DMorgen (Google Translation), Feb. 15, 2013 at ~12:45p ET:
h/t Anonymous tip
New water pump incident [...] After analysis, the incident was classified as a level 1 of the INES* scale (International Nuclear Event Scale) [...]
Lalibre.be (Google Translation), Feb. 15, 2013 at ~1:30p ET:
Doel: technical incident at the nuclear [...] The defect was classified at Level 1 (anomaly) on the INES scale (with 7 levels). A pressure difference was found on a turbopump unit 2 of the Doel nuclear power plant, announced Friday the Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (FANC) on its website.
*The [INES] International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale is a worldwide tool for communicating to the public in an open and consistent way the safety significance of nuclear and radiological events -IAEA
It appears the last INES event involving a nuclear reactor was last April.
See also: AFP: Fires, radioactive fluid leak at French nuclear plant -- Level 1 on INES scale... 'provisionally' -- Small pools of burning oil
Published: February 15th, 2013 at 2:52 pm ET
- “BREAKING: Belgian nuclear power plants evacuated” after terror attacks — Multiple reactor sites cleared “amid heightened fears of another attack” — Military and armed police on scene — Capitol on lockdown after dozens killed — “Dismembered bodies everywhere… It’s like the apocalypse” (VIDEO) March 22, 2016
- Exceptional Incident? Dutch authorities seize five containers after hazardous radiation exceeded permissible levels May 10, 2011
- Emergency declared at U.S. nuclear plant: Fire shuts down reactor — “Reports of black smoke” — Company says no release of radioactivity “above normal operating limits” #Callaway July 28, 2013
- “Emergency shutdown” at one of world’s largest nuke plants — Local Official: “Radiation is 14 times higher than acceptable norm” in area; Warns of Chernobyl-type disaster — Gov’t: Levels are “within acceptable limits”, incident is under investigation — Second accident at plant this month December 29, 2014
- Reports: Two dead, one wounded at nuclear plant in France February 28, 2013