Title: Health hazard?
Source: The Hartselle Enquirer
Author: Clif Knight, staff writer
Date: June 18, 2013
[...] unfortunately there are other health hazards looming nearby over which we have no control.
Radioactive emissions from Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant is one of them, according to the results of a study conducted by the Bellefonte Efficiency & Sustainability Team, which was released last week. The study claims that the death rate of residents of Morgan and six other North Alabama counties is 21 percent higher than it is for those living outside a 50-mile radius of the nuclear powered electric generating facility.
It further states that since Browns Ferry’s startup in the mid-70s the local mortality rate for all causes of death steadily rose from 1.7 to 20.7 percent above the U.S average. Nearly one million people live in the affected area.
This is the kind of news that makes me stand up and take notice. And it makes me wonder if TVA has known all along and kept the secret from us for over 35 years.
Published: June 18th, 2013 at 4:53 pm ET
- Mysterious affliction in Alaska polar bears suffering baldness and lesions; Rate spiked nearly 1,000% after Fukushima began — Gov’t: Ongoing reports of unusual number of ‘hairless seals’ with sores — “Seals continue to be reported with hair loss… it makes us nervous” (PHOTO) March 17, 2015
- TV: 8 times more babies than usual born without brain near U.S. nuclear site; Much higher rate than anywhere else in country — “It’s scary the cause is such a mystery” — CNN: Experts speak out over failure of officials to conduct proper investigation — “The lamest excuse I’ve ever heard” (VIDEO) June 23, 2014
- TV: Bald eagles dying at rate “much higher than normal” and it’s not from West Nile virus as previously claimed — Now around 60 dead in Utah since December — “We feel helpless, we don’t have a lot of answers” (VIDEO) February 18, 2014
- “Horrific environmental mystery… Everyone’s freaked out”: 1,500% normal death rate in whales off West Coast — Gov’t declares unprecedented Unusual Mortality Event — Scientists alarmed, ‘no idea’ what’s happening — Expert: “It’s all going to cascade up to us” — Other die-offs being reported (VIDEOS) August 24, 2015
- 100% death rate of baby seals on California coast — “None have survived” — “Many are starving, suffering from shortage of food in Pacific Ocean” — “Extremely thin… all sorts of illnesses, infections” — “Milkless moms immediately abandoning pups” — TV: “The problem is getting worse” (VIDEOS) March 22, 2016