Oct. 24 — “Though everyone pays attention to reactor 1 to 4, actually reactor 5 and 6 are in crisis. Engineers from Hitachi are coming to the area to get it settled down but it’s concealed. It’s likely that they are going critical so Iodine 131 are measured in Tokyo or Iwate,” said a Fukushima local who has a friend working inside the reactors, according to a summary of his Oct. 21 interview with journalist Iwakami Yasumi in Fukushima Diary. (see video below)
Just a few days after the interview, TEPCO released new data about Reactors No. 5 and 6.
Based on that information, Mochizuki is reporting that “Reactor 5 and 6 are in crisis too”.
The Oct. 23 document shows a comparison of how much cesium was measured at the water release point of the reactors over the past 25 days.
Over the past few days, cesium levels have increased 10 times.
In the graph below, the top horizontal line (1.0E +02) is equal to 100 Bq/liter and the line below that (1.0E +01) is equal to 10 Bq/liter. The bottom line is one.
For example, Cesium-134 levels on Oct. 20 were slightly less than 10 Bq/liter, while Oct. 23 showed Cs-134 slightly less than 100 Bq/liter.
Precise measurements for the morning of Oct. 23 are below.
Cs-134 @ 78Bq/liter + Cs-137 @ 110Bq/liter = 188 Bq/liter of total radioactive cesium
Published: October 24th, 2011 at 11:40 pm ET
- Asahi: Radioactive contamination ‘soaring’ in Fukushima groundwater — Strontium and other beta emitters up 4,500% in recent days; Cesium rises nearly 1,500% — Tepco says it doesn’t know why levels spiked (VIDEO) August 6, 2013
- Cesium spiking in ocean off Fukushima plant — Record amount for location at 10,000 Bq/m³ — Former IAEA Expert: “Fish have a real ability to accumulate cesium” (VIDEO) October 13, 2013
- Cesium rises by Reactors 5 & 6 discharge — At highest level in months September 23, 2012
- Swiss Journalist: Marine biologists now telling me there’s been a change in radioactive material coming from Fukushima — More and more strontium being detected in samples, not just cesium — Is gov’t testing for it… is it in our food? (VIDEO) March 21, 2014
- Gundersen: Clouds of radioactive steam should not be coming from Reactors No. 2 and 3 if in ‘cold shutdown’ (VIDEO, Part II) October 22, 2011