Please be careful!
On the roads and near the side drains by the side walks in Minami Soma City and Soma City, we’ve started to see the black substance that looks like dirt. [...] It has been known to have very high radiation levels [...] Please do not go near it. [...] The survey meter shows 56.3 microsieverts/hour. Young children in particular should pay attention.
It’s noted that the in the same newspaper, they are urging the city’s former residents — particularly mothers with children — to return to the city.
Published: June 1st, 2012 at 3:44 am ET
- Report: Radioactive “black dust” in Fukushima City, 60km from meltdowns — “It is not just in Minami Soma City” (PHOTO) March 17, 2012
- Mystery black substance has 1,000,000+ Bq/kg of cesium — Seen all over Minami Soma — Officials meeting to discuss findings February 16, 2012
- OPCOM emergency survey of more black dust finds alpha radiation of 45 microSv/h — Measured at public housing project in Minami Soma February 18, 2012
- UPDATE: Original mystery black substance was never tested — Much more radioactive than official’s black dust — Detector shows 95,880 cpm — Up to 60,000 cpm in beta — New alpha info February 17, 2012
- Highest Yet? 6 million Bq/kg in black substance — 523 microSv/hr and 174,000 CPM — “Completely different from Mr. Ooyama’s samples” (PHOTOS) June 15, 2012