Enformable, Feb. 14, 2014: This week TEPCO released new photos [...] The investigation conducted by the utility [...] found that the shield plug which covers the primary containment vessel was deformed. [...] The shield plug is around 600 mm thick, and the edges have been found to be displaced by 300 mm.
SimplyInfo, Feb. 14, 2014: [Tepco] floated two possible causes. One being the explosion itself, the other being the overhead crane falling on the covers as part of the blast. The crane portion that holds the hook is what is assumed to have done the damage. The center panel of the concrete cover is broken and sunken. [...]
Published: February 15th, 2014 at 11:11 am ET
- Tepco: Steam may be from gas leaking out of containment vessel at Fukushima Reactor No. 3 July 26, 2013
- Japan Nuclear Expert: Simply impossible to remove melted fuel from Fukushima — Corium “has spread all over… could actually have gone through floor of containment vessel” — Only way to deal with these reactors releasing dangerous radiation is to cover in concrete — Will take centuries of work (VIDEO) April 27, 2015
- NHK: Experts ‘shocked’ by what they saw in video of Reactor 1 — Radioactive water flowing down side of containment vessel — ‘Fukushima Daiichi’s hidden crisis’ (VIDEO) January 29, 2014
- Tepco: “Significant density” of Alpha radiation leaking from Unit 3 at Fukushima — Steam seen at reactor building “likely to be leaked” from containment vessel August 14, 2013
- Document shows nuclear fuel burned through bottom of containment vessel under Fukushima reactor — Official: Leakage we observed indicates melt-through by ‘shell attack’ — “This is a very big problem… fuel debris in the PCV is doing something bad” (VIDEO) July 13, 2015