Report: Radiation found in whales in Japan, Japan Today, June 15, 2011:
Radioactive cesium was detected in two minke whales caught off the coast of Kushiro, Hokkaido, a whalers’ association said Tuesday.
Radioactive cesium detected from 2 whales+, AP, June 14, 2011:
During the research whaling that started in late April, 17 whales were caught, and researchers examined six of them. Of the six, two were found tainted with 31 becquerels and 24.3 becquerels of cesium per kilogram of whale meat, they said.
Report: Radiation found in whales in Japan, Trend June 14, 2011:
Radioactive caesium was detected from two minke whales caught off a city on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, 650 kilometres north-east of a damaged nuclear plant, a news report said Tuesday.
Published: June 15th, 2011 at 1:39 am ET
- Radioactive Fish: All 21 samples caught 50+ km from Fukushima plant exceeded maximum cesium level August 9, 2011
- Radioactive particles on seafloor at over 1,000 times normal level — 20 km from Fukushima plant May 3, 2011
- Fish near Fukushima at 4000% above Codex Alimentarius limit for radioactive I-131 — Yet US says eating it poses NO health risk April 5, 2011
- High-level radiation found over 300 km stretch off Fukushima — “Reconcentration” of radioactive substances observed… TEPCO had said it would significantly dilute in ocean May 28, 2011
- Argentum-110m detected in marine life: China researchers — All water samples contain strontium-90 August 24, 2011