Full broadcast here
Title: Cindy Folkers and Kimberly Roberson on Health Effects of Fukushima
Source: WGDR Radio, Personal and Political
Author: Stephanie Fraser
Date: Oct 3, 2012
At ~4:00 in
Cindy Folkers, Radiation and Health Specialist, Beyond Nuclear: There are studies that came out of Belarus that came out after Chernobyl had exploded, there was cesium deposition there, and what they found was that anything above 11 becquerels per kilogram… in a child’s system and you start to see heart problems.
You get a little higher than that, you start to see female hormone imbalance, nerve issues, a whole host of issues that we wouldn’t have necessarily associated with radiation in the past.
Published: October 5th, 2012 at 12:34 pm ET
- Japanese Doctor: Children’s health problems increasing — Incurable stomatitis, chest pain, nosebleeds that don’t stop, diarrhea April 18, 2012
- School Official in Fukushima: Almost every night parents come to our temple crying about kid’s health problems — My own children are sick and have diseases December 2, 2012
- Jiji: Many children appear “prone to sickness and weak” after 3/11 — Reuters: Many children with “immune system problems and listlessness” after Chernobyl September 11, 2012
- Worse than radioactive rain? After Fukushima, fallout was suspended near Earth’s surface without settling down, says new study — “Potentially a health risk, especially for children as they breathe closer to ground” April 25, 2012
- German Gov’t Study: Children living near nuclear plants have double leukemia rates, high incidence of solid cancers — Reactors cannot prevent radiation from escaping (VIDEO) October 22, 2011