Very rough, partial translation of the Shukan Gendai (June 24 Issue) article follows:
Fukushima City [60 kilometers from Fukushima meltdown, pop. 290,000 people] is in danger
Extremely high radiation detected
Our urgent, special report reveals
More than 10 times the radiation limit. Even cobalt-60 was detected. Children should be evacuated immediately, but the government says nothing, pretending not to know anything [...]
[Seiichi Nakate, head of the Fukushima Network to Protect Children from Radiation] did his own measurement before the surface soil removal started at Watari Junior High. The soil around the warehouse near the parking lot measured 360 microsieverts/hour.
This time, the survey team measured the soil after the surface soil removal. It was till 45 microsieverts/hour, about 12 times the limit. [...]
Read the EX-SKF report here.
Read the Shukan Gendai article here: Fukushima city population of 290,000 is in danger from a nuclear power plant 60km — Detect abnormal amount of radioactive material — Urgent investigation found Scoop Google Translation
Published: June 21st, 2011 at 5:46 am ET
- All 10 children tested in large city 60 km from Fukushima meltdown have radioactive urine — “High possibility” that children in and near city exposed to internal radiation June 30, 2011
- Japanese professor: “Soil contamination is spreading in the city” 60 km from Fukushima plant — “Evacuation must be conducted as soon as possible” July 5, 2011
- Tokyo: 230,000 becquerels per square meter of Cesium on athletic field in Koto — 6 times as high as limit set for radiation control zones June 9, 2011
- Report: Neptunium-239 found in soil about 40 km from meltdown — “Several thousand becquerels” — Similar to levels detected at front gate of Fukushima plant August 15, 2011
- High internal radiation exposure detected in young children — 16 people with internal exposure over 1 millisievert October 22, 2011