Nuclear Hotseat hosted by Libbe HaLevy, Mar 10, 2015 (emphasis added): Translated interview with Prof. Hiroaki Koide, Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute (at 31:30 in) – “Because of the radiation dispersed due to the accident a large area of Japan… has been contaminated… It looks like the national government is simply going to abandon these people. Moreover, surrounding the 386 square mile evacuation zone where these people live, there is a 5,400 square mile [14,000 square kilometer] area that is heavily contaminated. If Japan were a country under the rule of law, this would be a restricted access area where people should not be allowed to live due to radiation. The several million people who live there have been cast aside and told if you want to leave, go ahead and do it on your own. The government feigns ignorance. These millions of people, including children and infants, go about their daily lives in this area being exposed to radiation as if there’s no problem at all… I think this is very bizarre. Additionally there has been no resolution at the accident site… from my vantage point, the accident is not under control at all.”
Green Cross International (NGO founded by Mikhail Gorbachev, former President of the Soviet Union), Mar 11, 2015: 32 million people in Japan still exposed to radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster… according to the 2015 Fukushima Report now available from Green Cross… [They are] at potential risk from both long and short-term consequences… Japan is expected to see increased cancer risk… Chernobyl and the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant disasters were categorized as level 7 events – defined as a major release of radioactive material, with widespread effects, requiring planned and extended countermeasures… “However, the number of people affected by radiation in Japan has tripled compared to Chernobyl,” said Nathalie Gysi of Green Cross Switzerland… water leakage at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant remains a problem four years after… There continue to be… rising doubts over the safety of seafood, such as radioactivity levels in tuna and other fish… The Fukushima Report was prepared under the direction of [Dr. Jonathan M. Samet, MD, Professor at the USC School of Medicine and chair of Preventive Medicine]… using the same measurement standards as a similar 2012 study on Chernobyl… The lives of approximately 42 million people have been permanently affected by radioactive contamination caused by… Chernobyl and Fukushima Daiichi… Continued exposure to low-level radiation, entering the human body on a daily basis through food intake, is of particular consequence.
Published: March 14th, 2015 at 7:32 pm ET
- Japan Gov’t: Tokyo area hit with ‘unnoticed’ wave of Fukushima radioactive material — Newspapers: “Heavily contaminated… High-concentration radiation” — Prime Minister: “We were right on the verge” of evacuating 50 million people (AUDIO) September 8, 2014
- Top Official: Over 60 million Japanese irradiated by Fukushima — Nuclear Expert: 50,000 sq. miles of Japan highly contaminated… Many millions need to be evacuated… Gov’t has decided to sacrifice them, it’s a serious crime — TV: More than 70% of country contaminated by radiation (VIDEOS) April 12, 2016
- Officials: “Trillions of becquerels of radioactive material still flowing into sea” at Fukushima — Map shows nuclear waste coming up from bottom of ocean far offshore — Japan TV Journalist: “Contaminated seawater will circulate around globe… disaster like a huge cloth expanding everyday” (VIDEO) August 11, 2015
- Video: 10 million people in Japan have been abandoned in high radiation areas after Fukushima — Kanto Region extremely contaminated March 13, 2013
- Official: Japan will be ruined if public doesn’t realize they’re being exposed to Fukushima radiation — “99.99% of the people are being sacrificed” — Rest of world will be taken down too (AUDIO) March 12, 2014