Baton Rouge’s Morning News
1150 WJBO Radio
Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Stuart Smith, Attorney: This is a really an ongoing disaster. It’s going to continue to get worse. Hopefully the entire dome won’t collapse, but that’s what some geologists are predicting.
Host: You’ve got to believe that’s at least a possibility… I assume that’s one of the main reasons they don’t want those people back in their homes because if that thing does open up, and all that — who knows how big it will be — if it all just sinks on in.
Full broadcast here
Published: October 2nd, 2012 at 4:50 pm ET
- Sinkhole: Napoleonville Salt Dome Project hydrocarbon survey was over 50 square miles — Reported size of 1 mile by 3 miles only includes top of dome (PHOTO) October 16, 2012
- Sinkhole Briefing: Now testing ‘regionally’ for gas, up to 10-mile stretch of wells — “This could be going on for many years… Dome is going to continue to collapse” -Resident (VIDEO) September 30, 2012
- TV: Worse than giant sinkhole? Louisiana sheriff concerned about bubbling above salt dome, contacts Gov. Jindal (VIDEO) March 21, 2013
- Top Expert: Fears Napoleonville salt dome to continue to break up below giant sinkhole; “An underground Mt. Everest” — Over 50 caverns inside, some with explosive gas December 15, 2012
- Sinkhole Geologist: The outer edge of the salt dome, best we can tell it’s gone… at the location of the cavern (VIDEO) October 24, 2012