Breaking News: M7 hits Japan and water leakage at reactor4, Fukushima Diary, Jan. 1, 2012:
[...] It was scale [note: NOT magnitude] 3 ~ 4 in Tokyo, and also Fukushima but the scale of Fukushima nakadori, where Fukushima plant is, is not announced on the page of Japan Meteorological Agency.
Though the connection with this earthquake is not clear, Tepco announced water is leaking from the cooling system of spent fuel pool in reactor 4. [...]
Read the full report from Fukushima Diary here
Emergency mail from Tepco to Mass media about reactor 4, Fukushima Diary, Jan. 1, 2012:
Notice from Tepco
This mail is sent to people who registered to the service to receive messages late in the night / early in the morning.
17:30 1/1/2012 , Tepco employee found the water level was decreasing faster than usual in the tank to keep the overflowed water from spent fuel pool of reatcor4 [sic].
The water level is decreased naturally because of water evaporation, as it used to take 3 hours to be decreased by 50mm (17mm / h), but from 2PM to 5PM today, it was decreased by 240mm within 3 hours.(80mm / h). [...]
Read the full translation from Fukushima Diary here: Emergency mail from Tepco to Mass media about reactor 4
From ANA (Asahi TV) News (1/1/2012):
Water leaking in the facility adjacent to the Spent Fuel Pool in Reactor 4 in Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant?
It has been confirmed that the water level is getting lower in the tank adjacent to the 4 Spent Fuel Pool in Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant at a pace 5 times faster than normal. TEPCO is trying to identify the cause as soon as possible. [...]
Read EX-SKF full translation here
Published: January 1st, 2012 at 6:33 pm ET
- Tepco: Recent quake caused water level drop in tank next to Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 January 2, 2012
- Asahi: Parts of Spent Fuel Pool No. 4 footage “were unclear” — No “change in shape” of fuel assemblied “observed” -Tepco February 11, 2012
- Kyodo: Leaking water at Reactor No. 4 “in contact with fuel in spent fuel tank” — May be from cold weather OR explosions February 1, 2012
- TEPCO: Nuclear fuel rods in No. 4 spent fuel pool are “confirmed to be damaged” — First time damage revealed at any pool April 13, 2011
- Tepco sends emergency email to journalists: Leakage at Reactor No. 4 — “They assume the water is from the well of the reactor” February 1, 2012