Published: July 13th, 2011 at 10:57 am ET

Radiation check in Japan, asuperdry, July 12, 2011:

I got the test results back from the 2 different labs that I sent soil samples to, and it was found to be much higher. 23,663 Bq/Kg of Cesium-134 and 28,884 Bq/Kg of Cesium-137

52,547 Bq/Kg Off Cesium Radiation Found In Soil Just Outside Tokyo, Alexander Higgins, July 13, 2011:

[Emphasis Added]

I live in japan 135 miles / 220 Km south of Fukushima, in Kashiwa. I had the soil in Kashiwa professionally tested here are the official results for the levels of Cesium-137 and 134 and Iodine-131 only. No lab in Japan offers testing for any of the other dangerous radioactive elements like Plutonium / Strontium / Tellurium or Curium, all elements that were released in the explosion Use these results as you see fit, yes I know the results are nothing less than horrifying, what is even more terrifying is that the soil sample was taken from the side of the street where children walk everyday and not from where the elements could accumulate. This is the Cesium-137/134 and Iodine-131 levels of the soil in Kashiwa, that I had sent in and officially tested by a lab here in Japan. Jon-in-Japan

Published: July 13th, 2011 at 10:57 am ET

1. 600 km from Fukushima: High levels of cesium detected in Osaka Bay soil -Report January 16, 2012
  2. 10,000,000 Bq/kg of cesium detected in Minamisoma soil sample -Local Official May 16, 2012
  3. Cesium-137 in soil 40 km NW of Fukushima Daiichi more than highest levels found at Chernobyl March 26, 2011
  4. Over 350 pCi/kg radioactive cesium detected in Sacramento, CA manure sample collected August 16 September 7, 2011
  5. Cesium-134 and -137 detected in sand from San Francisco Bay Area yard July 15, 2012

129 comments to Report: 50,000+ Bq/kg of radioactive cesium found in soil near Tokyo — “Terrifying” that sample was from side of street where children walk everyday

• Why haven’t we seen anyone doing checks of street drains, downspouts in Ca., Wash., Or. or anywhere else for that matter ?
    We have seen the rain in cars being detected, does anyone have a video link to readings here in the states or Canada ?

• Whoopie Whoopie

TY Enenews posted to HP

• girlygrrll

If I had a geiger counter, I’d visit my local Trader Joe’s and H-Mart….

• SteveMT

Correct! Who has a Geiger to check? No one can get their hands on one. I ordered 3 last April on a 6 month delay. I’m still waiting. Will we still be alive to test is the question? Will we still want to know by then?

• alasanon

FYI, TJ’s sources quite a bit from S. America…;)

• ocifferdave

If I worked at an autoshop I would test each airfilter and ask the customer where they have been driving (ie road trip to State Such and Such, stayed in town, etc). Then compile the data into OpenOffice’s excel-like spread sheet and share it with you. That would be cool. However, I do computer repair and those computers collect dust in the house. I could test those for inside the house contamination. I’ll just have to figure out how to use the new/old 1960′s yellow Geiger counter my job gave me (I have to keep them at work…where i could test the work computers i swap out).

• I wonder if OSHA has sent out Warnings and Special handling on these garages across the States, HAS-MAT Attire required special radioactive handling classes,… Nah !!

• Whoopie Whoopie

Great idea. I wonder what you could/would find out.

• When test were done the amount of air a human would breath using filters, the filters contained hot particles, nuke fleas for that anount of air that one would have taken in !

• jump-ball

I’ve been suggesting that auto, AC and HEPA filters taken of service in February and kept indoors away from rain and wind, should be comparison tested with identical filters used since 3/11.

Detectors made available to mechanics working with these filters could show the contamination they are working with and maybe reveal some surprising comparisons.

• lokay5

I have a CDV 700 B Geiger counter. I checked our Durango’s air filter element mid-March and read zero above background. Same with the roof drainpipe outlets. I checked them this week and I get the same reading; practically nothing. As “hot” as the air must be, I figure that the unit is just not sensitive enough. I’m in Oregon so I’m sure we must be getting some fallout. I guess I jus’ ain’t doin’ it right.

• radegan

Occifer, there’s a few videos online that tell you how to use that. I have one myself. The hard part is finding the batteries. They’re D-Cell, but an obsolete type and not easy to find. Buy a lot if you find them. I gather it hasn’t been calibrated so it’s use may be limited, but even uncalibrated, the tube still functions and gives readings. The ratio between those readings will likely be accurate even if the actual reading isn’t. What I read now in FL is 1/5th of the readings I took in late March….Plus, they look cool and make great paperweights. Careful, some of them have a dot of uranium on them as a calibration aid.

• Undertow

Are there any links on how to measure food or soil? The problem with monitoring by holding it in the air is that most of the radiation emitted (which seems to be beta) would be blocked. Both alpha and beta don’t travel more than a few inches in the air. Gamma does travel much further, but it is not a significant part of radiation from Iodine/Cesium.

I have a Geiger counter and a test sample that emits alpha, beta, and gamma. I’ve confirmed it. If the test sample is more than about 1 foot from the geiger counter then the alpha/beta is not picked up.

Long story short, if you hold the Geiger counter up in the air, several feet up, you won’t measure much. The alpha/beta products emitters settled several feet below on the ground wont be detected. It needs to be held very close to the ground. Are there any links to describe how food should be measured?

• amateur de nihon cha

I am sorry, but I am not OK with the way you release these news on the web.
    I live part time in Europe, part time in Japan, so believe me I’m aware of what happens, better than you in some ways, and what happens does scare me. Yet I wonder what kind of readers are your target. US – Globish people in Japan? From the comments I read on your site, I would guess they are just US folks with no problems
    getting excited on their PC. Very low level.
    What the f..k if peaches are 2 x over legal in L.A. US ? The US spread so much more with the N. tests.. Did they care before, or afterwards?
    Kashiwa has a very peculiar geographic place. Kind of place where the leaves. sand and rubbish stockpile,and so does rad levels. It makes it a Hot-spot in the panther-like map of rad-contamination.
    Are you so ignorant that you yell “ho ho it is so near from Tokyo”! What you don’t even know it seems is that Tokyo is just as well a city and a prefecture. The west part of Tokyo is just mountains with a few temples.
    Now please hire a Japanese person who can understand these matters, unless snake oil is your feed. You earn enough money wth your ads to do that, I would think.

• Whoopie Whoopie

I think we’re all learning as we go along here. I personally appreciate Enenews for helping to get any and all news out. There has been a News Blackout for the most part. Stay safe. :)

• I think that people here do the best they can with what they have. And geographic knowledge is weaker in the US than elsewhere. I think we would love to have our knowledge and awareness raised by your perspective and regular participation.

• Whoopie Whoopie

I agree. It would be most welcome amateur de nihon cha. It sounds like you could help us alot. There are a few other Japanese Regulars here who help us understand what’s going on in Japan. Might you too?

• Terranigma1 Terranigma1

FWIW, we forum posters are responding to 3 COMPLETE NUCLEAR CORE MELTDOWNS, unprecedented in the history of this planet!

• Whoopie Whoopie

Maybe your right Keys. A Troll in disguise. And your DEFINITELY right Terra. 3 meltdowns prob more as we speak.

• Melt-throughs. Much worse than meltdowns.

An atmosphere full of genuine, measured and unmistakeable hot particles that are inside some of the posters here (including me, on the West Coast of N America) at an accumulated rate of 5 or 6 per day over 2 or 3 months (so far).

Also, a leaning reactor building ready to topple at any second from a probable force 8 earthquake in an extremely active earthquake zone.

“All bets are off”, on that scenario.

An ocean polluted with millions of gallons of contaminated water that is making its way to the Southern Hemisphere faster than anticipated.

Yes, we’re just a bunch of whiners, no question.

• DannieJ DannieJ

Yeah I was just about to wipe my face and move on with my life.

Good thing that there part of Tokyo is just a few mountains and whatever – a temple or something.

Things melt all the time, big whoop.

/sarcasm.

• Sickputer

>Melt-throughs. Much worse than meltdowns.

And add the third M: Melt-outs. The 5000 degree corium lava is on the move! Where she stops nobody knows…but I doubt a remote-controlled bulldozer will stop it.

• Hey amateur de nihon cha,

Here’s the scoop on Tokyo:

E.V.A.C.U.A.T.E

You’ve been warned.

(It gets worse from here on, much worse).

• You do know the French have much to lose if Nuke Plants are stopped !

• VanneV anne

Yes. The French are producing MOX for the rest of the world and building nuclear power plants around the world.

The US is in Libya because France wants Libya back. They didn’t sign the above ground test ban treaty because they wanted to continue nuclear testing in Libya and on Pacific Islands.

• A little inspiration for those about to engage in the biggest fight of their lives.

I think the same demented psychology that brought us slavery continues to live on in various forms, but this guy didn’t back down:

William Wilberforce (24 August 1759 – 29 July 1833) was a British politician, a philanthropist and a leader of the movement to abolish the slave trade. A native of Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire, he began his political career in 1780, eventually becoming the independent Member of Parliament for Yorkshire (1784–1812).

In 1785, he underwent a conversion experience and became an evangelical Christian, resulting in major changes to his lifestyle and a lifelong concern for reform. In 1787, he came into contact with Thomas Clarkson and a group of anti-slave-trade activists, including Granville Sharp, Hannah More and Charles Middleton.

They persuaded Wilberforce to take on the cause of abolition, and he soon became one of the leading English abolitionists. He headed the parliamentary campaign against the British slave trade for twenty-six years until the passage of the Slave Trade Act 1807.

• NoNukes NoNukes

There are millions of other websites, amateur, why don’t you visit some that you do like instead of coming here?

• nuclearpowerisdeath

good lord, what a bunch of worthless bile you just spewed. Like another poster pointed out, largest nuclear incident in history, possibly bigger than all ever, but the problem is how THIS SITE talks about the news, instead of little benign say-nothing press releases scattered around the entire global press. You live halftime in Japan and because Tokyo is a different prefecture, somehow that leads to we need to hire a Japanese to help us understand nuclear. I know one Japanese I wouldn’t hire- YOU. Do you think maybe maybe you can come back with a logical argument instead of this incoherent mess.

Also, look at the underlying racism in the post, saying Americans should just knuckle up and eat the posions because our grandparent’s generation dropped the bomb. Do you know what the Jet Stream is? Where do you think that radioactive water your dumping in the ocean will go? No this affects all. I can’;t believee I’m even responding to this I can’t even type fast enough to address all the absurdities without thinking of new ones. JUST STFU if this all you have, a waste of time, I bet people who read it feel dumber for having done so.

• tony wilson

amateur de nihon cha

listen meathead if somebody craps on my doorstep i am going to hit them.

your rotten corrupt country has taken a dump in the ocean and in the jet stream.
      we all now around the world have a potential cancer bond.
      now this is not my idea of brotherly love.
      your evil government are burning millions of tons of rubble which is going into the jet stream.
      it is not enough for you to have fukishima you are killing us with the municipal cement and rubbish works.

you no nothing,your country is in denial,so shut up.
      and get back to your manga cartoon site.

• Finch Finch

First of all,we all know each other since the beginning of this blog. We are ordinary people with ordinary sorrows, fears, we have emotions and opinions. None of us thinks, he is something special. No one puts himself above the others. Everybody does his best. We have tin foil hats here and respect them. Respect merans: I do respect your opinion, yet this is not my opinion. So, we agree to disagree. We have retired Professors here and young women who are afraid whats gonna happen to their babies.We have all the broad variety here.
      Fear is human. We try to do something against it. Best way is to spread knowöedge and information. Feel free to stay here and share your wisdom with the others. If you try to appear in aggressive ways, then better leave this blog, as there are many others. Peace.

• amateur de nihon cha

It’s getting hot in here so I will just say how I handle my little problem of living in Tokyo pref. now. Avoid avoidable contamination. Leave the shoes at the door – it is Japan here, so OK. Shower back at home. We don’t use coolers. Check food: where it is from. Never buy cheap food. Do not trust: just pay. Buy only in expensive food shops (so a cheaper diet than usual). There are bio farms in contaminated prefectures. Do not eat in cheap restaurants or food places. In fact we do not eat in any restaurants. Wash carefully the fruits and vege, peel them. Do not eat brocoli, calyflour, salad, spinach, herbs nor milk. The tap water here is OK (from western Tokyo). The only seafood that is sure safe is fish species from south Japan only. That’s not a lot. There will be problems with rice, but later.
      Have parties and eat at your friend’s.
      The second thing to care about is not going nuts about contamination. Getting obsessed and paranoid does not protect you. Keep an eye on the sunny side of life.

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

I will be called a Troll maybe, but being in India, I also get sometimes an unpleasant feeling reading the posts here.

Let me first say that I do tremendously appreciate the information provided by the Admin. This is for sure, in these days of cover up.

And I do appreciate tremendously the links provided my many of those who regularly post here. I explored many of them, and thus also discovered new channels of precious information and analysis about what is happening in the world.

But YES, reading about the posts, I often get the feeling “they are just US folks with no problems
      getting excited on their PC.”

I think those who replied to your post by urging you to share whatever your know did very well.
      Those who suggested you leave if you don’t like enenews, I don’t agree. We all need enenews, nd it is here for all to get news.

But maybe we could post more meaningful posts and less emotional or egoistic posts?
      It takes hours everyday to read all the posts, and sometimes they contain nothing useful or nutrious (Jokes are very nutritious, BTW)…
      So we could all sort of try to cheer each other up and share only reliable information that will truly help others. Not just react with “Oh my God!” or “At least I have safe vegetables growing in my own private garden or safe water in my private well, but just for me guys.”

Don’t you think so, or are critics impossible?

Anyway, tolerance is a key if we want to surive as a species.
      Even here we are put on the test ;)
      Peace.

• Todays update up. Sorry for the delay.

• VanneV anne

On the TEPCO live cam #4 is spewing smoke, the Centralized Waste Radiation Treatment facility is so covered in smoke you can’t see anything. The heat signature around #2, #3, and #4 is horrible.

• LG Electronics, Hitachi to form joint venture in water business
    Business Jul. 12, 2011 – TOKYO
    LG Electronics Inc and Hitachi Plant Technologies Ltd said Monday they have agreed to establish a joint venture in the water business. LGE, Hitachi Ltd and Hitachi Plant Technologies will combine LGE’s strength in marketing, planning and manufacturing technology with the Hitachi Group’s technological and engineering strengths in water treatment systems and information control systems, to expand in the water business…

I wonder why electronics business would want to get into the treatment systems !

• paulr421

LG and Hitachi are not just electronic businesses. I know in the West these two companies are known for their electronics however these two companies are so big they are whole cities in themselves and make everything from computer chips right up to heavy industry machinary, think diggers, cranes, ships etc. They also cover whole service sectors such as financing and banking.

• TraderGreg

Amateur – that’s why we nee to boycott everything ‘made in japan’. The morons like you: dangerous, and sniffing the Japanese goverment propaganda, while poisoning the entire planet. The only thing that you can say to all of us is ‘I am sorry for causing this’.

We have the worst nuclear accident in history, still ongoing, and you come up with this idiotic shit, directed to us????

• VanneV anne

Here is a 5.0 earthquake I missed on July 13 (JST) from USGS 6.91 miles (11.2 km) from Fukushima Daiichi and 1.23 miles (1.987 km) from Fukushima Daiini:
    Magnitude5.0 Date-Time
    • Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 20:47:11 UTC
    • Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 05:47:11 AM at epicenter

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 05:47:11 AM – Seoul, Tokyo
    Location37.333°N, 141.016°E Depth10 km (6.2 miles)
    Coordinates of Fukushima #1 37.233 141.015; Fukushima #2 37.317 141.026
    These two nuclear power plants are 5.84 miles (9.391 km) apart.

• VanneV anne

I just called Senator Udall’s Washington office at 202-224-5941 and talked to a staff member. He listened to me go on and on and I also told him that I will do everything in my power to have the senator recalled if he votes tomorrow for nuclear power. The Democratic platform in Colorado when Senator Udall was nominated said NO SUBSIDIES to nuclear power. Surely money for research and for loans is a taxpayer subsidy.

• 52,547 Bq/Kg Off Cesium Radiation Found In Soil Just Outside Tokyo

Continue reading on Examiner.com 52,547 Bq/Kg Off Cesium Radiation Found In Soil Just Outside Tokyo – Jersey City Civil Rights | Examiner.com

• matina matina

As for the peaches:

81 cpm equal 2.997 Bq
    The absoped body dose of 2.997 Bq
    is 0.32967 microSieverts

The EPA limit is 10microSieverts per year or 0.01mSv/year (milliSieverts)
    if you eat all year only 30 of this peaches and nothing else you will have reached this yearly limit

And dont forget to add a sprinkle of alpha particles which are not gamma emitters and therefor could not have been detected. Alpha emitters are the most dangerous when ingested out of all other radioisotops and cose the most biological damage

• matina matina

Instead of trying to change them or the situation which will take for ever we like minded people should all get together to build our own happy village somewhere south of this hemisphere. We are all kind of scared doing the move alone but if we maybe get together we could help each other and oh……for once our neighbores would not think of us as crazy…………

• Not a bad idea. New Zealand is a nuke-free zone already [is it not?].

And, I have citizenship (born there).

You’ll have to learn how to like excessive quantities of beer, rugby and sheep (although that comes naturally to some of them outbackers).

:D

• matina matina

spend there some time skiing+hiking and fell deeply in love with NZ…will never forgett the clean,crisp air…………….

• Finch Finch

It’s not that bad in European countries as well.

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

Hummm, I am French… We have hundreds of nuclear things everywhere all over the country.
            New Zealand not bad, but anyway what we all will all need to learn is how to produce our own food.
            Not too much time for beer and rugby, I guess, then, as producing food without messing the earth with chemicals is a tough job.

• VanneV anne

There are communities in Europe of people who live without any electricity because they are sensitive to electricity.

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

There is one permanent community in Sweden only, for those who are hyper sensitive to elecro-magnetic fields. My mum is in that case, but she still can live in cities.
        There are temporary shelters in the Alps, one in France and one in Italy. These sites have to be away from cities, to avoid electromagnetic pollution. They are not protected against radioactivity.

Beware your mobile, it is now proven it gives brain cancer (report by WHO about 3 weeks ago). DO NOT allow kids to use mobile, there skull is too thin to stop the waves. Brain cancer in children is in full bloom in the 21st century.

Hyper-electro-sensitivity is the new sickness of the 21st century.

Fukushima is bringing more cancers, (more may imply millions or billions) but the trend started 60 years ago. So, please mind your mobile and learn to use it in a less dangerous way (many more practical explanations on the Next-Up website)

Remember to love your neighbors and family!
        Peace

• theypoisonus

I’m with you, but my DH isn’t ready to admit it.
      I’m in the process of getting a clerical error back in 1947 fixed as one letter of my first name was miss spelled. This little one letter change is costing us $1100.00 and the creeps / overlords in FL want my fingerprints for doing this!!

I am over mad ! My lawyer is well aware of all the ‘information gathering’ that the Patriot Act and ”homeland secutiry” are forcing down our throats.
      He tried to get them to waive that , but they said it was the law and could not be waived.

If I had not done this, I would probably not, under the NWO guidelines, be able to get a Passport, so that is why I am pressing on.. I really don’t care that it would be misspelled on my dr. lic. and vehicle reg., but eventually I would have had to go through this for the FEDS anyhow :(

This country has gone completely insane IMHO. I don’t even recognize this country anymore. It is as bad as it was during Macarthyism or worse.

Meanwhile, they “protect” us by not being open and forthright about possible radiation contamination. I don’t know about any of you, but I’m 65, and I sure don’t ned to be protected from knowledge, I am quite capable of protecting myself IF I have the proper information. I haven’t been a child for decades !!
      This all smacks of facism or worse, which btw, we are horribly close to facism with corporate takeover of our govt. along with the military complex.

I am sick at heart for “my homeland”.

We should probably feel lucky that there haven’t been more shills coming here.

end of rant. :)

• matina matina

It took me many years to realise that this oligarchic-greedy-tyrants that run things BEHIND the scenes dont give a s”*t about the ‘homeland’….this feelings are just cultivated in the masses so they can be easily manipulated ….die for your homeland…..blablabla…..they don’t give….their homeland is a tax free heaven

• theypoisonus

Every word in your comment is 100% Truth !!

and yes, I didn’t ‘see’ it earlier either, however since Aug. of last year I have been devoting countless hours of reading and it is all too clear that it has been going on for decades, they are just terribly blantant about it now !

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

Perhaps one or two countries may have governments that care, but I do not see much difference between the US response to these disasters and Japan’s.

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

Yes, there are countries on earth with leaders who care, and you know what? The US are trying to destroy them, because caring about your people means you don’t put US leaders interest first.
            See the South American NAtice Indians leaders in Venezuela and Bolivia. See how the CIA tried to kill them. See what is happening in Libya and Sirya. Do you this NATo bombing daily Libya with Depleted Uranium missiles is trying to protect the people of Libya? They are contaminating the land for 4.5 billions years, they care nothing about the people, and want to get rid of the local leaders who do care.
            Cover up and lies are not only in nuke, NATO and the US are telling you lies about their dirty wars in the world.

• Yes, it makes me sick to the bone, and I don’t even live there.

I’m in Canada, which is trying to emulate the U.S. style of fascism.

The “democratic deficit” they call it. Euphemistically known as an undue concentration of power in the PMO (Prime Minister’s Office) and PCO (Privy Council Office) – sidestepping the other two branches – legislative and judicial.

Our fascist system is ultimately headed by the Queen of England, who is supposed to act more in a ceremonial role – if you believe that.

• milk and cheese milk and cheese

I have been getting more and more nervous at the developments in Canada. I thought it would be different here, and it is not really that much.

• VanneV anne

There are flashes here and there on the live cam now:
    It is just starting to get light now.

• VanneV anne

Inside the Chernobyl Reactor (2006)
    On-going catastrophe gets worse and worse.

• matina matina

Just like the Troops in US War Zones get contaminated from their own radioactive weaponry; the people living in Japan are on a radioactive battleground now. They are in the same boat as US Troops; there is no way to win against tiny, invisible, deadly radioactive particles.
    Pee in the cup for the doctor.

Pee in the cup for the doctor.

The poisonous RadParticles will Zap you every time. Breathe them, eat them, or maybe they are so small they go right through your clothes and your skin. Whether it is a little and “fibromyalgia” or a lot of Rad and a quicker, agonizing death, only time will tell.

Whatever, praying to the goddess Morphine and adult diapers are your destiny now. Yea, many of you, along with the Japanese have already been killed deader than a doornail and are still walking

• matina matina

Radioactive contamination equivalent to the Fukushima, Japan disaster in terms of the hated “Mushroom Cloud” Atomic Bombs is two thousand (2,000) 500 Kiloton Atomic Bombs.* Each 500kt Atomic Bomb is 33 times bigger than the American Bomb that destroyed Hiroshima on August 6, 1945.

• matina matina

The seven billion people on Earth don’t have “six to nine months.” Every single day that goes by the radioactive Fukushima Volcano slaughters more of us – silently with deadly radiation now or, years from now, with the inevitable cancer pandemic that will follow.

The ten thousand trillion counts[2] of radiation gushing forth per hour bring mortal illness to many of us. Aye, maybe even for most of us our own deaths are written on the Fukushima Radioactive Volcano Wind.

• theypoisonus

I just checked the cam and it is very slow to load.. be patient. :)

• matina matina

Dr Paolo Scampa, a widely know EU Physicist, single handedly popularized the easily understood Lethal Doses concept. “Lethal Doses” is a world wide, well understood idea that strips Physics bare and offers a brilliant, understandable explanation for all the physics gobbledygook Intelligence agencies and their respective governments use to disguise the brutal truths of the Fukushima Daiichi Disaster.
    Fukushima from 21,000 ft TKY

Fukushima from 21,000 ft TKY

Three thousand billion (3,000,000,000,000) Lethal Doses of Radiation means there are 429 Lethal Doses chasing each and every one of us on the planet, to put it in a nutshell. This is up from about 70 Billion Lethal Doses March 23, 2011. It is getting worse everyday without any intervention by the US and the other nuclear powers.

VeteransToday calls on the world’s nuclear powers to intervene sooner rather than later. It is up to the world’s only remaining Super Power, the United States, to get the Japan Reactor Disaster Intervention meeting officially underway.

• Mark Mark

Nihon cha = Japanese tea so what is an amateur de Japanese tea? French speaking European spending time in Japan? Perhaps a Areva carpet-bagger selling water purification equipment that doesn’t work?

A shill always makes me realize I’m on the right track and sorry folks for wasting more screen space on it.

God Bless

• matina matina

They forced japans hand to bye that…..everyone knows that this can’t possibly help……just pi@&#^$ in the wind

I’m just sick of this…..how much fluoride do they put in the water?

Hello people wake up and run !!!!!!!!

• matina matina

We should put up a relocation thread, so we can get

• More horrible news coming from Japan, and it seems like the entire world has forgotten and just moved on, it’s very sad.

When will people start to care? or at least be advised to take precautions against it, it seems as though the Japanese authorities just don’t care about their own people.

http://www.newsblok.com – alternative news aggregator. Latest headlines from 35+ sites on one simple page. Includes the latest from Enenews and much more.

• nuclearpowerisdeath

cool idea. I’m getting an error for a google API, though. (Firefox with adblock and a hosts file)

• NoNukes NoNukes

lol. i’m gonna have to quit my job now. thanks, newsblok.

• arclight arclight

nice collection of links….aside from enenews, out of all the headlines only 2 or 3 concerning anything radioactive…mildly depressing! and from the alternative media too? self censorship? ratings chasing? pressurised/threatened in some way? i am aware that some of these sites have covered aspects of fukushima…but to ignore the evidence continually coming out?….on a weekly basis…they dont cover the wealth of info about chernobyl, the single most tragic bit of evidence that points to the future…and the funders are cutting funding for health and compensation. this is the future of japan…the money will be promised and later it will be removed, leaving the victims holding the genetic legacy. …..apart from the enenws site there were more references to ufos than to radiation contaminating the food we eat! nor any mention of the mid west having a bit of a flood and a wee fire or two, resulting in food contamination or destruction….and on that note im off to the david icke website, who i hear knows something about a moonbase(could come in handy) followed by 30 episodes of the twilight zone back to back :) oh and i have seen a ufo twice in my life( balls of light type)! so dont have a go about that last bit ok!

• nuclearpowerisdeath

Hey everyone, check out this ingenuity coming from a survivalist site.

Editor’s note: This is a guest post from Creek Stewart of Willow Haven Outdoor.

“As a Survival and Preparedness instructor, I take my line of work very seriously–sometimes too seriously. Occasionally, though, I like to take on survival projects that are just downright fun. This article highlights one of those projects.

I’m fortunate in that I’ve been able to turn my passion into my profession–this being the study of Survival and Preparedness. I’ve always enjoyed building survival kits of all shapes and sizes. I enjoy the challenge of fitting lifesaving survival necessities into small compact containers. I’ve built survival kits using film canisters, candy tins, key-rings, boxes, bottles, tubes, bags and everything in-between. For this project, I decided to build a survival kit using a shotgun platform–creating the Ultimate Survival Shotgun. My challenge was that everything had to be included in or on the gun itself–no extra pack items or containers. Below is what I did as well as the survival logic behind each decision.

Ultimately your survival needs fall into five main categories. Your situation dictates the order. They are:

* Water
    * Fire
    * Shelter
    * Signaling
    * Food

THIS LINK IS WORTH THE TIME TO READ!

• Mark Mark

Yeah? How is a shotgun going to protect you from radiation? Whats it got to do with subject matter of this post????

• nuclearpowerisdeath

Did you read the article? What’s it have to do with it? The food supply is going to be contaminated. Do you now how to survive in the wild?

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

“Do you know how to survive in the wild?”
          Good question
          1- the wild is contaminated as well
          2- if you don’t know, you can learn right now, we are not dead or sick yet, so we can learn practical skills, not only virtual cybernetic one ;)

• nuclearpowerisdeath

the question is are the survivors the lucky ones? I get attacked no matter what I say, no matter where I say it, so really what is even the point anyway?

• radegan

The shotgun is to shoot hungry people trying to eat your cesium sandwich, ok?

• Godzilla

Don’t worry about Mark, he’s a bit “special”.

The article was pretty good. I’d rather have the gear on my person though, rather than on a shotgun.

I never thought about using a space blanket as a lean-to, it would be a good idea because lighter than a tarp and would reflect heat from a campfire better, thus keeping your butt warm in addition to your front.

I sure hope he didn’t get any bad results from sleeping in all that poison ivy!

• nuclearpowerisdeath

I was in boy scouts, got kicked out. I remember some of it but periodically I am reminded I don’t know **** about it and would be dead the first time it rained. Definitely time to give it a look. I don’t know about some of you, but certain stuff goes a certain way I’m on the streets like millions are close to being. It’s not irrelevant to this site, so whatever to that other guy. I was looking through the guy’s site who wrote the story and its filled with edible plants and advice. Invaluable, to one who might want to survive. I am not one of those people but I see good people here that DO want to live.

• Mark Mark

Not going to waste anymore time with you if cattle are contaminated so are deer.
    Seriously think your a shill, deflecting conversation away from topic.

• nuclearpowerisdeath

LOL, I’ll make sure to check with you in the future about what’s relevant.

Society is going to crumble the article, that you did not even attempt to read, addresses NOT HUNTING BUT SURVIVAL. Yes nust and berries and grass will not be enough to live on.

WOW, I guess I touched a soft spot. I want it ot be known I won’t even hunt myself but people shou,d start thinking abbout it, just like the conversations last night about the seeds and finding somewhere to move. Calling me a shill, that’s rich. This is all I do all day is be an acitivist. This is my life. It’s all going down bud, don’t act all high and mighty I guarantee you eat meat of some kind. Unreal, the attack for positng an INFORMATIVE link that I will personally be reading several timmes to get myself in order on preparation.

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

Well, why not buy now seeds of organic, coarse grain, and be ready to plow some land somewhere?

There are NGOs in France that sell seeds which are the old good ones, those that can do fairly well without chemicals. I am sure that in the organic network of the US, you can purchase seeds as well.
        I think, this is very practical.

Anyway, we have to accept that we may live a shorter life than what we expected.

• BAN-GREED from our hearts

Eating meat is ingesting the concentrated contamination bio-accumulated by the animals. It’s much wiser to become veggy, dear!

• arclight arclight

Powerful nuclear clique opposes Japan Prime Minister’s renewable energy push….things are on the move, the rats are trapped and they can be at their worst in a corner!
    “Japan’s nuclear village is worried and they’re extremely well connected,” Kingston, head ofTemple University’s Asian Studies program at its Tokyo campus, said in a phone interview. “They’re out to get Kan and it’s not because he’s that incompetent. What worries them is that he’s been making provocative statements that trample on very powerful toes.”….“All these things hit at the heart of the nuclear village and they’re not going down without a fight,” said Kingston,
    #Radiation in Japan: As It Is Being Spread Almost Willfully, The Country Is Getting Unhinged…a nice intro to the article, powerful stuff!
    And check this out to
    “Consider these news summaries. Consider them together. Do they make sense to you? Yes they do, don’t they? The combined message is this: Let’s all rejoice in the radiation, it’s good for you and your children. If we all have it everywhere, millions of becquerels of it, that’s only fair and equitable.”
    Safecast – citizen scientists monitor Japan’s radiation levels
    repost but seemed right here
    Japanese billionaire takes the lead in promoting renewable energy
    USA’s Aerial Radiological Survey – testing radiation levels in the atmosphere
    Iran and IAEA talks might lead to better co-operation
    Wave and Tidal Power for UK Cost Competitive with Nuclear
    Renewable energy supplied almost 20% of world’s electricity jn 2010
    Suspend Jaitapur nuclear plant, extend liability for reactor suppliers…. Nice qoute here (music to me ears!)
    “Addressing a press conference, CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat and CPI leader D. Raja, who visited Jaitapur on Tuesday, asked the government to do away with imported nuclear plants which they said were costly and will come up with EPR (European Pressurised Reactor) technology, which has not been tested anywhere in the world.

“Suspend all nuclear reactor purchases. After Fukushima, we cannot take risks. We have been told that the government is still in negotiations to fix prices of reactors. This should be stopped,” Mr. Karat said.

He said the review of safety of nuclear facilities must be transparent and done by experts outside the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).”

• Hey, Radiation Detectors for Less than $50

[no, I'm not a salesman]

Toyota Joins The Linux Foundation As A Gold Member

Dell’s Peju Leaks, But Why is Indonesia Laughing?
    Another Great Kickstarter Project To Measure Japan Radiation

by RICK MARTIN on JULY 13, 2011 in ASIA, CREATIVE, TECH

Many of you are probably familiar with the DIY geiger counter Kickstarter project from the people over at Safecast.org. In cooperation with Tokyo Hackerspace, the $36,900 they raised was used build geiger counters that since April 16 have collected over 250,000 data points. Today I came across a similar project that’s also worthy of attention: the Smart Radiation Detector project.

This project, organized by Radiation-watch.org, takes a slightly different approach, connecting a small radiation detector via your iPhone’s audio jack:

We are going to manufacture and sell the Smart Radiation Detector connected with iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad via microphone input, at a low price less than fifty dollars by using cheap PIN Photo-diode instead of expensive Geiger-Muller Tube to detect beta and gamma radiation. The actual electronic circuit is so simple it fits inside a match box or a FRISK mint-box, without battery.

The resultant device uses an iOS app, of which there are free and pro versions – though I’m puzzled as to why they’d restrict features in the free version.

I’m not sure if there is any plan to build in a “send data to Pachube” feature, but I think that it would certainly be helpful to get more readings into that pool.

• AustralianCannonball

This is my video analysis that shows the park asuperdry got the soil from as well as the report. I have been so busy I didn’t even know enenews had this yet!. We just want to get this out(I have been working with asuperdry on many things in Japan):

• amateur de nihon cha

HA Ha Ha.
    I am just posting a very last info on how to deal with the real problem I have here, as it might be useful to other people. I was in Japan in march-april, and I am back there now.
    I’d rather be in Europe, but part of my job is here. It has been quite wonderful, but now I am not so happy being in Japan, as you may understand, but I have to manage.
    What I said was meant to give an idea of how people in Tokyo – I am not speaking of Fukushima – are dealing with this catastrophic event, as it might give some guidelines for other people, in case the radiations continue to spread over. I will just re-post my previous post with a few points that I did not to mention – I did’nt mean to be exclusive. Managing on your own side is your job!
    Just one point more : we eat potatoes and low-price fish and vege, but from good secure expensive shops. Who wants will understand.
    Farewell.
    ***
    How I handle my little problem of living in Tokyo pref. now. Avoid avoidable contamination. Leave the shoes at the door – it is Japan here, so OK. Shower back at home. We don’t use coolers. Check food: where it is from. Never buy cheap food. Do not trust: just pay. Buy only in expensive food shops (so a cheaper diet than usual). Beware there are bio farms in contaminated prefectures. Do not eat in cheap restaurants or food places. In fact we do not eat in any restaurants. Wash carefully the fruits and vege, peel them. Do not eat brocolli, califlour, cabbage, salad, spinach, nor herbs, thyme, rosemarine, mushrooms tea nor milk, they are all very good at storing poisons.
    The tap water here is OK (from western Tokyo) so I cannot give any comment. The only seafood that is sure safe is fish species from south Japan only. That’s not a lot. There will be problems with rice, but later, and then with saké ! So drink it now if you can. Have parties and eat at your friend’s.