Nov. 9 — “A journalist of Shukan Asahi, Mr. Imanishi was invited to go into the site by an actual Fukushima worker,” reports Mochizuki.
The journalist reported that “the spent fuel pool of reactor 4 is completely ‘exposed’,” Mochizuki writes.
For the video below Mochizuki summarizes Imanishi’s comments:
- The wall and ceiling of Reactor No. 4′s building was completely blown off by “some explosion”
- “The spent fuel pool is totally left outside, out of control so what you can even see it from out of the reactor”
- “The wall of the reactors are about 1m thick of huge concrete mass. It is blown off.”
- “It shows how much the explosion(s) were more massive that they were announced by the government.”
At :20 in
**For English captions, click ‘cc’, then click ‘Transcribe Audio’, when that’s done click ‘cc’ again, then ‘Translate Captions’
Published: November 9th, 2011 at 12:19 pm ET
- U. of Tokyo analysis: Mystery explosion at Reactor No. 4 caused by radiation dissolving water in boiling spent fuel pool — Contradicts TEPCO’s assumption September 15, 2011
- Siemens Report: Reactor No. 4 spent fuel pool cracked from earthquake (FAIREWINDS VIDEO) May 23, 2011
- Spent fuel pool No. 4 water level drops to 1/3 capacity — High levels of radiation released after ‘equipment’ in pool was exposed June 20, 2011
- Report: Tepco sends “emergency” mail about Reactor 4 — Water level decreasing at 5 times normal rate in tank near spent fuel pool — Link to New Year’s quake unclear January 1, 2012
- Gundersen on TV: Biggest problem I see is Oyster Creek plant near Jersey Shore — No way to cool spent fuel pool while power is out — All nuclear fuel is in pool, none in reactor (VIDEO) October 29, 2012