds of dirt [~100 becquerels per kilogram, approaching the levels of many areas in Japan that are relatively close to Fukushima (See Below)]…
- If you’re in the Cascades, perhaps you need to wash your shoes and wash your vegetables and things like that…
- There’s going to be a little bit of cesium in all our foods…. it’s going to ultimately get in very low concentrations in our food… not true in the Cascades. There’s other things we should be doing there.
Listen to the full broadcast here: http://archive.wbai.org/files/mp3/wbai_111110_170058fiveshadow.mp3
Via yesterday’s Telegraph:
It is also likely [farm] production is “partially impacted in neighbouring provinces such as Iwate, Miyagi, Yamagata, Niigata, Tochigi, Ibaraki and Chiba where values of more than 250 becquerels per kilogram cannot be excluded”, [according to a newly published study].
Published: November 16th, 2011 at 6:34 am ET
- Gundersen: If in Oregon, Wash., Calif. you need to demand officials test how Fukushima fallout has affected rivers and fish — Significant radiation hit west coast and settled in on Cascades (VIDEO) December 8, 2011
- Scientists “Especially Worried”: “We don’t know how the pathogen is doing this” — Sea star broke in half, walked away, then turned to goo — ‘Environmental factors’ to blame? — Hundreds wash up dead in Seattle (VIDEO) November 12, 2013
- Fairewinds President: Organic farm in Portland stopped producing food after radiation tests — “Very frightening what happened on West Coast” (VIDEO) March 26, 2012
- Expert on US, Canada: We’ll see a statistically meaningful increase in cancer from Fukushima on west coast — After Japan, the most radioactive area is Cascade Mountains — Portland had cesium at 100 Bq/m² (VIDEO) December 22, 2011
- Mystery: Dozen miles of dead squid wash ashore in California — Researchers have no idea why (PHOTO & VIDEO) December 12, 2012