Voice of Russia – US Edition, Jan. 15, 2014:
7:30 in — Paul C. Garner, attorney for Navy sailors exposed to Fukushima radioactive contamination: They’re out there in the elements breathing it in, soaking it in. According to Lindsay Cooper who was on the deck, it started to snow and then she tasted this metallic taste in her mouth, and so did the others. And they were having snow ball fights and joking around about it, until they were warned that it was radioactive and they should not be doing that.
9:45 in — Garner: They were considered to be too highly radioactive [...] The Reagan sailed around for weeks before they could find a friendly port to land in. By that time the people on board were pretty well toast. And the Reagan itself became contaminated. After that the Reagan spent a year and half in Bremerton, Washington for what they considered to be routine maintenance, but it was anything but routine. They decontaminated the vessel as best they could, and they shipped the contaminated debris over to Hanford.
13:00 in — Garner: They didn’t have any prior family histories of leukemias, incessant bleeding from their anus or from their vagina, they didn’t have problems with their vision like Louie Viernes who’s on the Washington now, who’s blind in one eye. […] There’s just too many people at the same place at the same time without any family background or any reason to believe that they have these issues, to now show up with these significant cancers and beyond.
See also: NY Post: Snow falling on Navy ship caused by Fukushima radioactive steam... "Is that aluminum foil I taste?" -- Sailor: People were defecating on themselves in hallways from excruciating diarrhea -- Officer: We saw radiation 300 times 'safe' levels (VIDEO)
Published: January 16th, 2014 at 2:20 pm ET
- Another 20 Navy Sailors: USS Ronald Reagan crew with thyroid cancers, leukemia, brain tumors, bleeding, blindness after Fukushima disaster — Young kids developing problems — Gov’t and Tepco involved in major conspiracy (AUDIO) December 12, 2013
- New data shows babies missing brains at 2,500% national rate in county by nuclear site — Mother: Officials “shut me down the minute I mentioned Hanford!… WE NEED ANSWERS!” — Experts: No birth defect is more extreme; It’s the most significant impact of radiation on developing embryos (AUDIO) November 30, 2014
- Video: I know this sounds incredible… but there’s 40 miles of unlined trenches used for dumping radioactive waste at leaking U.S. nuclear site #Hanford March 5, 2013
- Radio: Uranium-contaminated plume covers 125 acres at U.S. nuclear site — Over 300 lbs. of uranium a year flowing into Columbia River (AUDIO) #Hanford July 30, 2013
- Emergency plan activated after ‘massive’ crack found in dam near nuclear site — Official: ‘Serious problem’; Failure risk ‘sufficiently high’ — NOAA: “Potential for rapid increase in flows” — Gov’t: Flooding could release radioactive waste from Hanford (VIDEO) March 2, 2014