Paul Joseph Watson, October 22, 2012:
Hoax? Researcher Claims “Explosions” Witnessed at Fukushima Reactor
Irresponsible rumors disguise real danger of unit 4 meltdown
Conspiracy websites are buzzing with claims that spent fuel pools at the Fukushima nuclear reactor have exploded, with radiation levels off the charts, although the story appears almost certainly to be a hoax.
“THIS IS THE WORST-CASE SCENARIO BECAUSE OF THE THOUSANDS OF TONS OF PLUTONIUM CONTAINED IN THESE SPENT FUEL POOLS. This is now vapourizing into the atmosphere and being disseminated with the winds. Major cloud and radiation spike estimated to hit west coast of USA in two weeks or less.”
[According to the information, a researcher] claims that he was set to do an interview with CNN today about the story, but that has yet to materialize, again suggesting the claims are not legitimate.
[...] if a deluge of people in Japan were panic buying food and rushing to airports, it would be all over Twitter and other social networks, which it isn’t.
Spreading false rumors about such a dangerous situation is highly irresponsible – precisely because of the very real threat [...]
It has now been confirmed that the ground beneath reactor number 4 is sinking unevenly, causing the entire building which houses the fuel pool to tilt. [...]
Published: October 22nd, 2012 at 4:06 pm ET
- Report: Nuclear fuel fragments found over a mile away were “ejected from the reactor cores in those explosions” not spent fuel pools, according to NRC (VIDEO) August 18, 2011
- Fairewinds: Some reports of damage at Fukushima plant after quake, spent fuel pools seem to be intact December 9, 2012
- Reports of nuclear fuel rod pieces being ejected from Fukushima reactors and/or spent fuel pools February 25, 2012
- NRC 100 hours after quake: We hear radiation levels are up, even in Tokyo — Reports that spent fuel pools 1, 2 and 3 started to boil November 18, 2011
- Reactors No. 5 and 6 were NOT in cold shutdown after quake, implies report by US nuclear industry — Cooling at Spent Fuel Pool No. 5 stopped until cables installed — Fresh fuel had been loaded into both reactors November 13, 2011