SolarIMG podcast with Arnie Gundersen from Fairewinds, August 13th, 2011:
Arnie is an energy advisor with 39-years of nuclear power engineering experience. A former nuclear industry senior vice president, he earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in nuclear engineering, holds a nuclear safety patent, and was a licensed reactor operator.
Download the 19 minute broadcast here.
At 8:45 in
- We’re going to see another year of these rainouts
- Rainout= When hot particles get dropped from radioactive clouds during rainstorms
- Officials say radiation levels are minute and present no health risk… I am working with scientists who are publishing a paper that will definitively prove that to be wrong
- Rainouts are occurring not just in Pacific NW… we will continue to see rainouts
Published: August 14th, 2011 at 12:48 pm ET
- Gundersen: Radioactive plume to impact West Coast in a year — Not going away after it hits… likely to only get stronger — Fukushima will keep releasing contamination for years to come — Must demand officials test fish and make data public (AUDIO) August 27, 2013
- Fairewinds: Hot particles bombarded west coast of US and Canada — Contaminated farms and some food sources in US — Radioactive debris island twice size of Texas crossing Pacific December 27, 2011
- Gundersen: Some debris coming across Pacific has to be contaminated — I hope they have their inspectors out checking for radiation (AUDIO) April 1, 2012
- Scientific Conference: Fukushima a global threat to human health — Radioactivity in food web off Pacific Northwest to “significantly increase” after one year — Salmon forecast to exceed Japan radiation limit — “Major concern for public health of coastal communities” (POSTER) December 31, 2014
- Senior Scientist: Plume of Fukushima nuclear material from initial releases to reach U.S. West Coast before August 2014 — Will continue for years as contamination never stopped flowing into ocean (AUDIO) August 9, 2013