Title: Japan – The Next Wave
Source: ABC’s Foreign Correspondent
Date: Nov. 5, 2013
At 1:45 in
Mark Willacy, reporter: I’ve been stunned by the brazen and often clumsy efforts to cover-up and lie about the effects and extent of the radiation damage. […] It’s abundantly clear many aspects of this epic, unfolding tragedy are yet to be written — the nuclear fallout will see to that.
At 9:00 in
Tomoko Koike. mother of 2 and 4 year old in Fukushima Prefecture: We do not know the real situation. We don’t know whats going on. I can’t trust them. […] My children had never contracted influenza before, even without vaccination. But they contracted it last year. Their vulnerability to illness has increased. [...]
Willacy: Her children have already been screened and cleared in tests run by the Fukushima local government. But a follow up screening here at the private Hirata hospital revealed cysts on the thyroid gland of 4 year old Saki.
Koike: A couple of cysts were found. I was very shocked. I don’t know whether the examination by the prefecture was sloppy, or that she wasn’t examined properly.
At 17:15 in
Dr. Minoru Kamata: It was disclosed that the Fuksuhima health investigation committee was having several secret meetings. I feel the response to this issue has been unthinkable for a democratic nation.
Published: November 5th, 2013 at 5:56 pm ET
- ‘Unthinkable Twist’: Japan expert calls for immediate health exams outside Fukushima, must act urgently or damage will be worse — Gov’t Officials: “I don’t want to discuss the issue”… Discovery of cancer could cause excessive anxiety July 23, 2014
- Show Host: I was told not to discuss Fukushima on air, but I did anyway –”They didn’t want it talked about a lot, but eventually it became undeniable” — “World not rushing to aid Japan because nothing can be done… just getting worse and worse… it’s a horror, it’s a tragedy” (VIDEO) April 22, 2014
- NYTimes: Human crisis unfolding in Fukushima — Many now realizing “we’re being lied to, they can’t fix things” — “Lies… They can’t handle it… Many here have given up” (VIDEO) October 2, 2013
- U.S. Physician: Of course Fukushima contamination will impact our health, “This is random murder” — TV: Scientists say it’s suicidal for gov’t to allow residents to live near radiation hotspots by plant (VIDEO) November 17, 2013
- Expert: “There’s just very few of the birds left” in the high contamination from Fukushima plant, “things are not looking good” — Spider webs looked ‘strange’ (PHOTO) — Animals response to radiation over twice as bad as in Chernobyl — “Implies effects are stronger in Fukushima” (VIDEO) May 7, 2014