Title: Residents: Insurance policies canceled
Source: The Advocate
Author: DAVID J. MITCHELL
Date: February 06, 2013
Louisiana Commissioner of Insurance Jim Donelon said Tuesday his office is making a general inquiry into allegations that insurers are not renewing homeowner’s policies of residents evacuated due to the large sinkhole in Assumption Parish.
[...] a non-renewal letter cited “increased hazard” and a “substantial change in risk” after a resident filed a claim due to tremor-induced damage. The claim was also denied. The resident and company agreed to part ways. [...]
Title: Texas Brine Updates Bayou Corne Residents 01/30/2013 Part 6
Date: Jan. 30, 2013
Resident: We want to find out what’s going to happen with our homes […] My slab’s already broken to hell. I’ve been living in Bayou Corne for 26 years, never had but 1 small crack. Now it looks like spider web. So you’ve got to try and understand our skepticism here.
Published: February 6th, 2013 at 12:30 pm ET
- Officials: Sharp tremor reported under giant Louisiana sinkhole — Centered near collapsed cavern October 25, 2012
- Gov’t Health Expert: Salad oil is more dangerous than radioactive waste below giant sinkhole (VIDEO) December 14, 2012
- Watch: Smell getting worse around giant sinkhole… “a lot” more complaints — Residents report health problems — Official compares risk to inhaling scent of roadkill (VIDEOS) September 30, 2012
- Video: Giant sinkhole’s ‘containment system’ could encompass 70 acres January 31, 2013
- Expert: Salt dome may be ‘moving’ — We’ll know what’s happening after imaging by giant sinkhole (VIDEO) January 31, 2013