Breaking News: Typhoon’s hitting Fukushima, Fukushima Diary by Mochizuki, September 21, 2011:
Radiation level is spiking up around in Tokyo and Fukushima. [...]
9PM of Today, they expect typhoon 15th is right hitting the Fukushima plants.
Even the cover of reactor 1 is not completed yet. Some people assume Fukushima plants may sink in water today.
There are 2 hours left for us. Only God knows. One thing I’m sure is, I should have evacuated way before.
Photos from typhoon here.
Published: September 21st, 2011 at 8:15 am ET
- Tweets from Fukushima worker: Trees dying around nuke plant… Pine doesn’t wither in Autumn! — Similar reports in Tokyo area (PHOTOS) October 5, 2011
- Report: Mayor says Tokyo citizens were irradiated -NHK March 12, 2012
- Japan Times: Cesium levels spiking with unusually high amount of fallout in Okutama, Tokyo up to 300,000 Bq/m² — Home to World’s largest drinking water reservoir of its kind, built to supply Tokyo October 9, 2011
- Typhoon increases level of radioactive water in Reactor No. 1 basement by 17 inches in a day — Likely to continue rising July 21, 2011
- Report: Sparrow with albino head in Chiba near Tokyo — Albinism in birds common after Chernobyl — “Extremely rare in nature” says expert (PHOTO) June 8, 2012