Fukushima women are losing their hair, Fukushima Diary, December 31, 2011:
[... A] woman posted the hair of her old friend (42) from highschool. She says that she always wears a wig but once she takes it off, it looks horrible.
The blogger woman and her friend both started losing her hair from October. Only within 3 months, it became like this.
[...] My Japanese blog readers sent me the link to her blog some time ago. I read the posts, researched the response to her blog from people I trust on the net. I have little reason to doubt this is a fake, she sounds sincere, though it is my personal judgment and I could be wrong. [...]
- Probably [...] early 40s
- Live in Minami Soma City [within 25 km of meltdowns]
- She was a high school teacher until 2 years ago, and now she teaches children at her home
From the entry on 12/31/2011, on her friend’s hair
A very good friend of mine since high school just dropped by to say hello. We occasionally talked over the phone about my head (balding and hair falling off) and her condition. She’s 42 years old.
She came wearing a wig. When she took it out, I had no words to say.
She evacuated (after the accident) to the inland area near the Fukushima-Miyagi border. But when the reactors were exploding and when the vent was being done, she was right near by (in Minami Soma). [...]
She and I both started to lose hair in large quantities starting October. This is the head of a healthy, 42-year-old woman. She is quite active, and she works.
Can you believe it? In 3 months she has lost so much hair. Now you understand why I wanted to cut my hair short to 3 centimeters long. Right now, I have more hair than her, but if I had kept it long I would have lost much more hair. [...]
Published: January 3rd, 2012 at 9:58 am ET
- Fukushima Volunteer: “Their hair started falling out, they were almost bald, they told me they were wearing wigs” — More women at doctors’ offices missing hair December 30, 2012
- Japan Radiation Professor: Women can’t control themselves — Leads to stress, then teeth & hair fall out January 14, 2012
- WATCH… if you can: Interview with Fukushima woman losing hair, nails, teeth now available (VIDEO) January 11, 2012
- “Never heard of so much sickness & death in such a short period” says Fukushima evacuee — Writes about strange diseases in young people, deadly tumors and hemorrhages, pets missing hair, child losing all their fingernails, polydactyl baby — Doctor: My friends are dying of cancer, one after another October 21, 2014
- Anonymous Interview: Medical doctors working in Fukushima say lots of people are dying — “Bleeding, losing hair, and having a bad health condition” (VIDEO) April 30, 2012