Enformable, Nov. 20, 2012:
Decontamination efforts often insufficient as contaminated materials continue to accumulate
Decontamination in the exclusion zones is proving futile. Efforts to clean up highly contaminated areas are generally failing because melting snow and rainwater run off the contaminated hills and return to recontaminate homes and land. Diversion ditches have failed to stop the process.
Dr. Helen Caldicott in Japan, Nov. 20, 2012:
The truth is, scientifically, they will never clean it up. It’s impossible.
- Source: OurPlanet-TV
Published: November 20th, 2012 at 2:11 pm ET
- Fukushima Workers: We were told to only clean areas around radioactivity measurement sites — Radiation levels rise after ‘decontamination’ January 4, 2013
- Japan to use military troops for decontamination? Koide: “It is impossible to decontaminate — Region’s land itself has been contaminated — It is impossible to move the land” November 18, 2011
- Fukushima Evacuee: Everyone is worried… there’s no end in sight — Decontamination is impossible — If they’re not careful more people are going to start killing themselves (VIDEO) July 12, 2012
- Miles O’Brien Interview: Gov’t should apologize and evacuate citizens right away — Mayor: Decontamination is impossible, but should be done anyway (VIDEO) March 12, 2012
- Gundersens on TV: Went to Japan to tell people the truth about Fukushima — Cold shutdown impossible — Japanese poised to become energy innovators (50 MINUTES) March 11, 2012