Title: Spud talks w/Joe Harrison about the sinkhole
Source: WWL AM 870
Date: February 14, 2013
At 12:45 in
Host: You’re looking to build a levee around the hole to keep the chemicals that are seeping out from seeping into the marshes, causing fish kills and whatever other kind of disaster. But where do you determine to build the levee, the ring levee, because the hole is getting bigger and bigger? Will it not just eventually collapse the levee or is this just going to buy you time until you have to figure out what to do with this hole?
Louisiana State Representative Joe Harrison: This last thing you said is probably true. We were initially told that it was stable and they could move forward with this. That again is the unknown, its untested science that we’re dealing with and it’s kind of frightening we don’t have a handle on this thing yet, and we don’t know exactly what needs to be done.
Published: February 19th, 2013 at 2:34 pm ET
- Watch: New video shows massive section of levee disappeared after days of tremors at Louisiana sinkhole — “Swallowed fairly quickly” overnight Monday June 5, 2013
- Official: All of these chemicals are coming out of ground by Louisiana sinkhole — Actually the chemical compounds are mixing together… some still not identified (AUDIO) February 19, 2013
- Officials: Giant sinkhole growing in a way “that could not have been predicted”? — “A lot of heads are being put together as we speak” June 5, 2013
- Blown up levee caused 3 to 4 inch rise in water level coming down Missouri River — Just half an inch is considered a fairly big event July 1, 2011
- Levee intentionally blown up near Ft. Calhoun nuke plant — “No gov’t entity had anything to do with the detonation” said local officials July 1, 2011