Reactor No. 3: Containment vessel not holding air pressure — Gas may be leaking from damaged part of container, says TEPCO (VIDEO)
TEPCO checking for gas leak from No. 3 reactor, NHK, July 15, 2011:
[...] Tokyo Electric Power Company has injected more than 200 cubic meters of nitrogen into the [No. 3] reactor’s containment vessel since Thursday evening. But it says the interior air pressure has increased very little.
TEPCO says gas may be leaking from a damaged part of the container. [...]
Watch video here.
- NHK: “The unimaginable was happening” — Workers say part of Reactor 2 containment vessel destroyed — After alarming pressure readings, “we heard a loud bang… pressure is now zero” (VIDEO) August 18, 2012
- Tepco Adviser: I pointed out that bottom of containment vessel was possibly damaged (VIDEO) September 13, 2012
- New pics of Reactor No. 3 show crane has collapsed onto leaking containment vessel (VIDEO) October 20, 2011
- Official: Container of No.3 reactor feared damaged and leaking “high-level” radiation March 16, 2011
- TEPCO: Unit 2 containment vessel leaking nuclear radiation (VIDEO) April 18, 2011